Fleck Statement on Rossi

I assume the usual suspects will get their knickers in a knot over this statement, just as they do over most anything that is said (or not said).

"Did you see what Fleck said?! Why couldn't he have said this instead?!"
The only thing PJ could’ve said that would’ve gotten my approval would be to sing

I want to take a shot at someone who's parents did not spell her name correctly.

But I won't.

Like Coach really just wishing them the best. Her hubby really did a good job for several years for which I'm appreciative and enjoyed watching the Ds that were fielded very much. Especially against Auburn and GT, and many other opponents too.

Will be interesting to better understand what happened this year if there's a deeper story. Occam's Razor says we were due for a down year. According to this principle, it is just that simple. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

I hear that East Lansing is slightly better than Bugtussle...so that's a plus. Go Gophers!

Rossi did a great job here, but I didn’t like what he left for. I was hoping he would leave for either an HC job, DC at a blue blood, orfor a huge raise. None happened, and he stayed in conference.
Didn’t he get a big raise?

I assume the usual suspects will get their knickers in a knot over this statement, just as they do over most anything that is said (or not said).

Man you are a whiner. My Lord. Do you wonder why you are never invited to parties?

I assume Murray will drop by, not to actually comment on the topic at hand, but to take a dump on other posters. Just as he does in pretty much every thread.

Sometimes even preemptively.

Did you see what THOSE posters are gonna say? Tsk tsk.

was listening to "Pair and a Spare" podcast. Ryan Burns said that there was NO animosity between Fleck and Rossi. Fleck basically left Rossi alone and let him run the Defense his way. so no bad blood and Rossi did not leave 'to get away from Fleck.'

according to Burns, most the reasons behind this come down to money. Rossi will be making at least $200,000 more a year and Burns says Rossi has a 3-year guaranteed contract.

beyond that, the podcasters speculated that it could be as simple as Rossi wanting a new challenge. He was up for DC jobs at other schools the last couple of years, so he was in demand, and apparently got an offer he liked. Now he has MSU's NIL behind him and a strong recruiting base.

was listening to "Pair and a Spare" podcast. Ryan Burns said that there was NO animosity between Fleck and Rossi. Fleck basically left Rossi alone and let him run the Defense his way. so no bad blood and Rossi did not leave 'to get away from Fleck.'

according to Burns, most the reasons behind this come down to money. Rossi will be making at least $200,000 more a year and Burns says Rossi has a 3-year guaranteed contract.

beyond that, the podcasters speculated that it could be as simple as Rossi wanting a new challenge. He was up for DC jobs at other schools the last couple of years, so he was in demand, and apparently got an offer he liked. Now he has MSU's NIL behind him and a strong recruiting base.
Yeah the idea that PJ would tell Rossi what to do made no sense.

Except if anywhere near true why isn't he still here?
Minnesota 100% would have come up with the money and the contract guarantee if it is $300 or $400k or less.

There was talk on this thread when PJ got his annual extension and the $700,000 to pay assistant coaches more money that he didn't spend it....he banked it. Even if it's not true...100% Coyle is approving any similar request from PJ to retain Rossi.

The fact this is a week after Rossi left tells me PJ needed some cooling off time. If you look closely you can see blood in the corner of his mouth from biting his tongue. The chip/crack on his shoulder may finally need medical attention.

There is more to the story than money.

He got a $350,000 raise and MSU has way more NIL money to use on different players. I don't blame Rossi one bit.

Also, I'm wondering if Rossi didn't exactly like what he has coming back here.
350k is a lot. Good for him

Minnesota 100% would have come up with the money and the contract guarantee if it is $300 or $400k or less.

There was talk on this thread when PJ got his annual extension and the $700,000 to pay assistant coaches more money that he didn't spend it....he banked it. Even if it's not true...100% Coyle is approving any similar request from PJ to retain Rossi.

The fact this is a week after Rossi left tells me PJ needed some cooling off time. If you look closely you can see blood in the corner of his mouth from biting his tongue. The chip/crack on his shoulder may finally need medical attention.

How do you know anything you just said is true?

I think MSU only officially announced it today, so that's probably why he waited.

Why do people keep saying this with no evidence to suggest it?

Why do people keep saying this with no evidence to suggest it?
Common sense, wisdom, an open mind, critical thinking...any number of hmmm conclusions.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 1.14.53 AM.png
We are not letting a top 10-15 Defensive Coordinator in all of college football walk away to a job in the same conference if the only reason he is leaving is a couple hundred thousand dollars. We can find the money. I'm sure we have a booster who would pay it. It is that transparently illogical.
Rossi has said how much his family loves living in the Twin Cities. "Honey, we are moving to East Lansing. The kids will make new friends and we'll find them new schools just as good."
Come on!!! It doesn't add up!

Top Bottom