GAME #26: Gophers (16-9, 5-7) @ Northwestern (12-13, 5-7) [BTN, 5:00PM]

A high number of turnovers and poor free throw shooting usually spell doom on the road. In the case of the Gophers, I'd say "almost always."

When the other team, however, shoots 30% from the floor and its best player shoots 1 for 15, it means they either didn't take advantage of your ineptitude or that you played great defense.

[Our rebounding was mediocre at best. NW got 10 offensive rebounds. We had 7.]

I watched via DVR the Villanova/Creighton game after Minnesota/Northwestern. It felt like I was watching a completely different sport.

I long for the day a Gophers/Wildcats game is not "first one to 50 wins".

Question: DVR'd the game and watched the first half before going to bed convinced we were going to lose. Heard on the radio this morning we won. Is it worth watching, or is the play as painful to watch as the first half?

Question: DVR'd the game and watched the first half before going to bed convinced we were going to lose. Heard on the radio this morning we won. Is it worth watching, or is the play as painful to watch as the first half?

The 2nd half was much like the first, NW went without a FG for 7 min. Other than a few nice Mathieu drives, not much there. There were a few painful moments at the end where the Gophers did their best to let the 'Cats hang in (5 second call, Mo dropping a rebound out of bounds). Not complaining, I'll take winning ugly over losing pretty.

If you fast forward through the deadball stuff and the first 15 seconds of each possession you can watch it in about 10 minutes.

Dre Mathieu took over for a few minutes and that was fun to watch. Other than that, meh.

Top Bottom