Fleck and Fickell go back on forth about Martin Owusu negative recruitment

giphy.gif

What negative material would wisconsin even use?

• The Gophers have the Axe back-to-back and the better record.
  • The Gophers have more program stability and consistency.
  • The head coach has a long contract, stayed after a big year, and is going into year 7.
  • The coordinators have been with the program since the beginning.
  • By modern standards, the Gophers have above-average roster stability and retention.
  • Top 5 defense
  • It's closer to home for Martin.
  • Same weather.

All that's left is "they've got a good roster and you might not play much?"
Any of the big city vs. college town arguments.

To me, it's like the end of game trolling we did to Wisky in '21. I'm all for attacking rivals, stopping the MN nice when it comes to sports, throwing the crap back at them since most of us have been on the receiving end of it for too long.
I have no problem with playing Jump Around at the Bank or having the department tweet out something snarky to tweek a rival. To me, the HC talking about it at a presser rises to a different level and comes across as whiney, but to each his own. We flipped a couple of guys, so it is not as if we view a verbal commitment as a stop sign. It’s quite possible that Vandy wasn’t thrilled that we flipped their receiver and just might feel that we recruited negatively to get that accomplished.

I would think for the most part these juniors and seniors really don't want to be around all that negativity. I don't know what has happened as to negativity now and before as we say it is going on but don't know what it is. I'd take Fleck over many of these other coaches when it comes to expectations and taking the high road when it comes to negativity against him.

Fickle's reputation is only going to get worse.

I have no problem with playing Jump Around at the Bank or having the department tweet out something snarky to tweek a rival. To me, the HC talking about it at a presser rises to a different level and comes across as whiney, but to each his own. We flipped a couple of guys, so it is not as if we view a verbal commitment as a stop sign. It’s quite possible that Vandy wasn’t thrilled that we flipped their receiver and just might feel that we recruited negatively to get that accomplished.
Flipping and negative recruiting are two different things. It’s like dating until the player tells you they have closed recruitment.

Fickell crafted his response in a way that kind of covers him both ways though. He basically said it might have happened.
It's true though too.

PJ doesn't know everything that happens.

Fickel might be full of it and know full well, but I bet there's stuff he doesn't know too.

I suspect just for good looks most HCs don't do the bad things and the other coaches know ... it's their job.

The irony of you saying someone comes across as whiny

Was Fickell recruiting Owusu before taking the WI job? If not, I love PJ protecting his turf and our team. PJ is proving he is in it for the long haul. RTB.

Fleck was upset at all the positive national press that Fickell was getting so he sent out this tweet as a distraction to bring Fickell down to his level.
Fickell would have been better served to ignore PJ.
He didn’t send out a tweet, he talked about it at his presser.

Do you think fleck was pissed at Wisconsin? He was 12 hours removed from winning the axe. You badger trolls are delusional now that it’s a real rivalry,

Fleck was upset at all the positive national press that Fickell was getting so he sent out this tweet as a distraction to bring Fickell down to his level.
Fickell would have been better served to ignore PJ.
Oh boy...you clearly are digging in the sand for something here.

Top Bottom