Former Gopher captain Jim Carter on Gophers opting out of bowl: “I’m opting out of consideration to play in the Masters next spring.”

Jim Carter continuing to post ridiculous comments along with making a fool of himself. Please Carter, don't tell anyone you use to be with the Gophers when talking to a reporter.

Ain't going to happen. He was an asshole when he played for the Gophers, and he's still an asshole.
Also an asshole at South St. Paul. So I guess asshole from birth.

My favorite Jim Carter play with the GBP was his amazing punt block versus the Vikings. He was the punt team upback and blocked his own punters kick with that glorious glut. Hilarious.

Also an asshole at South St. Paul. So I guess asshole from birth.

My favorite Jim Carter play with the GBP was his amazing punt block versus the Vikings. He was the punt team upback and blocked his own punters kick with that glorious glut. Hilarious.

Even when I was a kid I wanted to punch his football card...
61TZZBY7tdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

An excerpt from this article about 5 Packer players that should be in the Packer HOF. Carter is #5.
bleacherreport.com/articles/2010615-5-players-who-belong-in-the-green-bay-packers-hall-of-fame

"...Unfortunately for Carter, he was the heir apparent to Hall of Famer Ray Nitschke, one of the most popular players in the history of the Packers. When protege beat out Nitschke for the job, the fans turned on him, and Carter didn't handle the situation as well as he could have. He came across as brash in some interviews with the media and not as respectful of Nitschke's legacy as he needed to be. As a result, Carter started off on the wrong foot with many Green Bay fans...."

Even when I was a kid I wanted to punch his football card...
View attachment 11006

An excerpt from this article about 5 Packer players that should be in the Packer HOF. Carter is #5.
bleacherreport.com/articles/2010615-5-players-who-belong-in-the-green-bay-packers-hall-of-fame

"...Unfortunately for Carter, he was the heir apparent to Hall of Famer Ray Nitschke, one of the most popular players in the history of the Packers. When protege beat out Nitschke for the job, the fans turned on him, and Carter didn't handle the situation as well as he could have. He came across as brash in some interviews with the media and not as respectful of Nitschke's legacy as he needed to be. As a result, Carter started off on the wrong foot with many Green Bay fans...."

He seems like on of those guys who is a part of a 'team' or is associated with a thing ... but really only for the purpose of advancing whatever it is his goals are.

The moment he doesn't get what he wants he discards all that. Those can be some horrible folks to be around.

He seems like on of those guys who is a part of a 'team' or is associated with a thing ... but really only for the purpose of advancing whatever it is his goals are.

The moment he doesn't get what he wants he discards all that. Those can be some horrible folks to be around.
Not truly related to this thread on Carter, but the Booger commented on this very thing today.

Top Bottom