For those who are curious about the IMG Academy facilities...

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
IMGPhoto7.jpg

IMGPhoto15.jpg

IMGPhoto9.jpg

IMGPhoto4.jpg

IMGPhoto14.jpg

IMG16.jpg

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/img-b1g-powerhouse-2017/

What if they spend that kind of money on science and technology education instead?

That would be something.

They do have elite academic schools like that but you don't hear about it that often. Plus anyone could certainly pony up the funds to do so. IMG is a private "school", you could do the same academically. It is nuts what goes on for athletes though.

They do have elite academic schools like that but you don't hear about it that often. Plus anyone could certainly pony up the funds to do so. IMG is a private "school", you could do the same academically. It is nuts what goes on for athletes though.

Yeah, it seems everyone wants to give money to big sports.

But there is at least ONE option that can help the U produce ILLIONS of dollars.

What if they spend that kind of money on science and technology education instead?

That would be something.

Science and technology education doesn't help a sports agency start to build a relationship with elite athletes as high schoolers.

I can't imagine shipping my kid to a place where his life's focus is so narrow in the minuscule hope he hits the jackpot. If he doesn't make it as a pro athlete then what does he have to fall back on from his formative years?

I can't imagine shipping my kid to a place where his life's focus is so narrow in the minuscule hope he hits the jackpot. If he doesn't make it as a pro athlete then what does he have to fall back on from his formative years?

What if he already was exceptional?

I don't think it's that much different than what has been going on in other sports for years (hockey, soccer, tennis, swimming, wrestling, etc.).

Let me see, ummmm your parents have a lot of money. You must be an elite athlete. We can mold you into a high three star to five star players.

What if he already was exceptional?

I don't think it's that much different than what has been going on in other sports for years (hockey, soccer, tennis, swimming, wrestling, etc.).

Still no guarantees that the exceptional athlete won't suffer a career-ending injury or simply not be the same exceptional athlete at 22 that he/she was at 16. Then what are those kids left with? Lots of training to get them to a place they'll never get to, with nothing to fall back on for the rest of their lives.

$75K does seem pretty outrageous. However, there are a few considerations.

- if $75K for 1-2 years (not sure how many kids attend all 4 years) is the difference between getting an FBS full scholarship and not, they may consider it worth the cost.
- if it also means a significant upgrade in offers, and acceleration in player development, this could *theoretically* lead to a slight increase in NFL potential, which would definitely recoup the costs.
- the costs to fly all over the country to play other top teams must be huge
- they probably get a much more advanced training table, nutrition support etc. than your typical private school dorm food.
- cost may also include physical therapy, medical care etc.
- I wonder how many families pay the full $75K cost?

He can always fall back in his old man = YOU!

Yeah, that could lead to a “F*ck You, Dad” kind of relationship later in life. If the kid really wants it though…

This is really not that different than your kid playing the same sport year-round, enrolled in a $$$$ club team and/or personal coaching/training during the high school off-season.

Obviously it's different in that you're shipping them off to a boarding school, where they literally live, eat, and breath their sport year-round. But the above description is essentially the same thing, just here at home.

Anyway, it is obviously the parents' and kid's choice.

If you are say, a pretty good baseball player, but you may or may not get a DI scholarship staying in Minnesota, while you more likely will by enrolling at IMG ... that's the decision you have to make.

https://www.imgacademy.com/tuition

By comparison - Shattuck is about $40K (including boarding)
Bishop Gorman in Vegas - $12,700 (no boarding and impressive facilities as well)
Shattuck's 400 or so students get three hockey rinks, three soccer fields (one indoor), a golf course, plus an assortment of tennis courts and such to share. Plus they have a neat "Hogwarts" style campus. If you ever get a chance to see one of their hockey games, check 'em out.

Shattuck's 400 or so students get three hockey rinks, three soccer fields (one indoor), a golf course, plus an assortment of tennis courts and such to share. Plus they have a neat "Hogwarts" style campus. If you ever get a chance to see one of their hockey games, check 'em out.
Shattuck-St. Mary’s is also a top-notch academic institution with a history dating back to the mid-1800s. A New England style prep school located in Minnesota. It’s alumni include Marlon Brando!

Landscaping? Shipping and Receiving?

Top Bottom