Gaelin Elmore Commits to Gophers over Badgers/Huskers! UPDATED w/ GopherHole Q&A!

I'm seeing a lot of descriptions of Elmore as a pass-catching, field-stretching TE. I don't see that at all. What I see is a devastating blocker who happens to be fairly quick with decent hands. You'd be hard pressed to find a more physical blocking TE at the point of attack. I see him as Plsek 2.0 with a little better speed and a little better hands. He's already 240ish going into his Sr. year and will be 260-270 before he ever steps on the field at TCF. Either way, he's a very welcome addition!

Got to agree, though he moves well and catches the ball with good authority.
His blocking is incredible, even outside in space.
He's also pretty lanky and definitely will add some lbs.
Welcome aboard Gaelin!

TE might be the most interesting and exciting position on the team next few years.

TE might be the most interesting and exciting position on the team next few years.

Between Goodger, Plsek, Williams, Wozniak, and now Elmore, the TE position is big, tall, mobile, and athletic--all at the same time. In a two-TE set near the goal line--who are you going to cover--and with whom?

So is Wisconsin considered in state recruiting for the gophers now? Lol.

Good Work to Kill and his Staff! I was surprised to learn that Elmore committed to the Gophers and couldn't be happier. Kid is a STUD!

Very nice Offensive Recruiting class shaping up!

Somerset is darn near a suburb of the cities, it's not like he's from Madison or something lol. But yeah, any time we get highly touted Sconny recruits that they want, I'm good with it. Hope it sticks. Jones, McKinzy, and him is a nice start to this class, along with the big guy Richardson.

Interesting talk on the Badger Board about him. I'd say he's a guy that I'll believe is coming once he signs on the dotted lines.

Anything can happen, but the key difference between him and Brookins/Zagzebski (sp?) is that neither of them had any other offers when they committed to the U. Elmore already has about 6 B1G offers and has visited pretty much everyone that offered him, including some schools twice. I like our odds better with him than Jeff Jones at this point.

Not surprisingly according to the Badger fans, but Wisconsin "cooled" on Elmore....
You can't make this sh*t up....
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2561&t=11549864&p=3

Classy comment as always from EricTheeRed:

"Nothing like the short drive home after a loss. And that's especially true after a Goldy games because it's normally delayed 30 minutes for the various on-field seizures from the head coach."

Having fun at our futility is one thing, making fun of a coach's medical condition is quite another. I'm glad I don't feel the need to cross that line.

Go Gophers!!

"cooled" = pathetic justification for losing on a recruit. You dont cool on the 22nd rated TE in the nation who is in your backyard

Yeah, if the badgers want him he'll get the phone calls now. the type of phone calls that only boosters can make.

Anything can happen, but the key difference between him and Brookins/Zagzebski (sp?) is that neither of them had any other offers when they committed to the U.

Elmore pointed out the key difference between him and other Wisconsin recruits: he didn't grow up in Wisconsin and wasn't a die-hard Wisconsin fan.

I agree with Dpo, he looks athletic enough to be a good receiver, but the first thing I notice is his ability to block. He's an impressive physical specimen.

I agree with Dpo, he looks athletic enough to be a good receiver, but the first thing I notice is his ability to block. He's an impressive physical specimen.

I've seen Elmore play a handful of times......he's a SPECIAL athlete. He looks like he weighs about 190-200 but is listed at 240. He's incredibly agile and strong. He's a beast on the basketball court (again while maintaining agility). He's going to be a matchup nightmare. Somerset rarely throws the ball, but when they do, he's the man. Everyone on the field knows it, but they can't stop him. As for Wisconsin "cooling" on him? BS.....this is a GREAT get for Kill. From everything I've heard, he's also a good kid.

booster will pay you to bring the mail from the mail box to the house. you only have to do this when you have time. pay is $2,000/month including summers.

I am sure they will. Let's not forget Zagzebski.

Here's hoping we keep him. Looks like a very very very good get.

Yep, they will and they will probably be a threat. As much as I loathe the Skunks, they have a good program. I am hoping they go through enough coaching change pains and we have enough success that they won't be a factor.

Two guys in two days with excellent sets of offers.

Classy comment as always from EricTheeRed:

"Nothing like the short drive home after a loss. And that's especially true after a Goldy games because it's normally delayed 30 minutes for the various on-field seizures from the head coach."

Having fun at our futility is one thing, making fun of a coach's medical condition is quite another. I'm glad I don't feel the need to cross that line.

Go Gophers!!

I very rarely visit other boards, but the Wisconsin board is a dumpster fire. My favorite is all the "theories" they come up with:
1) Cooled on him
2) Mysterious behind the scenes going on about using this as a way to get other schools to back off so at signing day he'll have an easy choice (you can't make this stuff up).
3) Not their first choice and would have ridden the bench behind their stud TEs
4) Price of gas - his family could not afford to drive down to Madison
5) Someone wrote something on the internet that hurt his feelings.
It goes on and on. Those people make lizhoney2u look smart.

I very rarely visit other boards, but the Wisconsin board is a dumpster fire. My favorite is all the "theories" they come up with:
1) Cooled on him
2) Mysterious behind the scenes going on about using this as a way to get other schools to back off so at signing day he'll have an easy choice (you can't make this stuff up).
3) Not their first choice and would have ridden the bench behind their stud TEs
4) Price of gas - his family could not afford to drive down to Madison
5) Someone wrote something on the internet that hurt his feelings.
It goes on and on. Those people make lizhoney2u look smart.

I do believe that some kids commit to a school-of-interest early but keep their recruiting, if not open, more manageable for themselves. I'm not saying that this is what is going on here and I certainly hope it isn't. If what others are saying is true, this is a top drawer kid we truly want in the program.

I do believe that some kids commit to a school-of-interest early but keep their recruiting, if not open, more manageable for themselves. I'm not saying that this is what is going on here and I certainly hope it isn't. If what others are saying is true, this is a top drawer kid we truly want in the program.

If we get the washburn RB, this will be a top recruiting class IMO. At least for Minnesota

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI 1h #Gopher TE commit Gaelin Elmore (@Elmore2014) tells me he'll enroll early at Minnesota and plans to take part in spring practice.

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI 1h #Gopher TE commit Gaelin Elmore (@Elmore2014) tells me he'll enroll early at Minnesota and plans to take part in spring practice.

Awesome.

Elmore is already one of my favorite players. Can't wait to see him hit the field.

If our OL/running game is going to be as good as I think it will be, a guy with his athleticism will have boundless opportunity. His ability to block, and get downfield on play action from will be fun to watch.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2014 B1G Recruiting <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> Commit G Elmore 6'5" 240 TE Complete TE Blks,Runs,Catch growth poten. Gr8 get. A lot B1G offers Perfect fit 4 O</p>— Gerry DiNardo (@gerrydinardo) <a href="https://twitter.com/gerrydinardo/statuses/347716629490188289">June 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom