Former Husker apologizes to Pelini, Osborne for behavior at NU

Was I the only one hoping it was going to be a story about Lydon Murtha and his addiction to Lincoln strip clubs?

Carl Nix is a man. He didn't need to go back, but he did. Didn't need to apologize, but he did. And as Dr. Tom told him, get back and finish your degree. Anyone want to bet he doesn't?

Pretty classy move.

In a related matter, Pelini's in a good situation with Osborne watching his back (much the same as when Devaney was watching Osborne's back). Bo gets way too riled up, but there's no question that beyond the rough edges, the guy knows how to coach. Osborne realizes that and provides him a comfort cushion.

The only reason I bring this up--and don't get me wrong, I think Maturi has done a good job given the entirety of the athletic program--is that the situation in Minnesota is different. I've got nothing against Brewster and laud his energy, but it would have been difficult to bring in a guy like Pelini, who is rough around the edges, without an AD who could provide him with the "virtual padded cell" to work out things both internally and externally.

Of course, it's ALL about the Huskers in Nebraska and we don't have the same situation here.

Anyway, back to the original intent of this thread. Nice move by Nicks. Great to see a positive story about an athlete.

Speaking of Huskers, how about Ndamukong Suh pledging $2.6 million to the University the weekend before draft day?

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204930543

I think this goes without saying that this is beyond generous - and really shows what kind of character he has, and how grateful he is for every opportunity given to him. Talk about not forgetting where you come from.

With that being said, I really wish more college athletes were as grateful for their opportunities as Suh is.

I would've laid 1,000,000:1 odds that GG would've hit this thread within the first 5 posts. Alas, the longshot comes through.

Top Bottom