Gaelin Elmore Commits to Gophers over Badgers/Huskers! UPDATED w/ GopherHole Q&A!

Bang✨ Bang✨ ‏@Elmore2014 3m
Feels damn good! Just committed to Minnesota! Gonna be a Gopher #MaroonAndGold #SkiUMah

Oh that is damn beautiful.

That's the first Wisconsin kid we've gotten with a Badger offer since.....hell I have no idea. I mean, technically he's much closer to the Twin Cities than Madison, but still, I'll take it.

@gopherhole: Big time football recruiting news as Gaelin Elmore (@Elmore2014) chooses #Gophers over #Badgers, #Spartans, Neb

@gopherhole: Gaelin Elmore (@Elmore2014) is a TE from Somerset, Wisconsin and spurned in-state #Badgers for rival #Gophers!!

@gopherhole: Elmore broke the news to #Gophers Coach Kill today in person at the U!! Welcome to Dinkytown @Elmore2014! #SkiUMah!

@gopherhole: Jerry Kill is putting #Badgers HC Gary Andersen on notice: #Gophers treat Wisconsin like in-state recruiting! @Elmore2014 a Gopher!

Go Gophers!!

@elmore2014: Feels damn good! Just committed to Minnesota! Gonna be a Gopher #MaroonAndGold #SkiUMah

Go Gophers!!

per Alan Trieu:

Somerset (Wisc.) class of 2014 TE Gaelin Elmore makes his choice and is headed to the Big Ten.

Somerset High's Gaelin Elmore committed to Minnesota today over offers from Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Nebraska and others.

"It's close to home. It allows my family to go through this with me and enjoy my future with me."

The Gophers were the first to offer the 6'5, 230-pound Elmore.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1300174.html

Go Gophers!!

God damn I love it when my fellow Wisconsinite's go to the U. Glad to have Gaelin on board. #SKIUMAH

From a poster named BadgersRBest, on the Wisconsin 24/7 Sports board..

"I hope the Badgers get a tight end commitment before Elmore commits to Minnesota. It will just look better, like he wasn't the top priority. Losing Elmore and Evans would make the fence look pretty weak."

He better grab a blanket, his insecurity is showing.

Awesome! We are going to have some solid TE's for the future.

So many reasons to love this commit!

1. Beat out Wisconsin on a Wisconsin Kid
2. Beat NE & Mich St after he visited both campuses
3. Talented TE that will stretch defenses down the middle and keep middle linebackers and free safeties honest when playing against us.
4. Came early. We need good recruiting press as Kill & Co chase their top targets.
5. Beat out Wisconsin on a Wisconsin Kid

This is the type of out of state Midwest recruit that will help to turn other recruits heads and make them take a second look...great get for the gophers and another kid who was able to see that personal attention (time one on one seeing campus with Kill) goes a long way and that this coach actually cares about them deeper then just Saturday afternoon.

Some quotes from Elmore in this (free) GI article, including this one regarding Jeff Jones:

"I actually messaged Minnesota commitment*&^!#Jeff Jones*&^!#and told him this morning that I was going to commit. He said that he was really happy for me and excited to have me on board," Elmore told GopherIllustrated.com. "I am going to start recruiting for the Gophers as soon as tonight. I'm solid to Minnesota and ready to focus on my high school season."

http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1516340

Some quotes from Elmore in this (free) GI article, including this one regarding Jeff Jones:

"I actually messaged Minnesota commitment*&^!#Jeff Jones*&^!#and told him this morning that I was going to commit. He said that he was really happy for me and excited to have me on board," Elmore told GopherIllustrated.com. "I am going to start recruiting for the Gophers as soon as tonight. I'm solid to Minnesota and ready to focus on my high school season."

http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1516340

illK6U.gif

ESPN: Gophers get TE Elmore from Wisconsin

Gaelin Elmore had a top two of Iowa State and Wisconsin last month. He was coming off of visits to Indiana, Michigan State and Ohio State.

And then the Somerset (Wis.) High School tight end committed to Minnesota on Sunday. The 6-foot-5, 243-pound Elmore told ESPN.com of his commitment in a text message.

Elmore made a visit to Minnesota a few weeks ago and was back on the Gophers’ campus on Sunday. He began leaning toward Minnesota after that initial visit, which came after a visit to Iowa State. He camped at Ohio State this weekend, but he did not land an offer.

It is another major addition for Gophers coach Jerry Kill, who also has a commitment from Jeff Jones, although Jones could very well sign elsewhere come February.

Michigan State, Nebraska and Wisconsin are among Elmore’s other offers. It is a rare in-state miss for the Badgers, who have done extremely well locking up the limited talent in their own backyard.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...id/11523/gophers-get-te-elmore-from-wisconsin

Go Gophers!!

From recruit Alec Kocour: @alec_kocour2: S/O to @Elmore2014 for doing what he wants and committing to the #gophers #congratsman #B1G

Go Gophers!!

Interesting talk on the Badger Board about him. I'd say he's a guy that I'll believe is coming once he signs on the dotted lines.

Interesting talk on the Badger Board about him. I'd say he's a guy that I'll believe is coming once he signs on the dotted lines.

I feel this way about most recruits. I especially feel this way about kids who commit who aren't from Minnesota and who offers from their home state.

So yeah, wait and see. For now, it's awesome. I'd rather hear this news than not (or that he committed elsewhere). He seems like a good kid and he's an impressive talent.

Stealing one from Bucky....times are a changin!

I'm seeing a lot of descriptions of Elmore as a pass-catching, field-stretching TE. I don't see that at all. What I see is a devastating blocker who happens to be fairly quick with decent hands. You'd be hard pressed to find a more physical blocking TE at the point of attack. I see him as Plsek 2.0 with a little better speed and a little better hands. He's already 240ish going into his Sr. year and will be 260-270 before he ever steps on the field at TCF. Either way, he's a very welcome addition!

Top Bottom