for those of you who like to say that it is all on brewster and not weber...

huh? some of you really are complete fools when it comes to detaching weber and brewster. since when is brewster the QB coach? since when should a QB coach not expect his 3rd year QB to be able to make routine passes as a 3RD YEAR STARTER?! why is that so hard for some of you brewster haters to figure out?!

this board can be such a joke sometimes. :rolleyes:

Didn't Brewster hire him, after being told to not fire our old OC. We are over matched on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe that isn't all Brew's fault due to money, but we have some young guys who don't have a clue coaching our offense.

The real question in this thread is -- would Gray have completed those passes had he been in at QB in each of those scenarios? Fumble or not, if he scores on ONE of those 'should-be-TD' plays, we win.

And maybe he has 3 more fumbles or two picks for TD's, that's the beauty of football. We'll never know until next year.

The real question in this thread is -- would Gray have completed those passes had he been in at QB in each of those scenarios? Fumble or not, if he scores on ONE of those 'should-be-TD' plays, we win.

Pretty much. And if he's out there, does he make the right read to make those throws in the first place? It's more than just raw ability. Otherwise, he'd be starting already. I wouldn't just assume Gray would come in and make the plays Weber hasn't. The backup is always the most popular player on the team. Shoot, for all we know, Alipate could come in next year and steal the starting spot from both.

Weber was his usual enigmatic self. I've never seen a QB short arm so many easy throws in my life. Superstar one play, Pop Warner next. You have to be CONSISTENT to play quarterback. Period. End of story. Game over.

Change one thing

Change everything. I wonder what the touches to turnover ratio is??? It has to be as clear that MG doesn't get the ball from center as frequently as some would want because he puts the ball on the ground too frequently.

Personally, I think the QB competition starts with the New Year. I have to believe that there is something better in each of the QBs in question. And if not I hope there is something better on the bench.

Spread pure is the problem

Old OC would not adjust. HC over ruled AD to correct the error. The Old Dude would not adjust. I bet the young guy does. If the Old C had been more flexible, he'd still be hear. Following the bad instruction to keep an employee that is insubordinant - that should get a guy fired.

Didn't Brewster hire him, after being told to not fire our old OC. We are over matched on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe that isn't all Brew's fault due to money, but we have some young guys who don't have a clue coaching our offense.

Maybe if he had a QB coach that played beyond pewee football, he'd get some help.
Please. A peewee football PLAYER could come closer to a receiver in the flat. Weber couldn't throw accurately with consistency coming off his redshirt season and he still can't. Certain passes, yes. He can rocket the thing downfield to a post or slant receiver all day (well, that might be exaggeration) but just dare him to throw a ten yarder into the flat. My opinion? The guy's a head case and I don't care how he got that way anymore. At this point he doesn't belong behind a D1 center.

Please. A peewee football PLAYER could come closer to a receiver in the flat. Weber couldn't throw accurately with consistency coming off his redshirt season and he still can't. Certain passes, yes. He can rocket the thing downfield to a post or slant receiver all day (well, that might be exaggeration) but just dare him to throw a ten yarder into the flat. My opinion? The guy's a head case and I don't care how he got that way anymore. At this point he doesn't belong behind a D1 center.

ding, ding, ding.

Let's cool it a bit

Yep, lots of people are upset, unhappy, irritated, etc. And folks are entitled to their own opinion(s) as to who is to blame or should be held responsible, etc.

Disagreeing with one another is perfectly fine. But when the disagreement becomes personal and the responses trade insult after insult, it's time to sit back, cool off and post a few minutes later.

We've already had one exchange that went way too far and action has been taken. None of us want to take further action but folks need to calm down a bit and think about what they want to post before pressing "send." If it's arguing an opinion or asserting a fact -- fine If it's simply another insult, what's the point? It simply degrades the board and makes fans here look both immature and classless.

55-14

UPDATED TO ADD #6 and for this guy who calls himself "angrygopher":

let me ask you this. when was the last time weber put a ball into the hands of a receiver in stride when the throw was more than 15 yards downfield?

just tonight:

1.) under throws mcknight in the first quarter on what should have been a TD

2.) under throws gray on a wheel-route which could have turned into a TD or a very long yards after catch play

3.) over throws stoudermire on what would have been a TD or the ball on isu's one yard line.

4.) over throws carpenter on another wheel-route that could have been a big play and possibly a TD

5.) over throws mcknight again in the endzone on what would have been a sure TD.

6.) under throws kuznia on what would have been a TD or a first down at the one yard line.

all of these were very well designed plays by the coaching staff and they put weber in a situation to be successful if he can just execute.

i will concede that the coaching staff needs to then consider pulling weber if he can't do the job, but to just purposely deny all of these things about weber just because you don't like brewster personally is extremely disingenuous and easy to see through.

THIS JUST IN: WE SHOULD HAVE WON 55 - 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Weber was his usual enigmatic self. I've never seen a QB short arm so many easy throws in my life. Superstar one play, Pop Warner next. You have to be CONSISTENT to play quarterback. Period. End of story. Game over.

Yes! This I buy into. No personal axes to grind, no emotional nonsense, just is he or is he not capable of QB-type consistency. The answer to me has always been no, although his RS freshman and sophomore seasons I held out hope. No longer. Weber is now officially dispensable and I would be surprised if the coaches don't feel the same way.

UPDATED TO ADD #6 and for this guy who calls himself "angrygopher":

let me ask you this. when was the last time weber put a ball into the hands of a receiver in stride when the throw was more than 15 yards downfield?

just tonight:

1.) under throws mcknight in the first quarter on what should have been a TD

2.) under throws gray on a wheel-route which could have turned into a TD or a very long yards after catch play

3.) over throws stoudermire on what would have been a TD or the ball on isu's one yard line.

4.) over throws carpenter on another wheel-route that could have been a big play and possibly a TD

5.) over throws mcknight again in the endzone on what would have been a sure TD.

6.) under throws kuznia on what would have been a TD or a first down at the one yard line.

all of these were very well designed plays by the coaching staff and they put weber in a situation to be successful if he can just execute.

i will concede that the coaching staff needs to then consider pulling weber if he can't do the job, but to just purposely deny all of these things about weber just because you don't like brewster personally is extremely disingenuous and easy to see through.

Apparently every play that either isn't a long gain or a TD is the fault of the QB...thank you for this keen insight into the game of football...you've just made every person who read this post dumber for it...not that Weber played well, but isn't it possible that some other factor may have prevented a TD?

I won't pin the entire loss on Weber but I will pin it on the players, not necessarily the coaches.

Did Brewster miss a chip-shot FG?
Did Brewster cause Stoudermire to fall?
Did Brewster cause Theret to fall?
Did Brewster cause Gray to fumble?
Did Brewster cause Weber to underthrow McKnight?
Did Brewster cause Weber to underthrow Kuznia?

BOTTOM LINE TO END ALL WEBER ARGUEMENTS:

Weber made the appearance of being servicable with the aid of the all star possible 1st/ hi 2nd round WR in Eric Decker. In both seasons where decker has been injured, weber took a dive after he was out. Think daunte culpepper without randy moss.

prove me wrong. end of story.

we need a new qb next year. decker is gone

Think daunte culpepper without randy moss.
In 2004 Moss blew out his hammy in the 6th game and was essentially a decoy for the rest of the season, which is why Burleson was the main target that year. So Culpepper's numbers were pretty terrible right?
Code:
YEAR	TEAM 	G 	CMP 	ATT 	PCT 	YDS 	AVG 	TD 	LNG 	INT 	RAT
2004	MIN	16 	379 	548 	69.2 	4717 	8.6 	39 	82 	11 	110.9
I think what you meant was think Culpepper after his horrific knee injury.

What exactly is the point of this thread. The old "the coaches can't make the plays" defense can be trotted out to defend every coach in every sport, and usually is for every coach in this town by Sid Hartman. Let's add "Coach X didn't suddenly forget how to coach did he?" That defense usually works too. Brew can't even use that one though, since there's no real proof he ever knew how.

BOTTOM LINE TO END ALL WEBER ARGUEMENTS:

Weber made the appearance of being servicable with the aid of the all star possible 1st/ hi 2nd round WR in Eric Decker. In both seasons where decker has been injured, weber took a dive after he was out. Think daunte culpepper without randy moss.

prove me wrong. end of story.

we need a new qb next year. decker is gone

Certainly there is no debating Weber's numbers dropping off the last two years when Decker went out, but you really believe that Fisch switching his throwing motion (something Weber deep-down was against), being in his 3rd off. in 4 years, poor blocking, and a lack of a running game had nothing to do with his failures?

Top Bottom