For all you brewster haters

The Bison had a QB, SDSU not so much. Steve Walker was a finalist for I-AA offensive player of year in 2006. SDSU does have a nice defense though, Batten their DE will probably be drafted

That game also wasn't half as ugly as whatever I was watching today. For a while it seemed like neither team wanted to win the game.

That's what I'm saying...the 2006 game against NDSU was much different. NDSU came to play and moved the ball nearly at will at times...the Gophers gameplan was poorly executed and I'm sure Mason overlooked NDSU and it almost cost him his job. The SDSU team I seen today was sloppy and didn't impress me at all & yet we played just as sloppy if not sloppier.......

You can't let Brewster's contract run out. How does he recruit under that scenario? You have to determine at the end of this season if he's the guy you want to move into the future with. If he's not (he's not) you have to fire him now and turn the page.

Are You Drunk? Brewster's recruits are the only reason we held onto this game (Carter, Wilhite, Cooper) masons recruits tried to lose (Weber). saying his recruits are not panning out is funny.

Most of this team is all Mason's recruits. Cooper and Wilhite do not start, nor does Carter unless he is forced into the role. I would say most of his recruits haven't really helped this team yet.

really? the receivers are all his recruits, the Kick returner and Punt Returner are his recruits, Kirksey and Mckinley who have played roles in winning games are his recruits. Of course a lot of starters are masons but only because Brewsters recruits are sophomores and freshmen. Brewsters recruits are the only reason we have won games

really? the receivers are all his recruits, the Kick returner and Punt Returner are his recruits, Kirksey and Mckinley who have played roles in winning games are his recruits. Of course a lot of starters are masons but only because Brewsters recruits are sophomores and freshmen. Brewsters recruits are the only reason we have won games

Brewster's receivers do nothing for this team. His defensive backs have COST us how many games now because they can't cover or tackle? The best players on our defense are mason's players. Small, Brown, Triplett and Campbell (sp). Tow-Arnett, our best offensive player is Mason's recruit. Pretty simple. I'll give you stoudamire but generally you want your best difference makers playing every down. Stoudamire is not an effective receiver yet; he is the king of dropped balls.

Brewster's receivers do nothing for this team. His defensive backs have COST us how many games now because they can't cover or tackle? The best players on our defense are mason's players. Small, Brown, Triplett and Campbell (sp). Tow-Arnett, our best offensive player is Mason's recruit. Pretty simple. I'll give you stoudamire but generally you want your best difference makers playing every down. Stoudamire is not an effective receiver yet; he is the king of dropped balls.

I appreciate your post, but Brewster's recruits are mainly sophomores, redshirt freshmen, and true freshmen. Why wouldn't seniors be expected to contribute more than those players? Give it a couple years and then let's compare the Brewster seniors/juniors (Maresh, Tinsley, Wilhite, Carter, Cooper, Edwards, Stoudemire, Gray, McKnight, Whaley, Hageman...many more) to the above named players. BTW, I'd actually add that many of our best defensive players are already Brewster recruits: Lawrence, McKinley, Cooper...even Small signed after Brewster was hired, I believe.

I appreciate your post, but Brewster's recruits are mainly sophomores, redshirt freshmen, and true freshmen. Why wouldn't seniors be expected to contribute more than those players? Give it a couple years and then let's compare the Brewster seniors/juniors (Maresh, Tinsley, Wilhite, Carter, Cooper, Edwards, Stoudemire, Gray, McKnight, Whaley, Hageman...many more) to the above named players. BTW, I'd actually add that many of our best defensive players are already Brewster recruits: Lawrence, McKinley, Cooper...even Small signed after Brewster was hired, I believe.

You could have the 85' bears talent, but if you cant prepare them and put them in the right spots to succeed, it does not matter. Brew and Fisch cannot do that.

Mason was 10-3 his 3rd year. Brewster should at least be 7-5.

Where are all these "prize" recruits? 9 seniors on D, most are Mason's players. The WRs can't catch. The O-line is attrocious. He won't play Gray for some reason. With all this talent he claims to have brought in the past 2 years, why aren't they playing? The coaches job is to play the best guys and win games. If the young guys don't play, why would they continue to come? Why should a player like Gray stay?

His firing may be inevitable. It may just be a question of this year or next year. There just seems to be a growing lack of faith in the Gophers and in Brewster. The team seems to be in disarray. I think the spread was too radical a change in the offense. A second radical change to a pro-style offense this year didn't help. If we have to make radical changes next year, a new coach may be part of the change.

Hey, we brought in Davis and we're going to pound the rock. What's that? You need a running back to pound with? Oh.

Maturi will extend Brew first, then fire his ass. Way to go, Joel.

The experts

before this season started many of the experts predicted Minnesota would have a better team but a worst record than last year...
many experts had Minnesota only winning 5 games
many experts predicted Minnesota would not be bowl eligible
many experts have stated that moving from the spread to a pro style offense would be painful but necessary ..

Last night the experts said they were wrong and surprised Minnesota was bowl eligible... especially since

Michigan is not
Illinois is not
Indiana is not
Purdue is not
wonder what the board would have looked like if Minnesota had lost this game?

before this season started many of the experts predicted Minnesota would have a better team but a worst record than last year...
many experts had Minnesota only winning 5 games
many experts predicted Minnesota would not be bowl eligible
many experts have stated that moving from the spread to a pro style offense would be painful but necessary ..

Last night the experts said they were wrong and surprised Minnesota was bowl eligible... especially since

Michigan is not
Illinois is not
Indiana is not
Purdue is not
wonder what the board would have looked like if Minnesota had lost this game?

I'm sorry, but the little Caesars pizza bowl doesn't count. I can't believe people keep saying, well at least we are "bowl eligible" now. Are you kidding me? The pizza bowl? Might as well be the toilet bowl because it will generate zero interest from our fan base.

And Minnesota actually has a worse team this year than we had last year....

We should have won 4 games this year. Michigan State got royally screwed when they called a blocking the kicker and Syracuse totally choked at the end of the game. If you look at our year, we were horrendous through and through. Oh have you checked the statistics lately?

Worst Defense in the Big ten.
Worst Offense in the Big ten.

Yea, we made some BIG improvements this year.

Mason was 8-4 his 3rd year, you're thinking of his 7th.......

Mason also lost those 4 games by a combined 15 points...the '99 team (which was Wacker's seniors) was probably his best overall outfit.

With 3 years of Brew's recruiting and we didn't blow anybody out this year. Most of the wins were gifts. And still we have Brew talking crap

You're right, he was 8-4... but that's still better than Brewster has done. And I'm not a Mason supporter.

Brewster's the head coach, so he takes the lion's share of the blame. When you have 3 1st and goal situations and you come away with 9 points, that's on your line, QB and offensive coordinator.

With 3 years of Brew's recruiting and we didn't blow anybody out this year. Most of the wins were gifts. And still we have Brew talking crap

Brewster's only had 2 recruiting classes thus far. He wasn't hired until 3 weeks before signing day in 2007.

Brewster's only had 2 recruiting classes thus far. He wasn't hired until 3 weeks before signing day in 2007.

And he said he inherited good talent and was fortunate that this was not a rebuilding job, his words.

I'm sorry, but the little Caesars pizza bowl doesn't count. I can't believe people keep saying, well at least we are "bowl eligible" now. Are you kidding me? The pizza bowl? Might as well be the toilet bowl because it will generate zero interest from our fan base.

Unless Michigan beats OSU, the worst bowl we could draw is the Insight (again).

And of course, the Little Ceasars bowl doesn't count, because you don't care.

It's a good thing Insight's prices are terrible now, otherwise having to do business with them would give me PTSD flashbacks.

And he said he inherited good talent and was fortunate that this was not a rebuilding job, his words.

That doesn't change the fact that he's only had 2 recruiting classes.

make up your mind

Brewster looks at the cup half full not half empty..... he is optimistic about everything..... he said he inherited good talent because he had to coach those kids that were left...

so either he is an optimist are a snake oil salesman.... you can not twist and turn phrases to fit whatever point you are trying to make at the time... be consistent.....

Three years? You cannot be serious? If you are, then you have lost all credibility.

Top Bottom