Football sellouts 2020

What the hell...?
Just because there's not a hard cap doesn't mean it's smart to pack 50k people in.

Ignoring attendance, selling 100 tickets at $50 each is better than giving away 1000 with pizza purchases where they probably get a couple dollars each out of it. In the past they've done it because they'd rather lose out on a bit of money than have the stadium be seen pretty empty. Now that there are health concerns, they can maximize revenue and ignore attendance. I'm sure they've wanted to do that for years but they didn't want the criticism for poor attendance. Now they have a reason why it's okay for attendance to be low.

Always someone who has to make it about politics, there's enough talk about politics already. It's not needed on a sports forum.
Especially when there's all the toxic politics you could ever desire one click away on the OTB

Just purchased a LOGE (5 seats) to the Michigan game on 10/17! Pumped!!

Full refund if the game cancels or postpones. If the game gets rescheduled, Inhave first right to refusal. ?

the only ones that sell out every game since football was invented .. lol
are the huskers from Nebraska .. Sold out even tho the stands have obvious gaps in them .
word there is that a couple donors buy all the unsold ones up for a penny so as to keep the streak going . Ya, know, its what ever it takes over there.. always has been
That sell out streak is their only claim to fame for the last decades so they cling to it even though it is a
fraud. Donors do buy unsold seats at a discount to keep the"streak"going.
It is pathetic.

Speculating here: let's just say this season is canceled but sports returns in 2021. My hope would be that they simply play the same schedule in 2021 that they were supposed to play in 2020. That being said, I had hopes that we would have substantially larger crowds this year under normal circumstances with most likely sellouts for the Michigan and Iowa games and very close to selling out for the BYU, Purdue, and NW games. In 2021, I believe we are set to open the season with a weeknight home game against Ohio State. That could potentially have national implications, probably national TV to kick-off the college football season, and much much more. I'm hoping that this scenario still happens, that is, keeping our same schedule but postponing everything by a year.

Speculating here: let's just say this season is canceled but sports returns in 2021. My hope would be that they simply play the same schedule in 2021 that they were supposed to play in 2020. That being said, I had hopes that we would have substantially larger crowds this year under normal circumstances with most likely sellouts for the Michigan and Iowa games and very close to selling out for the BYU, Purdue, and NW games. In 2021, I believe we are set to open the season with a weeknight home game against Ohio State. That could potentially have national implications, probably national TV to kick-off the college football season, and much much more. I'm hoping that this scenario still happens, that is, keeping our same schedule but postponing everything by a year.

Gophs vs Owhyo State. ESPN Gameday to kick off the season. Too early to predict, but would be awesome.

Top Bottom