GAME #15: Gophers (11-3, 0-1) v. Purdue (10-4, 0-1) [BTN, 1:30PM)

What happened to all those folks calling for Austin and Andre's heads after last game...

Play Wally dammit. Who is McNeil and why does he see any minutes??? Pitino is starting to lose me.

McNeil is playing better today than Wally ever has. He's playing well on defense, moving the ball, and going to the basket when it's there. If Wally played defense or moved the ball he would probably play.

we should put these refs on an island and nuke them

Pretty good first half without lil Dre on the floor. Refs are completely controlling any tempo, so the players have to adjust for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We gotta continue to be aggressive on O by driving to the hoop. They are in worse foul trouble than us.

McNeil is playing better today than Wally ever has. He's playing well on defense, moving the ball, and going to the basket when it's there. If Wally played defense or moved the ball he would probably play.

you have lost your mind or are watching something else. We'd be up 13 if he was on the bench.

you have lost your mind or are watching something else. We'd be up 13 if he was on the bench.

Even if your assessment of the relative abilities of these two players was correct (it's not), that doesn't change the fact that 1) Mathieu was in foul trouble and 2) Wally doesn't play point guard. So if any of the two gets more minutes in this situation, it's going to be McNeil.

Play Wally dammit. Who is McNeil and why does he see any minutes??? Pitino is starting to lose me.

This is what would cause Pitino to lose you? Really?

First half +/- at center position:

EE +4
MW even
neither +3
both N/A

Dre needs to make his freethrows. He's been off lately.

Maxed out his freshman year. ~80% is still very good, but I fondly remember the days where he swished all of his FTs.

Halftime Stats:
Gophers 42-35 in ~ 31 possessions
eFG%: Gophers 60.4x%| Purdue 44.6%
TO%: Gophers 19.3% | Purdue 19.0%
OR% Gophers 46.2% | Purdue 47.6%
FTrate: Gophers 62.5% | Purdue 57.1%

Keys to the game per LNH pregame:

Don’t let Purdue dominant the offensive boards.
- Boilers started off strong with 7 early OR’s, but Gophers closed gap as half progressed. (%’s almost even.)

Don’t put Purdue on the line – make them beat you by shooting the ball.
- 16 trips. Too many.

Lean heavily on your stars: Austin Hollins and Andre Hollins.
- Austin w/13p, 5r, Dre w/12p, 3a

Halftime Stats:
Gophers 42-35 in ~ 31 possessions
eFG%: Gophers 60.4x%| Purdue 44.6%
TO%: Gophers 19.3% | Purdue 19.0%
OR% Gophers 46.2% | Purdue 47.6%
FTrate: Gophers 62.5% | Purdue 57.1%

Keys to the game per LNH pregame:

Don’t let Purdue dominant the offensive boards.
- Boilers started off strong with 7 early OR’s, but Gophers closed gap as half progressed. (%’s almost even.)

Don’t put Purdue on the line – make them beat you by shooting the ball.
- 16 trips. Too many.

Lean heavily on your stars: Austin Hollins and Andre Hollins.
- Austin w/13p, 5r, Dre w/12p, 3a

Cool post - where did you get the detailed stat info?

Top Bottom