GAME #17: Gophers (13-3, 2-1) @ #4/5 MSU (14-1, 3-0) [BTN, 1/11, 1:15PM]

Good one...did your mom help you think of that one or did you come up with that yourself?

Another turnover...might be nice if we got a shot off in Overtime

No, during the break before OT, the Gophers read your comments and agreed with you. Stop being such an ass and sober up.

Why the hell do you keep going inside when you havnt scored there in 3+ possessions.

seriously? you would rather have them settle for 3s which is what started the Michigan St comeback to begin with.

I'm a lot more optimistic about our next 3 games than I was yesterday.

I'm sure we can stay competitive in them, but winning close games against tough teams is another thing that we don't know how to do quite yet! Still don't think we will win them, but I guess anything can happen.

seriously? you would rather have them settle for 3s which is what started the Michigan St comeback to begin with.
Were down by 9 with 2 minutes to go... So yes I would rather settle for threes right now then two

These reviews are horrible for college basketball. You shouldn't review every single time someone gets bumped on the nose.

I'm sure we can stay competitive in them, but winning close games against tough teams is another thing that we don't know how to do quite yet! Still don't think we will win them, but I guess anything can happen.

so lets blow them out...

Dre with a pretty solid game, 22 points. Hopefully this gets him back on track.

Yes this looks like a disappointing finish, but WAY more good than bad. It would have been our first win in East Lansing in 17 years, and our first true road win against a top 5 team ever. We were REALLY close, even with a long drought on offense. Exciting time to be a fan with Pitino developing an identity that has me drooling in anticipation. (post # 9 Sid, I'll try and put more out - I try and wait until I actually have something interesting to say).

Good effort by the team today. This was a winnable game, but MSU is better even without Payne. Today showed once again how badly we need a post scorer, and how poor of an offensive player Austin Hollins can be. He cannot shoot well nor does can he drive well.

He is struggling in Big Ten play just like last year. This isn't a coincidence.

These guys gave everything they had..they should leave East Lansing with their chins up. Games like these are important because while they didn't execute in OT the way they should have they know they can compete against this level of competition. I believe in these guys...every last one of em. Come back home, learn from this, practice and give Ohio State hell. SkiUMah forever!

Yes this looks like a disappointing finish, but WAY more good than bad. It would have been our first win in East Lansing in 17 years, and our first true road win against a top 5 team ever. We were REALLY close, even with a long drought on offense. Exciting time to be a fan with Pitino developing an identity that has me drooling in anticipation. (post # 9 Sid, I'll try and put more out - I try and wait until I actually have something interesting to say).

+1 Great job by Coach P!

very proud of the effort, absolutely no quit in these kids. Tough to win when the other team is given 38 free throws in the second half plus overtime

don't start with this. Michigan St has made plays to get those calls while the Gophers have decide to take jump shots and not try to get to the rim

Absolutely untrue.

When MN did go to the hoop, there were no whistles.

Not the reason for the loss, so don't go there. Certainly did not help.

Tough to win when Austin Hollins gives you absolutely nothing. I'll be doing the happy dance
when he graduates.

The lack of a power forward who can score on this team is glaring. Let's hope Josh Martin can be that guy next year. A nice effort vs a short-handed Spartan team in East Lansing. Like the Michigan game, a blown opportunity nonetheless.

very proud of the effort, absolutely no quit in these kids. Tough to win when the other team is given 38 free throws in the second half plus overtime

I think you should have stopped when you applauded the team's effort. It's a dangerous game when fans start blaming the refs. Good game for the gophers. Hopefully we can start taking the "moral" away from "moral victories" and they'll just become "victories."

I hate to say it but I've always thought Austin was over-rated by GHers. No way he plays in the NBA.

Absolutely untrue.

When MN did go to the hoop, there were no whistles.

Not the reason for the loss, so don't go there. Certainly did not help.

yes it is true.

Gophers spent the 2nd half taking jump shots. very few aggressive plays towards the rim and the few times they did they got to the free throw line on some of those plays.

Top Bottom