GAME #18: Gophers (13-4, 2-2) v. #9/11 tOSU (15-2, 2-2) [ESPN2, 1/16, 8:00PM]

This team is so overrated. I'm not even going to count this as signature win for Pitino. Definitely a great win though.

This is not a game we would have won last year. The way we play on both ends, wears teams out. I remember right after Pitino got here he said we have to be in better shape then our opponents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This. Is. Big. Wow, I'm very excited. What a win!! Don't listen to the people who think OSU is overrated. Can't remember when I was this proud.

And we are officially ahead of Ohio State in the standings. We got our 1 win in this tough stretch, now we are playing with house money the next two games!

God Matta has to sit Craft's ass on the bench sometime. They played better for the 2-3 minutes that Scott got to play without Craft at the end of the first half than they ever did with Craft in the game.

Next Wednesday nights game could be a lot of fun! (but lets get the Hawkeyes first)

And we are officially ahead of Ohio State in the standings. We got our 1 win in this tough stretch, now we are playing with house money the next two games!

Yep, but now I'm greedy. @Iowa is almost a for-sure loss but Wisconsin in the barn next week will be incredibly fun. I think we have a shot in that game.

I noticed the same thing. He barely cheered. He doesn't care. He won't be on the team next year. His brother definitely will not come here.

When I watched the bench I actually saw the opposite I saw him standing and cheering for Andre's three in the corner. I thought the whole bench was very supportive the whole game.

Pitino known that a technical foul is not always a bad thing. He pretty much begged them to T him up. And it worked.

This. Is. Big. Wow, I'm very excited. What a win!! Don't listen to the people who think OSU is overrated. Can't remember when I was this proud.

Beating #1 Indiana was pretty cool, I thought.

Big win though. People may not consider it "signature" because OSU is slumping, but trust, when Selection Sunday comes around, it'll be a good win on the resume. It was a pretty sloppy game early on, but I like that the fellas were able to stick with it and gut out a W. Mathieu has been such a huge addition, I don't know where this team would be without him and Malik really. Eliason's always shown glimpses of this ability in the paint, but he's become a legitimate top big guy on a consistent basis.

This team is really coming around, I like what I'm seeing. Early returns on this Pitino hire only continue to get better and better.

Post Game thoughts:

1. Good win by the Gophers. They had to get a win in this tough stretch and they got one. Let's grab another.

2. Aaron Craft, like Ohio State, is massively overrated. We are much better than them. They should not be ranked, and Craft doesn't deserve the publicity he gets. Thus, I doubt this game will be seen as a big win for us.

3. Austin Hollins must come off the bench or have his minutes cut significantly. Malik Smith is better. Austin Hollins can neither dribble nor shoot. He dribbles like Mav and shoots like Rodney.

Austin needs start playing like he has in the past. Malik is not a full time player.

Post Game thoughts:

1. Good win by the Gophers. They had to get a win in this tough stretch and they got one. Let's grab another.

2. Aaron Craft, like Ohio State, is massively overrated. We are much better than them. They should not be ranked, and Craft doesn't deserve the publicity he gets. Thus, I doubt this game will be seen as a big win for us.

3. Austin Hollins must come off the bench or have his minutes cut significantly. Malik Smith is better. Austin Hollins can neither dribble nor shoot. He dribbles like Mav and shoots like Rodney.

Completely disagree with 2 and 3. Austin will get it back.

WOOOO!!! They need to expand the student section! It'd be even louder in there. What an atmosphere tonight though and what a performance from our guys. So proud! Pitino's gonna do great things here...SKI-U-MAH!!!

Post Game thoughts:

Let it rest!

My observations:

1. This was the best TV crowd that I can recall in some crowd minus the cup-throwing incident.
2. Oto played hard. He lacks talent but I respect what he brought to the table tonight.
3. EE has really improved and Mo is looking better every game.
4. Austin is really in a funk but high character and leadership is obvious.
5. Andre needs more shots and struggles to create his own.
6. Matthieu is pure fun!
7. Did Maverick play a minute tonight?
8. We won't have an Ellenson on the roster next year.
9. Our rebounding is not good.
10. This team is not very talented but Coach Pitino is making me believe that we got ourselves a good one!

Top Bottom