Four-star WR Anthony Brown is the Gophers' first commitment in the class of 2023!!!

I'm not that surprised he committed early. In addition to PJ recruiting him early on in the process, even before then he probably heard a lot about MN and the program Fleck runs from his brother. I think he's a solid commit and he'll be signing during the early signing period in late 2022.

Plus, with some big programs potentially offering, and 2 more years of playing time, his ranking could bump up a lot.

No kidding! Sounds like a guy who is more focused on a larger name school for his coaching resume than he is for the recruit to make a decision on what the recruit wants.
this. he 100% wants his players to land at OSU so he can say they did

Anthony was at the game this past weekend in Boulder (maybe a family trip?) I walked past him in Balch Fieldhouse in the second half and did a double take.

I think he is a solid commit and I wouldn't worry about what his coach says. Plus, at OSU he would have a much steeper path to playing time with the way they recruit receivers.

This is not an example of a kid's first exposure to a school and committing too quickly. He has a brother in the program, so I'm sure he feels like he has a good read on the situation.

Obviously not dispositive, but it helps a lot that his brother is on the team.
The whole package deal thing is a big deal to families. I had family who had two kids, both capable, one way more than the other. They told the coach's if they took both they'd go. That's how it worked.

Anthony was at the game this past weekend in Boulder (maybe a family trip?) I walked past him in Balch Fieldhouse in the second half and did a double take.

I think he is a solid commit and I wouldn't worry about what his coach says. Plus, at OSU he would have a much steeper path to playing time with the way they recruit receivers.

This is not an example of a kid's first exposure to a school and committing too quickly. He has a brother in the program, so I'm sure he feels like he has a good read on the situation.
We saw him leaving after the game...with Mom and sister I presume. What a game to attend!

I think it says a lot that he and his family attended the Colorado game. I assume that was out of pocket.

Seeing what receivers can do under Fleck....it shouldn't surprise anyone in the least that this is a desirable place for wide outs.
Definitely. PJ is going to be able to sell to WRs that he can land them in the league consistently and you can tell the guys become vastly more polished with time here too

It’s not a fast decision when his brother has been on the team for like 3-4 years now. So committing to the “fast talking” Fleck doesn’t really fit here.

You know when you feel like you have to drop a huge deuce after eating an entire pot of hot chili after a big win on saturday afternoon, but to your surprise what you thought was going to be was a bunch of hot lava coming out of you instead turned out to be a loud echoing fart in an empty toilet bowl? Well that coaches opinion is both that loud disappointing fart AND the hot lava that eventually follows after a few more Busch Lights.

I think it says a lot that he and his family attended the Colorado game. I assume that was out of pocket.
It is a good sign. How PJ handled the George Floyd aftermath and the Covid pandemic must resonate with the Brown-Stephens family.

They should ask Uncle John Legend to write a Gopher Football Row the Boat song. That will be super cool.

You know when you feel like you have to drop a huge deuce after eating an entire pot of hot chili after a big win on saturday afternoon, but to your surprise what you thought was going to be was a bunch of hot lava coming out of you instead turned out to be a loud echoing fart in an empty toilet bowl? Well that coaches opinion is both that loud disappointing fart AND the hot lava that eventually follows after a few more Busch Lights.
That makes me think we are somehow related. That was speaking my native language. I know those feelings and then I'm the guy laughing out loud like a 10 year old when I echo in the public shitter.

Too funny.

per Greder:

Brown-Stephens has been working to pass on mentorship to his younger brother, Anthony Brown, a four-star receiver at Springfield (Ohio), who committed to Minnesota’s 2023 class in September.

Mike said he pushed their mother for him to play football in the third grade, and that paved way for Anthony to play in preschool. “I’m like, ‘seriously?’ ” Mike said.

As they got older, Mike challenged Anthony on who would score more touchdowns each year. Mike, a three-star recruit in the 2019 class, now acknowledges his little bro has been scoring more often. He calls Anthony an ‘explosive player” who has “a dog mentality, always hungry.”

They each possess some top-end speed. “Honestly, I think he will be better than me,” Mike said. “As a bigger brother, you are supposed to want that for your little brother, otherwise you aren’t doing your job.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom