Florida WR on Graham Mertz: "I feel like he's another Joe Burrow"

Guess the sec isn't s good as some have thought...

I see it as an interesting experiment in FL that should shed more light on why Chryst was fired and how WI's new offense is better for QBs.
I thought Mertz was ill-used by WI.

I mean - I’d find it funny as can be if he became awesome at another school when they couldn’t use him effectively 😂😂
He had a couple pretty awfull pass attempts in that last game when not even being pressured. One was a designed easy wide open roll out toss of 6-8 yards where he just completely short-armed it incomplete to the receiver's shoes.

Ya never know... But I just don't see it
I think on this one we do know... :)

Burrow was stuck behind J.T. Barrett at Ohio State and wasn't given an opportunity to really show what he could do there.

Mertz has had multiple seasons to show what he can do. He might improve some at Florida in a different system and with better receivers but comparing him to Burrow is just dumb. The laughing compilation posted was a perfect response.

Mertz IMO is as good or better than mordecai

I see it as an interesting experiment in FL that should shed more light on why Chryst was fired and how WI's new offense is better for QBs.
I thought Mertz was ill-used by WI.
Their offensive system under cryst wasn’t very QB friendly when their o line wasn’t dominating.

Will his bounce-passes work better in the SEC?

I don't know about the bounce passes, but they don't really play much defense in the SEC so at least he'll have that going for him.

The funniest part about this whole quote is that it came from an incoming freshman player. Someone from the media relations team is going to need to sit that kid down and explain that comparing their new QB to one of the best in the NFL probably isn't a wise move. :)

If Joe Burrow routinely threw it to the other team he’d be right. I don’t think he’ll look better in the SEC.

He's a true freshman. Must have not had a very good high school QB if Graham Mertz looks like Joe Burrow to him.

A lot of the people on this board love the game and are detailed mentally but make similar decisions with the football in live action as Graham Mertz. None of us are Joe Burrow.

Mertz IMO is as good or better than mordecai
That would be great! But what if WI’s new system is more QB friendly? Then could Mordecai + new system > Mertz + old system? My head hurts …

The funniest part about this whole quote is that it came from an incoming freshman player. Someone from the media relations team is going to need to sit that kid down and explain that comparing their new QB to one of the best in the NFL probably isn't a wise move. :)
Raise expectations unreasonably so that they can more quickly and brutally be dashed!

That would be great! But what if WI’s new system is more QB friendly? Then could Mordecai + new system > Mertz + old system? My head hurts …
Wisconsins system will be more QB friendly for sure in terms of stats

Im not sure it will be more conducive to winning as it will be tougher on the defense due to their new system as well.

I don't know about the bounce passes, but they don't really play much defense in the SEC so at least he'll have that going for him.
You mean the conference that wins the national championship basically every year? Great take as usual Murray- that’s why this is the free board.

You mean the conference that wins the national championship basically every year? Great take as usual Murray- that’s why this is the free board.
Wait?
Vande? Texas A&M?
Arkansas?

They’re national champions? I thought just Georgia was.

Wait?
Vande? Texas A&M?
Arkansas?

Conferences win championships. Do you not hear their fans chant S-E-C all the time?

Well, the syntax is a bit jumbled — especially the 'free board' part — but I think I get your drift. You're more impressed with the general level of defense in the SEC than I am, and you add a dash of ad hominem just to punctuate your point. Perfect.

I hope he tears it up so I can see the reaction of Wisconsin fans

Wait?
Vande? Texas A&M?
Arkansas?

Since 2000, I think the SEC has won around 15 national titles. The Little 10 has 1. It was a dumb comment from an even dumber poster.

Since 2000, I think the SEC has won around 15 national titles. The Little 10 has 1. It was a dumb comment from an even dumber poster.

Sorry, man. I really didn't mean to offend you by making a derogatory comment about the defense played in the SEC. I deeply, sincerely apologize.

I'll try to be more glowing in my assessments of them next time.

Got it. This is my bad, I did not realize the fact that Florida won the national title 15 years ago means Mississippi state and Missouri play great defense today! Thanks for clearing that up!

Top Bottom