for those of you who like to say that it is all on brewster and not weber...

Reaction score
UPDATED TO ADD #6 and for this guy who calls himself "angrygopher":

let me ask you this. when was the last time weber put a ball into the hands of a receiver in stride when the throw was more than 15 yards downfield?

just tonight:

1.) under throws mcknight in the first quarter on what should have been a TD

2.) under throws gray on a wheel-route which could have turned into a TD or a very long yards after catch play

3.) over throws stoudermire on what would have been a TD or the ball on isu's one yard line.

4.) over throws carpenter on another wheel-route that could have been a big play and possibly a TD

5.) over throws mcknight again in the endzone on what would have been a sure TD.

6.) under throws kuznia on what would have been a TD or a first down at the one yard line.

all of these were very well designed plays by the coaching staff and they put weber in a situation to be successful if he can just execute.

i will concede that the coaching staff needs to then consider pulling weber if he can't do the job, but to just purposely deny all of these things about weber just because you don't like brewster personally is extremely disingenuous and easy to see through.

Weber hasn't led us to a touchdown now in our 11th straight quarter. Brewster refuses to put his replacement in. Granted the POOR is on Weber. The STUPID in on Brewster.

Fantastic post. We've had some very well designed plays and lack of execution at the QB position is once again the biggest factor in our lack of production. With that being said, Brewster is culpable at some point because he continues to put the same guy out there snap after snap.

Let me ask you this. Who's the coach playing Weber?
Oh wait, that coach needs 11 more years in order to really be judged accurately right?

Brewster apologists = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Wow. You named 5 different passes that weren't completed. So what? Where's our running game? Was Brian Cupito a star? AAK tearing up defenses? Who was ever a star QB for the U of M? None. But we won Iowa State has a QB that is will probably be drafted, right? No.

This isn't the NFL. You can't just blame the QB all game. I don't know if you have something personal against him.

Was that pass good enough for you Bronco Nagurski? Why don't you add that to your list?

Wow. You named 5 different passes that weren't completed. So what? Where's our running game? Was Brian Cupito a star? AAK tearing up defenses? Who was ever a star QB for the U of M? None. But we won Iowa State has a QB that is will probably be drafted, right? No.

This isn't the NFL. You can't just blame the QB all game. I don't know if you have something personal against him.

i named 5 different passing plays, 3 of which would have put 21 pts on the board. you are the truly clueless on here, bud.

Was that pass good enough for you Bronco Nagurski? Why don't you add that to your list?

again, it was a well designed play by the coaching staff. only difference this time.....weber FINALLY made the throw. he has left at least 21 other points off the board so far tonight. but, keep on making yourself look like an idiot. please continue......PLEASE! :rolleyes:

Right.

Yes. Every play on the Gopher offense would be TD but it was Weber's fault. By your calculation, if it wasn't for Weber, it would be 84-14. Maybe we should put the Packers on our schedule.

Yes. Every play on the Gopher offense would be TD but it was Weber's fault. By your calculation, if it wasn't for Weber, it would be 84-14. Maybe we should put the Packers on our schedule.

are you just trying to be dense? are you a joke? did i mention every play? no. but, the ones i did mention were ALL legitimate plays that would have resulted in actual points. keep on looking like the fool here. it is great fun. :rolleyes:

Obviously you aren't watching closely or do not have a good understanding of football. He's right, you're wrong.

I agree.

Weber should be 30-30 right now for 930 yards. A 22 year old should complete all of his passes.

I know: KEEP POSTING.... BLAH BLAH BLAH

How does he make that throw to Tow-Arnet and then throw it into the ground four yards from a receiver who's only 3 yards down field?

If we could run the ball there would be no need for this goofy post. Some good pass plays and a couple poor throws thats fb. Stoudemier doesn't fall td mn . Run the ball on 2nd and 3 from the 4 maybe we're up 17-14. Just wasted a to with Gray at qb, Weber's fault?

Bronko...as far as I am concerned you take your rar! rah! Brewster crap and shove it where the sun doesn't shine

UPDATED TO ADD #6 and for this guy who calls himself "angrygopher":

let me ask you this. when was the last time weber put a ball into the hands of a receiver in stride when the throw was more than 15 yards downfield?

just tonight:

1.) under throws mcknight in the first quarter on what should have been a TD

2.) under throws gray on a wheel-route which could have turned into a TD or a very long yards after catch play

Nice throw, wasn't that open.

3.) over throws stoudermire on what would have been a TD or the ball on isu's one yard line.

Stoudermire fell, watch it.

4.) over throws carpenter on another wheel-route that could have been a big play and possibly a TD

Poor call, watch again, wasn't that open, making the wrong throw would have been better.

5.) over throws mcknight again in the endzone on what would have been a sure TD.

6.) under throws kuznia on what would have been a TD or a first down at the one yard line.

It was 2nd and 3, we were finally running the ball down their throats, why pass?

all of these were very well designed plays by the coaching staff and they put weber in a situation to be successful if he can just execute.

Ever play or coach football, they are basic plays in every playbook 1,3, and 5 same play. 2 and 4 same play. Get a clue, I'm still undecided on Brew, I do think extending his contract is a waste of money. I will give him next year. I don't know about you but, my name is on the stadium (I hope yours is) I donate a grand for my seats, another year like this is not acceptable next year!

Gotta agree with all those except #3..I think stoudy would have caught it if he didn't slip..

Gotta agree with all those except #3..I think stoudy would have caught it if he didn't slip..

really? when they showed the replay from behind the gophers the pass appeared to be over thrown and well behind stoudermire.....even if he didn't slip. and even if he doesn't slip it looked like he would have to have 8 foot long arms to even have a chance at a circus catch. guess we just didn't see the replay the same way. to each his own.

Weber should be 30-30 right now for 930 yards. A 22 year old should complete all of his passes.

I know: KEEP POSTING.... BLAH BLAH BLAH

All his passes? Is it too much to ask that a third year starting quarterback in the big ten completes a good portion of his passes? Not in the least.

I like Weber, unfortunetly the dude cannot complete many of these easy passes that a quaterback should. This game should have been an easy win, but we showed up with our medicore offense headed by a guy who couldn't complete a 10 yard pass.

All his passes? Is it too much to ask that a third year starting quarterback in the big ten completes a good portion of his passes? Not in the least.

I like Weber, unfortunetly the dude cannot complete many of these easy passes that a quaterback should. This game should have been an easy win, but we showed up with our medicore offense headed by a guy who couldn't complete a 10 yard pass.

Maybe if he had a QB coach that played beyond pewee football, he'd get some help.

Maybe if he had a QB coach that played beyond pewee football, he'd get some help.

huh? some of you really are complete fools when it comes to detaching weber and brewster. since when is brewster the QB coach? since when should a QB coach not expect his 3rd year QB to be able to make routine passes as a 3RD YEAR STARTER?! why is that so hard for some of you brewster haters to figure out?!

this board can be such a joke sometimes. :rolleyes:

>this board can be such a joke sometimes.

And you are king of the one-liners.
Hey, how come all you brewster/gopher bobos aren't in Tempe? You call yourself real fans, ha!

>this board can be such a joke sometimes.

And you are king of the one-liners.
Hey, how come all you brewster/gopher bobos aren't in Tempe? You call yourself real fans, ha!

who says that i am not in tempe with my gophers crew. ever heard of smart phones, bobo?! ever heard of tv's with instant replay in the stadium, bobo? :rolleyes:

The real question in this thread is -- would Gray have completed those passes had he been in at QB in each of those scenarios? Fumble or not, if he scores on ONE of those 'should-be-TD' plays, we win.

Top Bottom