future nonconference schedule

There are some excellent NC games already announced: UNLV, Syracuse, North Carolina, Colorado State, Oregon State, Navy. Some sources claim we have an agreement with Colorado too.

Some others I would like to see:
Missouri, Kansas, Iowa State, Maryland, Army, Boston College, Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, South Florida, Arizona, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Idaho, Wyoming, Tulane, Washington State, U Conn, Hawaii. Notre Dame would be good too.

Indiana played Kentucky every year for a very long time.

That ended during a few years ago when the IU coach who passed away larded up the schedule in an effort to get bowl eligible every year.

Kentucky plays Louisville every year and has to compete in the SEC, so they may have been open to dumping IU as well to schedule a 1AA game and have one more home game every single year.

Who is going to replace Texas? I thought Maturi said he had a team lined up but wanted to wait until the big 10 decided on the 9 game schedule first before announcing it. The timing on the 9 game conference schedule has been announced.

gophersfan said:
Pretty Sure we have one with Colorado.
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-ten/minnesota-golden-gophers.php

Check the 2021 and 2022 part. pretty sure we have one with them. We do have one with CSU Rams also.

You are correct both CSU and CU. Things change though. I remember seeing the CU Buffs on our schedule for 2009-10 at one point years ago but they were removed by Brewster. I think those were the USC games.

Boise State on the Smurf Turf.

One of the big three Florida schools. Preferably Florida State

Stanford

Any of the service academies

Notre Dame

Washington

Ole Miss or Mississippi State

Alabama vs. Penn State
Sept 10, 2011
Happy Valley

Ahem....like I said: "...unless it's a rivalry game such as Indiana-Kentucky, Illinois-Missouri or Penn State-Alabama (which actually goes back to the Nittany Lions days as an independent)..."

The Alabama-Michigan game falls into the same category as Tennessee-Iowa - it's the modern day Kickoff/Pigskin Classic.

You are correct both CSU and CU. Things change though. I remember seeing the CU Buffs on our schedule for 2009-10 at one point years ago but they were removed by Brewster. I think those were the USC games.

The USC series replaced Washington State.

I think resuming a classic series vs. Pittsburgh for a year or two would be a a great non-conference matchup.

Top Bottom