Football sellouts 2020

BigGopher69

Reaction score
With all the hype coming into the 2020 season are we expecting a sellout everygame? Have we ever sold out every game in a season? Cannot wait for the 2020 season to begin RTB!

With all the hype coming into the 2020 season are we expecting a sellout everygame? Have we ever sold out every game in a season? Cannot wait for the 2020 season to begin RTB!
With Covid 19, even if fans are allowed I’m expecting smaller crowds sadly. Not just for us but across the country.

Maybe "COVID sellouts" but doubting 50,000 are going to be allowed in for every game at this point

It will be 10-15k, maybe 20k, just depends how they set up the stadium. Will be something like every other row, with 6ft gaps between seats in rows.

So yes, with that limited capacity, they will all definitely sell out.

Pre COVID, I have no doubt that attendance would be up, perticularly with earlier critical games and current success.

Now, who knows...

My wife asked me to make sure we get some tickets this year. Number of games she has gone to in her lifetime - 0. After last season and learning about Fleck she is now following recruiting. Culture matters and people follow what they believe in. Not sure we sell out (Covid) but if we play interest will be off the charts.

Great time for a guy like me that’s not afraid of some made up hysteria to take his family to a event more often then I have in the past for a cheaper price then normal.

I made the prediction way back that student season tickets would sell out for the first time in forever. Now they're on sale but I haven't heard of a single person buying them yet.

Say we don't have fans this season. Then, the first game back to normal would be the season opener against Ohio State. That atmosphere could dwarf the Penn State game.

Hard to know post-covid. Certainly leaving the Outback Bowl game my thought was glad I had my tickets.

Anywho, I'm at greater risk due to age, heart disease, and high blood pressure...but hey, I've beat my cancer...so life's good even with covid hanging around like a buzzard on a tree.

Pretty sure we'll be there...if there's a place to be there...in the fall.

Spacing out fans in the stadium should be feasible, it's going to be getting people going from place to place like entrances, bathrooms and concessions that will be a nightmare even with as few as 15,000 fans.

I made the prediction way back that student season tickets would sell out for the first time in forever. Now they're on sale but I haven't heard of a single person buying them yet.

Say we don't have fans this season. Then, the first game back to normal would be the season opener against Ohio State. That atmosphere could dwarf the Penn State game.
Student season tickets aren't on sale yet

Student season tickets aren't on sale yet
Huh. About a week or two ago, they 100% were if you logged into your student account on gophersports.com. The main page had the "coming soon" that I see now, but once I logged in there was an option to buy all of the usual student ticket packages. I didn't try to buy any, and haven't checked since then, but you're correct that it's gone now. Might've been a glitch? A few of my friends could see the option to buy before as well.

Huh. About a week or two ago, they 100% were if you logged into your student account on gophersports.com. The main page had the "coming soon" that I see now, but once I logged in there was an option to buy all of the usual student ticket packages. I didn't try to buy any, and haven't checked since then, but you're correct that it's gone now. Might've been a glitch? A few of my friends could see the option to buy before as well.
Oh ya, when you sign in it does look like you can go through and buy student tickets, really strange.

Sports, whenever they return, will have probably lost a few people. Those still faithful, however, will be rabidly hungry for the great distraction that sports provide and will likely be quite as much enthusiastic for the live aspect of it.

Interestingly, as much as this pandemic clearly seems to favor the young, the vulnerability of older folks might have an unintentional but effective consequence resulting in a lot of "new blood" moving into some of the better seating sections. That might not necessarily be a bad thing.

With 6 foot spacing, nobody would have to worry about tall drunks. Even less so if they're at home.

;)

If there not students on campus there will not be football.

Assuming there aren't restrictions at the time... i"m going to say taht sports when they return will have a huge amount of pent up demand. The crowds will be crazy.

Even if there are no capacity limits, I'm guessing they'd raise prices of single game tickets and get rid of things like the frozen pizza promotion. They probably wouldn't want sellouts for health reasons.

Even if there are no capacity limits, I'm guessing they'd raise prices of single game tickets and get rid of things like the frozen pizza promotion. They probably wouldn't want sellouts for health reasons.
That would be a weird choice.

If there are no restructons, I'm not sure they'd take action that would even passively impede attendance with the intent to actually lower attendance.

I hope you are right but that was a crazy atmosphere. I suppose season opener and warm weather would add a lot to the atmosphere - such as the TCU game. On Steroids.

If there not students on campus there will not be football.
Yes.

Also, this is like saying "if the sun doesn't rise, then we can't grow plants."

There will be students on campus this fall. Otherwise, higher education will die.

And since students will be there this fall, sports will be there this fall. Limited capacity seating, social distancing, masks, etc. But it will be there.

Great time for a guy like me that’s not afraid of some made up hysteria to take his family to a event more often then I have in the past for a cheaper price then normal.
If you think 80,000 deaths in a few months is made up hysteria you have a higher threshold for worry than I do.

What is capacity with a 6ft separation?

If you think 80,000 deaths in a few months is made up hysteria you have a higher threshold for worry than I do.
80,000 is a inaccurate number. There is things you can do to make sure you don’t have a compromised immune. Google is your friend.

who really knows?

It's possible that all of this blows over by the fall and life is getting back close to "normal."

But it's also possible that we are still observing some level of restrictions, social distancing, masks, etc by this fall.

it all depends on the number - and location - of cases and fatalities. which in turn depends on testing - both the testing for infections and the testing for antibodies.

If I had to bet my own money, I would bet that we do not see a traditional sell-out this year because attendance will be limited in some form. the hard-core fans will be back once they give the "all clear," but some casual fans will be hesitant to sit in a crowded stadium or arena until there is a vaccine or at least a confirmed treatment.

the only ones that sell out every game since football was invented .. lol
are the huskers from Nebraska .. Sold out even tho the stands have obvious gaps in them .
word there is that a couple donors buy all the unsold ones up for a penny so as to keep the streak going . Ya, know, its what ever it takes over there.. always has been

I'm told that you will be able to buy adjoining seats as long as the seat next to you is a direct relative. So West Virginia home games will still look like this:
View attachment 7963

tYwKHLa.gif

What the hell...?

Top Bottom