GAME #22: Gophers (15-6, 4-4) v. Northwestern (11-11, 4-5) [BTN, 2/1, 1:00PM)

This game is going to come down to Northwestern's 3 point shooting. Either we stop them or they win.

We are not very good without Dre, we just don't have any sort of confidence on offense.

It would be nice if for once our opponent shot a reasonable 3 point percentage.

NU is one of the worst offensive teams in the country, if we can't get some stops, we are in trouble.

We're seeing how important Andre is to this team. No one other then Lil Dre can create their own shot (Austin can but he doesn't seem to make them anymore) or shots for others. Hope he comes back against Purdue.

Not a good start. Hoping NW would be flat after Wisconsin. Clearly not the case.

I had a worse feeling going into this one than I did going into Nebraska. Hopefully they can pull together and gut this one out. But I never thought we were going to run away with this one without Dre.

nw is the worst 3pt shooting team in conference. they will cool off.

Northwestern shoots under 30% from 3 this season so of course they're going to shoot lights out vs. us.

For what it's worth Gophers were favored by 10.5 in Vegas

You know what I love about the press? Nothing.

We just aren't good at the press. Pitino can have it be part of his long term vision but it kills us right now. Northwestern is a terrible offensive team and the press is allowing them to get open shots. Just give it up.

We just aren't good at the press. Pitino can have it be part of his long term vision but it kills us right now. Northwestern is a terrible offensive team and the press is allowing them to get open shots. Just give it up.

Exactly. It's hurting the team right now. Provides nothing.

We should almost start Mo with Dre out. He's become our best offensive option.

This is probably the first game I can remember our press being effective in causing turnovers against a major opponent.

Top Bottom