Four years from now, what will you consider to have been a good hire?

It will be a good hire if four years from now the replacement thread is locked way before 80 pages... WAAAAAAAAY before 80.

I want one team to hit their stride in March, not December.
I want a point guard who sees a press or a trap as a way to exploit a defense, not a reason to panic.
I want a coach who will give a ref an earful if he feels his squad is getting jobbed. A technical doesn't have to be a bad thing.

1. A .500 or better record in B1G
2. Four 20 win seasons
3. Four NCAA tourney bids with a win or two
4. Close the state to outside recruiting. Need to keep best players in state

1. .500 or above in B1G two out of four years
2. Sweet 16 appearance
3. Beat 4 top ten ranked teams

Things that put the cherry on top.
1. Better than Sweet 16
2. Top 3 in B1G conference
3. Be ranked in Top 10 to end a season

OP Question: "Four years from now, what will you consider to have been a good hire?"

Any guy who will keep me alive and kicking with excitement and energy, enough beer to keep me happy, and station19 continues to fight with Parski1.

I don't fight with Parski. I keep him of his toes.

Delusional, wow. You guys realize we are talking about the first four years right?? If the program was in the type of shape you guys are expecting over the next few years, Tubby would still be here.

The same group that wanted Tubby fired 2 years ago will turn on the next coach that fast too. Reestablish the Gophers as a top 4 B1G program? When have they ever been a top 4 program??

Delusional, wow. You guys realize we are talking about the first four years right?? If the program was in the type of shape you guys are expecting over the next few years, Tubby would still be here.

The same group that wanted Tubby fired 2 years ago will turn on the next coach that fast too. Reestablish the Gophers as a top 4 B1G program? When have they ever been a top 4 program??

Clearly they aren't far off from being top 4 now. This year's team had potential to be up there and got a tourney win. I don't think its too unrealistic.

.500 B1G record (and above .500 in February)
Top 6 in B1G at least 3 times
Top 4 in B1G once
3 NCAA bids (2 above an 8-seed)
2 tourney wins
Practice facility built

Top Bottom