Full Recap of Board of Regents Chair Dean Johnson Interview on KFAN

I see Jalen Myrick just got invited to the NFL combine - he was two stars on most recruiting sites when he signed for us.

Damn NFL evaluators do not have a clue what they are looking for. Sack them all.

I'm nearly speechless. In the positives column, you've got 9 wins and success in the classroom. In the negatives column, you've got an attendance problem created almost entirely by the previous AD (and not addressed in the least by the current AD) and fvcking recruiting rankings?!?!? Jeezus, you may as well have had 5 random GH'ers in the room -- we would've been far more knowledgeable about the state of the program.

I'm nearly speechless. In the positives column, you've got 9 wins and success in the classroom. In the negatives column, you've got an attendance problem created almost entirely by the previous AD (and not addressed in the least by the current AD) and fvcking recruiting rankings?!?!? Jeezus, you may as well have had 5 random GH'ers in the room -- we would've been far more knowledgeable about the state of the program.

Have you ever seen Johnson and wren in the same place at the same time?

Disliked Johnson as the leader of the Senate, dislike him as a regent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well Dean Johnson said it all right here come May Kaler will be packing his bags. When he compares it to Baylor Penn st let's just say his blood is boiling with the leadership!

Not necessarily, he was also just on with Mike Maxx, gave almost the exact same interview as on KFAN, but when asked by Maxx if Coyle did a good job Johnson gave him a pass for being fairly new and said he did OK.

This explains why Dean Johnson was ended up as a regent, they guy was rejected by the voters several times, and yet he was still allowed to waffle on this and be the weak link.

I thought the regents might be the firewall. I was wrong. I saw Dean Johnson on the field in San Diego and thought he might have made a difference. Dean was clearly not on the Coyle side, but he did not have the will to fight for what he knew was right. More weakness and mealy mouth BS form the U of M. Business as usual for 50 years.

This explains why Dean Johnson was ended up as a regent, they guy was rejected by the voters several times, and yet he was still allowed to waffle on this and be the weak link.

I thought the regents might be the firewall. I was wrong. I saw Dean Johnson on the field in San Diego and thought he might have made a difference. Dean was clearly not on the Coyle side, but he did not have the will to fight for what he knew was right. More weakness and mealy mouth BS form the U of M. Business as usual for 50 years.

Outside of hiring the President of the U, it's not the Regents' job to get directly involved in other personnel matters. If you don't like the President--and I'm not defending Kaler here--fire him. But let the President run the University without meddling by the Regents. The fact we have Regents running around and giving extensive interviews in the press is part of the problem here and it's not going to contribute to the solution.

The administration is using recruiting sites to judge the performance of a coach and his staff? Wow, they are even more inept than I thought possible.

Well recruiting is an issue.
How's Coyle suppose to measure that?
Does he setup a combine for all of our commits, so he can personally evaluate?
Cmon!

Cmon!

9 Wins, a FR All American, competing againts Top 10 teams all season, first full year as coach, short contract with no admin support, take your pick.

Cmon!

You measure it by the amount of talent that you have in your program. You don't go on rivals in January and look at the rankings of a coach who has been on the hot seat all year and say "huh, according to rivals, recruiting rankings are down."

If the program seems like they are physically unable to compete with the good Big 10 programs, you think, we aren't bringing enough talent into the program. You don't look at a chart on rivals.com.

Top Bottom