Fleck = Brewster crowd

I don't think that crowd ever existed. . .

It definitely did, I heard and read many negative Nancy’s that claimed they thought Fleck was just another Brewster

That may be. I also have heard (and continue to hear) an outrage over any perceived slight sent PJ's way.

It definitely did, I heard and read many negative Nancy’s that claimed they thought Fleck was just another Brewster

I think I remember that to. To be fair, however, if you were only looking at coach speak, it was hard to discern between the two.

that being said, if you looked just beneath the surface of the coach speak and looked at actual accomplishments the differences were/are striking.

Those who wanted Les Miles are also welcome in this thread.

I was interested in Les Miles. And the Pirate instead of Jerry. And I wasn't so sure on PJ, but was willing to give him a chance. It all seems to be working out.

I wasn’t enamored with fleck the first year. Never equated him to brew.
He has achieved excellent results this year. Bravo.

I admit that privately I had written Fleck off after the Illinois game in 2018. Glad I was wrong.

I would love to see Reusse write an article apologizing to PJ.
He's mass blocking people on Twitter right now. He'll get that column fired up once he's finished with that task.

He's mass blocking people on Twitter right now. He'll get that column fired up once he's finished with that task.
Nah, I'm sure Fat Pat will need to eat something first. Clicking that mouse to block everyone slamming him burns up a lot of calories for someone like him.

That certainly was the low point... Watching that game had me questioning some things, but it’s crazy to see how far the results have come since that point (and Rossi taking over as DC)!
The thing about that was that those problems all seemed D-coaching related. For weeks or months prior many of GH were calling for DC changes (not HC changes). He made the change just a bit late, but also soon enough to change the program.

The thing about that was that those problems all seemed D-coaching related. For weeks or months prior many of GH were calling for DC changes (not HC changes). He made the change just a bit late, but also soon enough to change the program.

I know they were almost all defense related, but it was a little scary at that time — Only game where my belief in PJ was shaken...

I know they were almost all defense related, but it was a little scary at that time — Only game where my belief in PJ was shaken...
Looking back on it, I suspect it was my only time where I started to question Fleck's approach as well. More than anything, I really just wanted him to make a change at DC. The players seemed OK, the offense wasn't terrible, the players seemed to try hard; but the D schemes were clearly FUBARED at the time.

In honesty, i was questioning PJ as late as the Georgia Southern game. Glad to be wrong, and squarely on board the Fleck boat now!

Atone for your sins here....

I don't think anyone who follows college football one iota actually equated Fleck to Brew in their minds. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a fair amount of ribbing and trolling on the subject though. Easy pickins.

I was on board with fleck right away.
I was on board with kill right away too

brew...not so much

after the Illinois game last year I was still on board publicly with fleck. I did send a private message to one GH’er that I was not so sure about fleck.

I apologize for that indiscretion.

brew...not so much

after the Illinois game last year I was still on board publicly with fleck. I did send a private message to one GH’er that I was not so sure about fleck.

Fleck addressed that Illinois loss very pointedly. By firing a long time staffer.

brew...not so much

Never liked the Kill hire.

Weary about the selection at first. Resume differentiated Fleck early. I allowed Fleck the same amount of rope as I have any other coach. Brewster made several hangmans loops, while Fleck has produced some very nice foundation from which we can move forward.

I don't think anyone who follows college football one iota actually equated Fleck to Brew in their minds. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a fair amount of ribbing and trolling on the subject though. Easy pickins.

You are being very charitable. Here are three quotes from one of the serial posters on this board who follows college football very closely: so closely he reminds us of all those dastardly lies PJ has told every time he posts. I'm thinking he also thought of Brew as a "fraud, windbag, joke." Edit: I see those "lies" are gone and now we have the Outback score. I know who the fraud is. Next, he'll be claiming he was a closet Fleckster all the time.

I feel sorry for those that believe blindly in this fraud

I honestly don't know how anyone could buy into anything this windbag says.

This is a joke, right? If not then PJ is the joke.

Last edited:

You are being very charitable. Here are three quotes from one of the serial posters on this board who follows college football very closely: so closely he reminds us of all those dastardly lies PJ has told every time he posts. I'm thinking he also thought of Brew as a "fraud, windbag, joke." Edit: I see those "lies" are gone and now we have the Outback score. I know who the fraud is. Next, he'll be claiming he was a closet Fleckster all the time.

I feel sorry for those that believe blindly in this fraud

I honestly don't know how anyone could buy into anything this windbag says.

This is a joke, right? If not then PJ is the joke.
You are 100% correct, Mulligan. There are many fraudulent sissies on this board!

Top Bottom