Fleck = Brewster crowd

The Fleck=Brewster group was very small and the comparison was just stupid and lazy. It was clear very early on that Fleck was light years ahead of Brewster as a head coach and the only similarity between the two was they were outgoing.

My sincere hope is that after today we can finally put a wrap on the Kill/Claeys vs. Fleck battle that has raged around here the past few years. It died down a lot with the success of this season but now there should really be no doubt as to who is the better coach for this program.

In 3 years Fleck already has an 11 win season under his belt. As was pointed out in another thread, those seasons are tough to come by no matter who the coach is. The future looks very very bright for the program. Can't wait to see what is next.

There wasn't a lot of direct Fleck = Brewster posts, but there has been a continuous stream of a lot of posts by a few people that keep trying to point out some flaw they see in Fleck. Rather than focus on all the positive that he does (both within and external to football), they keep trying to find some irrelevant item they don't like and to turn into an issue. I'm glad that we got that extension put in place during the season versus waiting.

This staff and this roster had a tremendous season. This is a tough job but great coaches see it as a tremendous opportunity and implement a plan. They win anywhere and the best indicator of greatness is they do something remarkable very early. This dwarfs what anyone has done around here in football or basketball in a really long time. Sure his personality may rub someone the wrong way. Who cares. He plays it clean and knows how to build a winner.

You are being very charitable. Here are three quotes from one of the serial posters on this board who follows college football very closely: so closely he reminds us of all those dastardly lies PJ has told every time he posts. I'm thinking he also thought of Brew as a "fraud, windbag, joke." Edit: I see those "lies" are gone and now we have the Outback score. I know who the fraud is. Next, he'll be claiming he was a closet Fleckster all the time.

I feel sorry for those that believe blindly in this fraud

I honestly don't know how anyone could buy into anything this windbag says.

This is a joke, right? If not then PJ is the joke.
Really is astounding how you take every opportunity to go after one single poster who expressed concerns about PJ and also pointed out frank untruths expressed by PJ or MC. Get a life or at least let it go. Nobody needs to read anymore of your drivel. This is a day to celebrate so quit being a d!ck.

I did. I'll own it. The first two years it seemed we went backwards and he seemed like just talk...a guy who could recruit but couldn't coach.

I think I remember that to. To be fair, however, if you were only looking at coach speak, it was hard to discern between the two.

that being said, if you looked just beneath the surface of the coach speak and looked at actual accomplishments the differences were/are striking.
I agree. While Fleck’s list of accomplishments was somewhat short when he was just being hired here, it was still more impressive to me than anything Brewster had on his resume in my opinion. His quick turn around at Western Michigan didn’t seem like a fluke. His emergence in the football world at such a young age didn’t seem gimmicky. You don’t keep ascending the ladder that fast in the football world just because you can talk yourself up. There is a definite need for results, it’s not like working in an office cubicle. There were a lot of skeptical, bitter Gopher fans that didn’t like the way Claeys was let go. And was it nice how they got rid of him? No. I didn’t approve. But I wasn’t going to hold the decisions made by our administration against the new coach. He didn’t talk Coyle and Kaler into firing Claeys.

There was a rumor that Les was our backup plan but Les said no.

that’s to funny. Now look at him at that football wasteland Kansas. He is an Idiot for passing on the Gopher Job only to end up at Kansas.

so happy for his short sightedness and lack of self confidence.

Top Bottom