Game security with no sense

For the record, I'd like to state that since I called talked to the ticket office, I got a nice call from someone at facilities, and the problem went away. I even got a replacement sippy cup.

Have usually never had a problem. I do take a look at the security guards and their lines and try to profile who seems like they aren't going to go deep into the search.

One thing my wife does is she puts in 4 or 5 Dasani caps in her purse, so we can screw one on the bottles of water after purchase. Perhaps a Plan B if Captain Super Sluth tosses future sippy cups in the garbage.

It is stupid that they try to eliminate anything that is clearly being brought in for a child. I guess only advice I would have is to scope out the security people and take a chance on someone that doesn't seem drunk on power.

Most of the time if I just ask for the cap, they will take it off, but then either set it aside so that I can clearly take it back or they will even just hand it to me. Only once did I get someone that wouldn't give me a cap when I asked.

I did ask if they could give me beer without opening the can and that was a dead end. I guess it's an on/off sale issue.

I said earlier in this thread (last year) that I have had a whole range of experiences entering the stadium, from painstaking searches to simply being waved on in. Managed to have a new experience on Saturday... security dude was simply asking everyone "Do you have anything in your pockets?" That was a first.

I simply got waved in for the Iowa game last year with my pockets loaded with booze. Made for a nice afternoon. :)

I said earlier in this thread (last year) that I have had a whole range of experiences entering the stadium, from painstaking searches to simply being waved on in. Managed to have a new experience on Saturday... security dude was simply asking everyone "Do you have anything in your pockets?" That was a first.

Green skinny guy?

Green skinny guy?

And what about "homeland" security? After 9-11 I thought there were a bunch of new airspace restrictions around stadiums, yet we had that idiot in the white and red stunt plane buzzing the stadium in early pregame, then again right as the band tried to march down the field.

Does anyone know the backstory of this pilot and what the point was? The whole thing was very loud, ruined the band pregame show and really s

Not only was he buzzing the stadium but he seemed unreasonably close to the jets flying out of MSP heading off to the north. It didn't go unnoticed by many in our lot.

And what about "homeland" security? After 9-11 I thought there were a bunch of new airspace restrictions around stadiums, yet we had that idiot in the white and red stunt plane buzzing the stadium in early pregame, then again right as the band tried to march down the field.

Does anyone know the backstory of this pilot and what the point was? The whole thing was very loud, ruined the band pregame show and really s

red baron pizza.

Top Bottom