Former Gopher Troy Stoudermire says reason why Gophers have no luck is because he hasn’t received a Gopher sweater from the program.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Well, if all our fortunes will change if we get Troy a sweater, well let’s get him a dang sweater!

Go Gophers!!

This is sad though! Especially if TS Jr. had been reaching out and no one’s gotten back to him? I get that current program is not in the business of giving out free things to ALL previous program football alums but c’mon! It’s not like our current football program is receiving 100s of free merch requests monthly?

Not sure what type of programs our current football program has in place to reconnect with our football alums? I meant besides the obvious stuff like Homecoming, open practices to alums, game day side line passes…do they have an annual Alumni Day? An annual Alumni Banquet? Big Gopher-Lil Gopher program (a football alum mentoring current players), Something special that connects our current program to our past players.

If I recall correctly, TS Jr was a great player for us!

I guess PJ’s focus is to win first and we all know he’s having a tough time orchestrating that so can’t expect him to focus much on previous players that weren’t his.

This is sad though! Especially if TS Jr. had been reaching out and no one’s gotten back to him? I get that current program is not in the business of giving out free things to ALL previous program football alums but c’mon! It’s not like our current football program is receiving 100s of free merch requests monthly?

Not sure what type of programs our current football program has in place to reconnect with our football alums? I meant besides the obvious stuff like Homecoming, open practices to alums, game day side line passes…do they have an annual Alumni Day? An annual Alumni Banquet? Big Gopher-Lil Gopher program (a football alum mentoring current players), Something special that connects our current program to our past players.

If I recall correctly, TS Jr was a great player for us!

I guess PJ’s focus is to win first and we all know he’s having a tough time orchestrating that so can’t expect him to focus much on previous players that weren’t his.
If PJ can win out, I'd be happy to send TS a sweater paid for out of my own pocket.

Dude can’t buy one himself?

I gotta say the “it looks bad for your program when I tweet this stuff” doesn’t strike me as a guy who cares about the program… kinda the opposite…

There are so many alumni, plenty are at the games and honored all the time.

Some folks complain that other people don’t give them what they feel they deserve… and in doing so indicate maybe why the relationship is what it is…

I hope he finds what he needs, it’s probably not a sweatshirt…

I do grow tired of athletes, especially football players, that talk about "laying their body on the line", "going to battle", "giving blood, sweat, and tears..", yada, yada, yada. Don't think you're saving the world from anything, or bringing us world peace. You're not. You're a grown many playing a child's game.

I have a nephew that did a couple of tours in the Middle East, now he is someone that put his life on the line....along with his childhood friend that literally gave an arm and a leg.

I do grow tired of athletes, especially football players, that talk about "laying their body on the line", "going to battle", "giving blood, sweat, and tears..", yada, yada, yada. Don't think you're saving the world from anything, or bringing us world peace. You're not. You're a grown many playing a child's game.

I have a nephew that did a couple of tours in the Middle East, now he is someone that put his life on the line....along with his childhood friend that literally gave an arm and a leg.
Yep and they got a free education worth about $100,000-$200,000 (depending if in-state or not) and no one was forcing them to play football.

That said, if I was in the Gopher athletic office I'd send him some gear. I'm sure they have plenty of stuff laying around.

Still holds the NCAA record for most kick return yards ever.

Can’t we send him several?
To be fair records like this exist because of the dire state of our program in 2008/2009. His best statistical game ever was our 55-0 loss to Iowa in 2008 when he had 283 return yards on 9 total returns. Probably won't ever be broken with all of the touchbacks.

Extremely petty. Thanks for what you did but I don't think the program cares about you not having a sweatshirt right now.

This was nothing but a "everyone look at me" attempt.

Last edited:

This is so pathetic on TS’s part, the only reason he was the NCAA return leader is that the Gophers gave up 7 touchdowns a game and we got kicked off to more than any other school. I mean really, how is this even being discussed? He should set up a GO FUND ME page so we can all chip in to get this big time Dallas athlete a fucking sweater.

Well shit, I guess we can kiss all the Dallas football recruits goodbye now because someone didn't send Troy a box of sweaters. He wants the gear so bad because it's his school he cares so much about but at the same time is willing to tear it down because he isn't given free t-shirts.

Remember when Brew was setting up our Skyline High pipeline?

To be fair records like this exist because of the dire state of our program in 2008/2009. His best statistical game ever was our 55-0 loss to Iowa in 2008 when he had 283 return yards on 9 total returns. Probably won't ever be broken with all of the touchbacks.

My comment was partially tongue 👅 and cheek.

He was fun to watch with the sweater in his hand.

Top Bottom