Ge'Shun Harris

Recruiting is important, but it's just so hard to judge that you can put much stock into anyone's offer list/star rating. Hayo Carpenter: 4 stars, offers from Boise, Florida and ASU. Pretty impressive, no results on the field. Willie Van De Steeg, no offers outside of the U, 2 Stars, One of the best Gopher defenders of the past 10 years.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Here we go again. Some guys just don't get it.

You don't need the highest ranked recruiting classes in the big ten every year to win the conference. Would all of us love classes full of 4 and 5 star recruits? Yes we sure would but no matter who we hired as a coach that wasn't going to happen for the foreseeable future. I am personally excited to see what a motivated coach with a proven track record can accomplish here over the next few years with the players he recruits, regardless of stars. Making underhanded comments about guys who commit to the U before they even play a down is silly, give Kill and the guys a chance to prove themselves before you pull out the pitch forks and torches.

Not a burner, but great football quickness, and sure hands. Why not add some depth with him!

Not a burner, but great football quickness, and sure hands. Why not add some depth with him!

Depth is the key to the majority of JC signings. Kill has said time and time again that #'s are hurting really bad.

I agree, he seems to have really good hands and he knows how to block. I'll take him.

Recruiting is important, but it's just so hard to judge that you can put much stock into anyone's offer list/star rating. Hayo Carpenter: 4 stars, offers from Boise, Florida and ASU. Pretty impressive, no results on the field. Willie Van De Steeg, no offers outside of the U, 2 Stars, One of the best Gopher defenders of the past 10 years.

You forgot to throw in the Eric Decker reference in your post?

The fact is, the majority of higher ranked recruits perform better on the field than lower ranks.

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this question - but I wonder if there's been any discussion about JD Pride playing receiver? Seems like we have decent QB depth with Gray, Alipate, and Parrish.

Anyone know if Pride would be adequate or better at receiver? Just wondering because I know we're so thin at that position.

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this question - but I wonder if there's been any discussion about JD Pride playing receiver? Seems like we have decent QB depth with Gray, Alipate, and Parrish.

Anyone know if Pride would be adequate or better at receiver? Just wondering because I know we're so thin at that position.

Pride will almost certainly end up at WR or DB. He is legitimately fast and a decent athlete, but I think he is probably a couple years away from contributing.

Top Bottom