Fleck Post Game - Wow Was This A Shot.

Rightfully so, P.J. was going on and on about how Jo Jo Nubin took advantage of his opportunity. Referring to the opportunity "When you get it, what are you going to do with it? Do you run for 204 or do you run for 2?"

Nubin ran for 204. Sean Tyler ran for 2. Is he trying to motivate Tyler? I hope Tyler takes it the right way. The thin running back room still might need him.

Video Link
Good for Fleck. A little criticism can be good. WR's and TE need some.

Spencer, Tyler and Selig have all been playing at least some, so is that a miscue? I think a miscue would be more like taking a freshman transfer and he never ends up playing. Taking a senior to be depth or rotational piece isn’t really a miss, it might not be the hit some had hoped, but if they are playing I assume the coaches feel they are upgrades.
Selig is not very good. Terrible tackler in space.

There are few things I'd love to see more for an individual on this team than Tyler figure it out before the end of the season. That and Kaliakmanis go through reads and hit his receiver in stride and at the numbers 3/4 of the time lol
I’d settle for 1/2 of the time

lol....not sure if you are just playing dumb but he didn't call him out publicly. It was literally a comment he made where he referenced a yardage total right at the end of his press conference while talking specifically about Nubin.

There are a few people in here trying to make something out of nothing in regards to this comment. Shockingly those are also the same people that are usually looking for a reason to take a shot at Fleck....but I'm sure that is just a strange coincidence....
2 was actually his rushing yardage total for the game, so wasn’t even a shot at his number.

my guess is Fleck glanced at the stats before he went out there and he used the totals to emphasize how well Nubian did. But of course there are those that will always choose to find a negative way to spin things. So to them it was Fleck insulting Tyler as opposed to praising Nubian.
It’s possible he was doing both.

I have a hunch that Sean Tyler plays a meaningful role in a victory over Illinois on Saturday. He and Nubin, having very different styles and strengths (5'8", 185 vs 5'11", 210), could be an effective 1-2 punch if Tyler remembers that the ball security is job 1. Tyler looks to be dangerous in space; not so much plowing through tiny creases in the O-Line. It is up to the coaches to find a way to utilize Tyler's strengths now. He isn't a development project; he's done with college football in 4 or 5 games.

Top Bottom