Frustrated About The Devoe Mystery

figi

Reaction score
Apparently the report that Tubby would enlighten us about Devoe's injury or academic problems, or both, or whatever, in 24 hours, was highly exaggerated.

a new thread on this? really? didnt you see the massive thread talking about Devoe's status?

a new thread on this? really? didnt you see the massive thread talking about Devoe's status?

Well at least he didn't start a thread about Calhoun becoming the next coach on Dec. 1.;)

Apparently the report that Tubby would enlighten us about Devoe's injury or academic problems, or both, or whatever, in 24 hours, was highly exaggerated.

Tomorrow night they are going to have media availability to speak to Tubby and players, perhaps they will provide an update then.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the public/fans are obligated to know about every single thing that goes on from within the program. I'll trust Tubby's judgment.

Wasn't Tubby's exact quote something like figure it out in the next day or two. I don't think he said 24 hours.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the public/fans are obligated to know about every single thing that goes on from within the program. I'll trust Tubby's judgment.

I'm with you - as nosy as I am, I love to know stuff like this, but I certainly think it's a luxury and not a right. I feel like things, just 5 years ago, before all the blogs and Twitter updates, were a lot less public. If a guy was out, he was just out for a certain amount of games and unless you knew someone inside the program, you didn't know why.

I do trust Tubby with this stuff too - I love that our players can't get away with murder. Sooner or later, the guys are going to realize that and stop messing up so much if they want to play!

I love that our players can't get away with murder.
Well Nadine...I hope that if one of our players committed murder, they'd have to sit out more than 5 games :p

In all seriousness, I don't think it's really much of our business. These types of things are between the players, coaches, and administration(?) if it gets to that point.

As a fan, I'd love to get the dirty gossip about every little thing regarding our problem, but expecting to receive that gossip is asking too much IMO.

I don't really care what devoe did ... I am just frustrated at not knowing how long he's out for. Regardless of the readon

I don't really care what devoe did ... I am just frustrated at not knowing how long he's out for. Regardless of the readon

That's exactly right. The fans should know only the extent of the suspension not the reason for it.
The suspension if there is one should be revealed as soon as possible. As soon as it is the fans begin to move onto other issues and the tension is released. For this reason I'd like to know how many games he'll miss and that's that.

I don't really care what devoe did ... I am just frustrated...

Trust me, my little friend, there is a lot about alot that you do NOT know about, so you will be extrememly frustrated your entire life if you are gonna be frustrated about things you know nothing about. Welcome to the big-time.

Trust me, my little friend, there is a lot about alot that you do NOT know about, so you will be extrememly frustrated your entire life if you are gonna be frustrated about things you know nothing about. Welcome to the big-time.

Ya "My Little Friend".

Trust him. You know - The Boozer.

Listen to the doctor. Or does Dr. stand for "drunk"? Look how well he does. Life is so simple for him. He's not frustrated - he's mellooooowwww. He's in "the big-time" and evidently he has it all figured out. Only gets upset when the beer is warm or it's all gone. :p

Ya "My Little Friend".

Trust him. You know - The Boozer.

Listen to the doctor. Or does Dr. stand for "drunk"? Look how well he does. Life is so simple for him. He's not frustrated - he's mellooooowwww. He's in "the big-time" and evidently he has it all figured out. Only gets upset when the beer is warm or it's all gone. :p

That is why I never get upset...my beer is never warm and it is never all gone. If electricity is off, beer sits outside staying cold, when fridge gets only 1/2 full, I resupply. I am mellow. Am I drunk? How the hell do I know. I don't even know when I am sober, so relax, little one. :drink:

I hate that our players can't get away with things that wouldn't have an affect on a normal college student.

Maybe those who want to do that shouldn't be D1 athletes. Those that do need to follow the rules.

Maybe those who want to do that shouldn't be D1 athletes. Those that do need to follow the rules.

Should we really hold athletes to a higher standard than the rest of the population?

Full-ride musician or academic scholarship guy has trouble with the same issues facing Joseph mid-semester.....do they suspend those kids from whatever clubs or groups they are a part of? Do they suspend the musician from performing for a month? If it is academics, the kid on academic scholarship has till the end of the semester to get it rectified.

According to Sid in today's Strib, it's an academic issue for Devoe. How accurate is that, your guess is as good as mine.

"We need Joseph's ability to hit that three-point shot, and I look for him to be able to play soon," coach Tubby Smith said. ... Per Sid in today's paper. Again he referred to some academic issues that should be cleared up soon.

So, proving once again that Sid is no longer relevant, he went from telling us on WCCO that Devoe could 'miss the entire year because of a leg injury' to now writing in the Strib that 'this is just a little academic issue and will be cleared up soon.' Well, he's covered his bases, but the added irony is that I think he is wrong on both reports.

A tweet from Myron a little while ago-

Devoe Joseph probably out for Friday's season opener against Wofford "but it's not definite."

So does this mean if they don't think we can beat Wofford without him he'll play?

That tweet doesn't say much. He might not play, or maybe he will. Riveting stuff.

Top Bottom