Ge'Shun Harris

He's got good size. Doesn't look like he has great speed but decent enough. We're very thin at WR especially if Xzavian Brandon and Brandon Green are not able to come back. He has some decent offers. Sounds like he may sign on right away if offered. Might be worth a shot if Kill and staff think he could make an impact the next couple of years.

He doesn't look especially fast, but I've never been much of a judge of talent, and beggars can't be choosers. Seems like he has good hands.

He reminds me of Delanie Walker, the SF 49er TE who was a small-college WR. Looks really strong, but doesn't seem to get a lot of separation.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think he originally signed out of h.s. with ASU.

He looks like he could instantly start for us, he has nice hands, is big and physical, big10 ready kind of guy. It'd be very tough to find a game ready wr out of the h.s. ranks at this point.

He looks like he could instantly start for us, he has nice hands, is big and physical, big10 ready kind of guy. It'd be very tough to find a game ready wr out of the h.s. ranks at this point.

I'd obviously take one because we are so thin at WR, but I don't even think I really love the idea of trying to RS our entire class as often as we can. If we can sign the right JuCo guys, it will really help this program.

Harris looks really similar to McKnight (not as good, but style). He doesn't run great routes and he isn't that fast, however he catches the ball pretty naturally and has great size. He would be a huge "get" for our program simply because he would have a legitimate chance of playing right away.

I really hope Green and/or Brandon can play for us next year (i hope for their sake they are healthy too). If we could have McKnight, Harris, Brandon and Green our WR corp wouldn't look nearly as thin as it does right now. I also love the fact that he will be on campus in January (if he signs).

BTW: IF he signs and he is a starter next, we will have an enourmous football team (especially in two TE sets).

Sounds like his teammate was the juco player of the year. Even though rb isn't a major concern right now he might be worth talking to. He is small but has some ridiculous runs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVlE_AoIzqg. Here is a good article on the kid http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/dec/20/ex-las-vegas-high-star-reggie-bullock-named-juco-f/

I think it would be really smart for us to add a JuCo RB if it's the right fit. Our running back position is all SRs or FR. It'd be nice to add a kid who could give us some class balance.

Depth is so important in college football. For instance, our lack of depth made it really difficult to move Stoudermire to CB before the end of last season.

I really like Edwards and if they think his best position is RB, I am 100% for it. However, it would be a shame if he is "forced" to play RB because we lack depth at that position. The same thing can be said for D. Wright (the mysterious one who no one knows if he is at the U or not), there is a large debate over whether or not this kid's best position is WR or RB. Well, I would hope that we pick his position based solely on where he would be a better fit (rather than depth).

The guy who I think is more likely is Jamal Womble. We offered him and so did Northern Illinois (the Kill staff is familiar with him and he has ties to the Kansas JuCo system). He is a bit different than Eskridge, Bennett, or Kirkwod (5'10" 230), and he was a 4 star kid who signed on to UNC out of HS.

I heard we offered him and he will likely be accepting before his Official here in early Jan

I think it would be really smart for us to add a JuCo RB if it's the right fit. Our running back position is all SRs or FR. It'd be nice to add a kid who could give us some class balance.

Depth is so important in college football. For instance, our lack of depth made it really difficult to move Stoudermire to CB before the end of last season.

I really like Edwards and if they think his best position is RB, I am 100% for it. However, it would be a shame if he is "forced" to play RB because we lack depth at that position. The same thing can be said for D. Wright (the mysterious one who no one knows if he is at the U or not), there is a large debate over whether or not this kid's best position is WR or RB. Well, I would hope that we pick his position based solely on where he would be a better fit (rather than depth).

The guy who I think is more likely is Jamal Womble. We offered him and so did Northern Illinois (the Kill staff is familiar with him and he has ties to the Kansas JuCo system). He is a bit different than Eskridge, Bennett, or Kirkwod (5'10" 230), and he was a 4 star kid who signed on to UNC out of HS.

Bob-

Do you think any JUCO RB would want to come here with 2 seniors with significant experience and 2 or 3 RS Freshmen waiting in the wings? I really think RB is the last place we need to look for JUCO's.

I prefer the Gophers stay away from JUCO players unless absolutely necessary. Build your program from the ground up with your own players who can be in the system for 4-5 years. I think about K-State when then went from Bill Snyder to Ron Prince. I believe Prince brought in 17 JUCO's one year. Yuk. That did not work well for K-State.

Bob-

Do you think any JUCO RB would want to come here with 2 seniors with significant experience and 2 or 3 RS Freshmen waiting in the wings? I really think RB is the last place we need to look for JUCO's.

I prefer the Gophers stay away from JUCO players unless absolutely necessary. Build your program from the ground up with your own players who can be in the system for 4-5 years. I think about K-State when then went from Bill Snyder to Ron Prince. I believe Prince brought in 17 JUCO's one year. Yuk. That did not work well for K-State.

We have 2 sr rbs that are very mediocre. Kill will have a tough time getting in on the good h.s. rbs at this stage. Womble and Bullock both are different types of running backs then what are currently on the roster as well. Snyder also brought in large numbers of jucos, his classes regularly saw double digit numbers for jucos.

Bob-

Yeah, I don't think we have a ton of depth at RB, especially after next season. We have ok running backs but nothing elite. A good JuCo RB (especially one like Womble) could easily come to to MN and be our short yardage back and compete to be one of our leading rushers next season. That is pretty wide open in terms of how most BCS schools recruit RBs. Having two SRs and two FR at a position like RB isn't going to be considered full by any means.

I was sure worried Georgia St or North Texas would get him. Can't believe we beat out those schools. His offer list is a who's who of FCS football. I hope Eastern Kentucky doesn't sweeten their offer...

I was sure worried Georgia St or North Texas would get him. Can't believe we beat out those schools. His offer list is a who's who of FCS football. I hope Eastern Kentucky doesn't sweeten their offer...
He had a decent offer list SDSU, Ohio, Memphis, MTSU, Utah State. It's not like he had offers from no one.

He had a decent offer list SDSU, Ohio, Memphis, MTSU, Utah State. It's not like he had offers from no one.

That's true. I just trying to get used to being underwhelmed by recruiting again. Hopefully that will be followed by overachieving on the field.

3 stars, at a position of need, I'll take it. I'm guessing he'll see plenty of PT next year.

That's true. I just trying to get used to being underwhelmed by recruiting again. Hopefully that will be followed by overachieving on the field.
We did just get a coach so it's going to be pretty hard to lock up any big names this late in the process. I wouldn't call it underwhelming recruiting.

3 stars, at a position of need, I'll take it. I'm guessing he'll see plenty of PT next year.

We have a couple of 4 stars that can't find the field on a 3 win team, so lets not get confused by the star rankings, especially of JC players. Its a crapshoot. He may be halfway decent or he may not, but we'll just have to see. We have to take a chance on someone, and the coaches get the benefit of the doubt since they only had very little of a recruiting season. So we'll see.

I believe Harris walked on at Arizona State and was not recruited there. His tape shows a guy who can't separate against JUCO CB's, so what does he do in the Big Ten? I am not sure this does much to fill a glaring need at WR for next season.

When do we sign some kids with BCS offers?

I believe Harris walked on at Arizona State and was not recruited there. His tape shows a guy who can't separate against JUCO CB's, so what does he do in the Big Ten? I am not sure this does much to fill a glaring need at WR for next season.

It will be nearly impossible for us to fill that glaring need. There simply isn't many Frosh WR who are capable of stepping in and playing early and he is one of the higher rated WR in the JuCo ranks.

I don't think Harris is the kind of guy who could be counted on to start at most Big 10 schools which really does illustrate our dire position at the WR position. If Green and Brandon are healthy, i'd imagine Harris will be fighting Kiese for time as our 4th WR. If they aren't, well Harris will compete for PT. The fact that without Harris, we'd be looking at Barker and Kiese guranteed a ton of PT, i'm glad we have him.

I don't think this is right.

I got that from an asu fan on scout who initially let people know harris was being looked at, maybe he walked on as someone said, I guess he is real good friends with burfict. I think his film looks good, personally I think this kid will contribute. He doesn't need to separate much with his big body and physical play.

Yea cause those CB are playing 13yards away from him.

Yea cause those CB are playing 13yards away from him.

With his size and his ability to catch the ball, if he had blazing speed, he would have been a 5star recruit. I imagine we will have a solid ball player who will compete for PT at the WR position right away.

He blocks well which will work great with Kill's offense, and he can probably block better with more coaching. Secondly, he catches the ball, he will never be a big threat, but with McKnight on the other side, he should get opportunities to catch the ball. Big, strong, with good hands should work oksy in this offense. we need players at WR.

Lets see how he does.

I remember watching a highlight video of a couple JUCO WR's in the past who were supposed to be the second coming of greatness and they did nothing. Carpenter and Hamilton did very little for the Gophers and they looked awesome on their tapes. Lets see if this kid can do anything one way or the other before we expect anything. I dont see any reason to be negative or overly positive at this point. Hopefully he can help the Gophers next season.

Jerry Kill is not going to bring in a ranked class no matter what. As long as he can keep us in the running with some solid players we will have to take it. If we can win some games next year hopefully he can turn that into a good recruiting class. To many recruits have had a year or two to build relationships with schools recruiting them. When Brewster was fired most of those ties were broken with the Gophers so kill has to rebuild them or get what he can.

Recruiting is important, but it's just so hard to judge that you can put much stock into anyone's offer list/star rating. Hayo Carpenter: 4 stars, offers from Boise, Florida and ASU. Pretty impressive, no results on the field. Willie Van De Steeg, no offers outside of the U, 2 Stars, One of the best Gopher defenders of the past 10 years.

Top Bottom