Game 1: Gophers Host Jacksonville (11-9-21)

There are lots of problems with this team that will be fixed with this top 4 nationally recruited group. Make no mistake no better female group of recruits has ever been compiled at this school. Our lack of a true point guard that can consistently control the pace of the game, set up the offense, break down the defense has been recruited with this group. A shooting guard that can play along side small forward Scalia is also in this group. And an inside presence who can actually score is in this group of recruited players. The current team has a lot of short comings. This one does not.
This team already has guards that can run the point and shoot the lights out other than the starting PG and SG, and they are team players. Look at some of the players bios and stats. One guard is the 5th leading scorer in WI history- think of that. They have two quick athletic posts. Sorry to say, but the coaches are fixed on the PG and its not changing. Period. This class will hopefully add speed and a team first attitude. That, in itself, will go a long way. It will be nice to see players actually pass the ball up the court for a transition basket once in a while.

You are correct. She is a Terrible communicator and is not a coach. Runs around looking like a slob
Tell us what you really think! Did she kick your dog or steal your prom date or something? I would LOVE to hear how you define a 'slob'... I sure hope that isn't code for something else.

The reason why the mid majors like Drake, SDSU and GB have historically been good is they go out and get high IQ basketball players that may have been a little undersized at a power 5, but when you put them all on the floor their IQ can offset potential. Potential has be developed to take it to that next level - look at Ayoka Lee at KST, wasnt that polished coming out of HS, didnt even play on a good AAU team, same with Cizano from IA, not real polished in HS. We have some bigs that you could put in that bucket, but I'm not sure they will see the floor any time soon.
Also, throw St Thomas in that mid major mix, in two yrs they will be like a SDSU or a Drake. They literally could of beat WI with only like 3 scholarship kids if the WI freshman didnt have a career day, wait until St. Thomas gets 15 scholarship kids.
The UofMN will have to develop players to take that next step.

She’s a terrible speaker and will never recruit top players. She has NO personality
Ok that’s aggressive. I think she has a very fun personality and can be a great recruiter. It’s putting all the pieces together I worry about.

No way top ten nationally☹️
They literally are ranked # 7 nationally but rankings are only a piece of the puzzle. You are extremely negative and your personal comments about Whalen show me you are probably minimally invested in this teams or her success. You show up to pile on the critical bandwagon. The next few years will tell us if she can win with more talent. No previous coach in the history of the program has signed this much talent from MN.

Top Bottom