Free Marqueis Gray!

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
It's Senior Day for the best football player on our team the last 3 seasons.

He should touch the ball a minimum of 15 times.

I'd like to see him rush 15 times and have the ball thrown to him at least 5 times.

Find a way to make the game go through him. Let him put the team on his shoulders. Then watch his teammates respond.

Free Marqueis Gray!

Gameball for Gray!

Agreed. Give him a quarter at QB.

Hey Studwell, I agree. I'd love to end up 9-5 and we need Gray in order to do so.

How are you? Did you finish church school and become a priest?

If Kill does not do this, half the team will become A.J. Barkers.

Hey Studwell, I agree. I'd love to end up 9-5 and we need Gray in order to do so.

How are you? Did you finish church school and become a priest?

Hey Leeks! You get internet access as part of your plea deal? Sweet. I still think he definitely looked 18.

Does it count as a "touch" if the ball bounces off his hands on a catch attempt?

Does it count as a "touch" if the ball bounces off his hands on a catch attempt?

Well if he can't catch it, hand it off to him. We have a serious lack of explosiveness on the offensive side of the ball at this point in the year. He's our best hope for beating MSU.

Hey Leeks! You get internet access as part of your plea deal? Sweet. I still think he definitely looked 18.

No sh!t he looked 18, which is why I used my ninja training (expert level) to kick his ass and then bang his girlfriend and her cousin (who has hot, but had an infected nipple ring that was a pus factory) and then drank some Jack Daniels (black label) and rode out of town on my motorcycle (doing pop-a-wheelies) while Poison's Ride the Wind is playing in the background. I was a bad a$$ that night. Money.

So what are you doing? Going door-to-door with UNICEF boxes?

3-0 on senior days at the bank and Gray was vital in two of those.

I got your text. Sorry, but I can't attend the abortion rally this weekend.

Your mother finally admitted that she wished she would have had an abortion instead of you. :)

But your Mom's best friend intervened.

3-0 on senior days at the bank and Gray was vital in two of those.

sounds like a good formula. i too hope that gray is able to play a bigger role in this saturday's win over old MSU.

Here here. As I said in one of the dozens of Barker threads, what's left of this senior class has been through a lot of turmoil. They stuck it out and have been great representatives for the U on and off the field. Three things I'd love to see on Saturday in a Gophers win:
1. Stoudemire finally takes a kickoff back for a TD.
2. Brandon Green on the receiving end of a long TD pass (preferably from Gray).
3. Gray bowling over a handful of Sparty defenders on his way to the game-winning score.

Here here. As I said in one of the dozens of Barker threads, what's left of this senior class has been through a lot of turmoil. They stuck it out and have been great representatives for the U on and off the field. Three things I'd love to see on Saturday in a Gophers win:
1. Stoudemire finally takes a kickoff back for a TD.
2. Brandon Green on the receiving end of a long TD pass (preferably from Gray).
3. Gray bowling over a handful of Sparty defenders on his way to the game-winning score.

i like the way you think. these would all be phenomenal ways for some hard working seniors to go out. go gophers!

It is too bad Gray was (Freshman) misused, (Sophomore) misused, (junior) hurt, (senior) hurt....perhaps the best QB prospect in the history of the program....he got a total of less than a seasons worth of starts. Whoops.....and before you say he got so few starts because he was bad....he QB efficiency last year was better than Nelson's this year. His QB efficiency this year was better than Nelson's and Shortell's be quite a bit. His Junior year QB efficiency was almost identical to Weber's junior year...his senior year efficiency was much better than Weber's best year.

Hate that....some bad luck (Kill era), some bad choice (Brewster era)

It's Senior Day for the best football player on our team the last 3 seasons.

He should touch the ball a minimum of 15 times.

I'd like to see him rush 15 times and have the ball thrown to him at least 5 times.

Find a way to make the game go through him. Let him put the team on his shoulders. Then watch his teammates respond.

Free Marqueis Gray!

Gameball for Gray!

Did you miss the news? The best player on our team just left our team. And he was a junior, not a senior.

=P

Your mother finally admitted that she wished she would have had an abortion instead of you. :)

But your Mom's best friend intervened.

Yup, she was going for me with the clothes hanger and I pushed my twin in between me and the jagged edge of that hanger. I am an abortion survivor (credit to It's Always Sunny).

It is too bad Gray was (Freshman) misused, (Sophomore) misused, (junior) hurt, (senior) hurt....perhaps the best QB prospect in the history of the program....he got a total of less than a seasons worth of starts. Whoops.....and before you say he got so few starts because he was bad....he QB efficiency last year was better than Nelson's this year. His QB efficiency this year was better than Nelson's and Shortell's be quite a bit. His Junior year QB efficiency was almost identical to Weber's junior year...his senior year efficiency was much better than Weber's best year.

Agree. If he can handle it, I'd like to see him at QB, TB, receiver, anywhere he can get his hands on the ball.

It seems to me like a lot if people on here are like all or nothing. Why couldn't gray say play 2-4 series under center? With Nelson filling the vest if the time? Would seem to create a possible scheme problem. Just me?

Gray better appear to be interested in playing. Never was a QB and never will be one. Hard to compare completion %. Look at attempts and completions for TDs. CFL may be his best option. He gas been a stand up, classy individual through a tough career.

Would love to see him start at QB for senior day. Hand him the ball and say have fun, it's yours till we punt. Ala John Gagliardi.

Great post Studwell. WTF, we're going to a bowl game at either 6-6 or 7-5. Quite frankly I'd prefer
The 6-6 in Houston over the possible 7-5 in Jacksonville.
I'd start him at QB, or at least rotate him with Nellie. Maybe what Northwestern does.
It certainly confused MSU.

It was a smart move to play MQ at QB during mop up time. That has forced MSU to prep for MQ even if doesn't get any time at QB. I will be very surprised if Q doesn't get time at QB.

Michigan had a lot of success last week moving Denard to a lot of different positions. Who says that might not work for us against MSU for a few plays?

Well said. Gray has a funky throwing motion, but he's one of the best pure athletes that's ever walked through Bierman. Simply too bad he could never find the situation in which everything would come together for him.

Top Bottom