FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

He was. I was a very little kid, but can remember him being on the side of buses as well. The difference is then it had been less than 20 years since the Gophers had been there.

Oops - this was in response to statement by "fan of ray..." about Joe Salem having rose in teeth.

Ditto here. Think my old man LOL when we drive past the billboard.

Is that similar to two bricks shy of a full load?

Does this mean the Canoe is to small with Kaler and Coyle and it is taking on Water? Maybe they forgot to take out the cardboard cut out of the coach in front of TCF photo shopped winning against Wisconsin before a photo shopped packed house.

Our buddy Hugh weighs in again:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

SMH. Just do it already.

My prediction: if no real press buzz by 3pm CST, it ain't Fleck.

I sure hope our defensive staff is given a shot with the new coach.

I sure hope our defensive staff is given a shot with the new coach.

It should be whatever PJ wants.

We have only 2 coaches active now anyway I think............ Coyle only listed 2 guys staying on in the interim...

whether it's right or wrong, I suspect a more "live-wire" coach like Fleck is going to spur more dramatic reactions - could be a real "love it" or "hate it" situation. If a guy like that wins, he can become very popular in a hurry. If he loses, I suspect the act will also wear thin in a hurry. a more low-key guy like Claeys doesn't seem to create the more extreme reactions (in a normal situation) and might have more longevity.

It had to be Fleck.

No other reason we would wait to fire Claeys.

My guess is Fleck and his agent made Coyle retain Claeys until after the bowl game to avoid the speculation leading into the Cotton Bowl.

Fleck has to leave WMU, just lost his QB and a first-round WR in an undefeated season. No where to go but down...

It should be whatever PJ wants.

We have only 2 coaches active now anyway I think............ Coyle only listed 2 guys staying on in the interim...

One of the big mistakes Brewster made was not keeping on anyone from the previous staff, especially the offensive line coach. That really hurt him politically. I can't even remember who, if anyone, Kill kept on.

tcf.jpg

Just to give you guys a preview of what coach will look like in action.

I think Sherels stays if we get Fleck. Keeping Sawvel would be huge and i've read on Rivals that he still wants to stay if he can. I would think Coyle would have to sign off on it though as Sawvel aligned himself heavily against the administration saying they were being "attacked."

Just so long as the story didn't originate at 31 Flavors.....

One of the things that Brewster did that really stunk was throwing out everything and everyone from the Mason era. They
tossed the baby out with the bathwater, and went 1-11 their first year. He should have retained Shaw and maybe a couple
others.

I hope that Fleck is smart enough to hold onto what works here, starting with at least a couple of assistants. This squad won 9
games. It would be a shame to start all over again.

One of the big mistakes Brewster made was not keeping on anyone from the previous staff, especially the offensive line coach. That really hurt him politically. I can't even remember who, if anyone, Kill kept on.

Brewster wasn't a HC though, he had nobody.

The HC has to be able to do what he wants.

Haha!! Oh my! If this guy wins the Axe, his reaction (well, all our reactions!) will be epic.

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, that was just the MAC title that got him hanging from the ceiling.

Top Bottom