GAME #6: Gophers (5-0) v. Syracuse (4-0) [ESPN2, 4:30PM]

Malik Smith is a mess offensively if he's not spot up shooting.

Malik played his role for us but I probably would have had Mathieu in the last few minutes.

Tough game. Needed our star to show up. He didn't. On to the next one.

By no stretch am I disappointed? We played hard til the end against a very good team. We will win enough to get in the tourney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's really unfortunate Dre lost his touch in the 2nd half, we needed that.

Terrible ball control today. It's too bad since they shot so well.

Not bad for a team that is supposed to finish last in the big ten...

It's tough playing a long and athletic team like Syracuse when we don't have much size outside Elliason. BS flagrant call, these refs favoring Syracuse. Oh well, I was impressed by our moxy. They were one play away from tie ball game at 1:30, end up losing by 8.

Great hard fought game. Can't do much when we can't make shots and the officiating is spotty. Well at least we don't have to play Syracuse next so hopefully the officials like us tomorrow! :cool:

It's tough playing a long and athletic team like Syracuse when we don't have much size outside Elliason. BS flagrant call, these refs favoring Syracuse. Oh well, I was impressed by our moxy. They were one play away from tie ball game at 1:30, end up losing by 8.

Agreed, thankfully we don't have to play 'Cuse tomorrow so the refs can't favor them! :D. Glad to get Mo back tomorrow also, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO SUSPEND HIM FOR 6 GAMES!?!?!? :cry:

Arkansas looked very undisciplined. Always looking for the hi-lite real play. We should win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pitino's gonna do great things here. Really excited about the future of the program.

Andre Hollins finished the game 1-9. That and EE's foul trouble were probably the biggest difference in the game. I was impressed with how hard the team played and they certainly look like a well-coached team.

I'm super excited to see what Pitino can do here. That was a very fun game to watch. Maybe if we're able to shot 27 FT's compared to only 13 if might of been a different game. This is gonna be a fun team to watch!

Please don't say that, just what a typical fan of the losing team says. I had no problem at all with the refs, they were consistent for the most part.

Andre Hollins finished the game 1-9. That and EE's foul trouble were probably the biggest difference in the game. I was impressed with how hard the team played and they certainly look like a well-coached team.

Hollins didn't have his best game which hurt......but I think that the rest of the team played well enough to make up for it. The turnovers seemed to be the biggest issue if you ask me. I also didn't care for the press as the Orange commonly broke it and had a mismatch on the defense end of the court. It's pretty deflating to score a bucket and let up an easy basket on the other end due to a man advantage for the other team.

Hollins didn't have his best game which hurt......but I think that the rest of the team played well enough to make up for it. The turnovers seemed to be the biggest issue if you ask me. I also didn't care for the press as the Orange commonly broke it and had a mismatch on the defense end of the court. It's pretty deflating to score a bucket and let up an easy basket on the other end due to a man advantage for the other team.

+1. Too many easy looks from an ineffective press.

Please don't say that, just what a typical fan of the losing team says. I had no problem at all with the refs, they were consistent for the most part.

Agreed. I don't think that the refs were quite as bad as some think. Syracuse did seem to get a majority of the 50/50 calls however.

+1. Too many easy looks from an ineffective press.

And that's most likely due to the opposition. Against inferior teams, the press can be pretty frustrating. Syracuse is a good team and they knew how to break it. We ended up giving quite a few more points by not getting set on defense than we gained on press related turnovers.

Agreed, thankfully we don't have to play 'Cuse tomorrow so the refs can't favor them! :D. Glad to get Mo back tomorrow also, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO SUSPEND HIM FOR 6 GAMES!?!?!? :cry:

Because that's what the chart said.

Syracuse was way more physical and aggressive to the hoop, you'll shoot more free throws that way.

Elliason was a force protecting the rim, excited to see him continue to gain confidence!

And that's most likely due to the opposition. Against inferior teams, the press can be pretty frustrating. Syracuse is a good team and they knew how to break it. We ended up giving quite a few more points by not getting set on defense than we gained on press related turnovers.

See, I've seen it all year against the weaker competition too. We've given up way to many easy looks.

I can't say I agree with that at all. EE's foul trouble was a huge factor. The 3rd foul was a ridiculous call. He was going to call it on the offense (which it should have been because the offensive player extended his arm), but decided not to for some reason. A ref doesn't going running like that then call it on the defense.

The EE got hammered late in the game and no call.

The refs weren't the only reason we lost, but Syracuse definitely got a majority of the 50/50 calls.

EE is by far are most valuable player and maybe are best player, i would definitely take him over Austin, Mathieu, and Malik and maybe over Dre

Top Bottom