Fleck is staying!!!

Glad he is staying!! Fleck has made the Gophers fun to watch on a consistent basis and has also made the NFL more enjoyable. Every year 3-5 players are making it to the NFL and that will continue to drive talent to the Gophers.

I believe he will continue to have breakthrough seasons. Looking forward to this year, but really expect 2025 to be something special.

To the Fleck disciples, please read past the first sentence or two. In so many ways Fleck drives me nuts - ths slogans, ugly uniforms, etc. And, I'm not happy with where the program is at right now. Despite what some over-the-top supporters think, he really hasn't elevated the program and taken advantage of some great opportunities in the West. I don't want to debate that though, because when the rumor came out about UCLA I found myself thinking - while he can drive me nuts, unlike Mason ever felt, he seems to be truly committed to being here. He hasn't won the West, but he has brought a consistent sense of quality to the program. So, I realized I don't want to see him leave. I want to see what he can over the next couple of years. I hope last year was just a step back and he will take the program another step forward. Along the way, I also hope he becomes a little more flexible with his offense. Go Gophs!

What is hysterical is the PJ smoke which meant he is gone to UCLA was pushed by Ryan Burns who knows nothing. His customers who pay him monthly on his site are convinced he is a prophet and thinks everything he types is a sure thing and most of them thought PJ was gone. Suckers. PJ is the best thing that this program has had in a long time.

Extension to be announced soon after his return.
So he's happy to be here but leverages the smoke for an extension (and presumably a raise). I guess you can't blame a guy for taking advantage but if I'm Coyle, I'd call his bluff. PJ has a $7 million buyout and is contracted through 2029. I'd wait first to see whether PJ can replicate his so-called success in the NIL world and without the benefit of Big 10 Waste division scheduling benefits. You might be extending a guy that doesn't cut it in the nee reality.

What is hysterical is the PJ smoke which meant he is gone to UCLA was pushed by Ryan Burns who knows nothing. His customers who pay him monthly on his site are convinced he is a prophet and thinks everything he types is a sure thing and most of them thought PJ was gone. Suckers. PJ is the best thing that this program has had in a long time.
Well supposedly PJ met face to face with the UCLA AD in Mexico. So he was obviously interested enough to interrupt his vacation to allow him to fly down and meet

+o4, burns jumped all over the fleck is leaving story and touted his sources. he was wrong again. people fall all over themselves for burns, it’s weird. he rarely breaks stories and ive heard two difference coaches laugh about him how he begs for recruiting info.

but this is good news about fleck, the timing was awful for us

100% this.

+o4, burns jumped all over the fleck is leaving story and touted his sources. he was wrong again. people fall all over themselves for burns, it’s weird. he rarely breaks stories and ive heard two difference coaches laugh about him how he begs for recruiting info.

but this is good news about fleck, the timing was awful for us
He seems to have decent content that his subscribers like but it’s always been weird how mad that site gets when info is shared. I’ve never seen journalists hate being quoted.

PJ wants us to believe that he turned down UCLA. I subscribe to the Patrick Reusse view on PJ. I think Minnesota can do better than what he has done. He won 0 big ten west titles. I don't believe that he has done what is possible here.
You could say the same about just about every coach out there. I have little doubt there is some coach out there that would be doing better than Fleck.

But you don’t make decisions based on what could be IMO. Because then you’ll always be looking.

So he's happy to be here but leverages the smoke for an extension (and presumably a raise). I guess you can't blame a guy for taking advantage but if I'm Coyle, I'd call his bluff. PJ has a $7 million buyout and is contracted through 2029. I'd wait first to see whether PJ can replicate his so-called success in the NIL world and without the benefit of Big 10 Waste division scheduling benefits. You might be extending a guy that doesn't cut it in the nee reality.
The extensions are pretty meaningless. There’s little difference between 3 years left with a $7M buyout, and 8 years left with a $7M buyout. They’re for show. Almost no coach ever gets close to the end of the contract.

Top Bottom