Fleck after Purdue loss, “It’s all on Me”.

Good lord, who cares what he says? Ya’ll care more about what the guy says than what he actually does with the team.

Wonder if he'll whine about NIL again or 'youth'

If he says that, somebody needs to go up to the podium and punch him in his weird eyes.

Everyone knows the good leaders blame their sub-ordinates for everything that goes wrong. The only reason Fleck says "It's on me" is not to protect the coaches and players from ignorant, stupid, hyper-emotional criticism but he does it just to prove he is the top honcho - to stroke his own ego. That must be the reason.

I'm not referring to this thread specifically, but it's clear that some of these posters are clearly the product of 2019 and have no idea that this program existed before then. Today it felt like Glen was coaching again, minus the rushing competence.

We are who we are - Mason tried - Kill tried- and now PJ - as I recall PJ at his opening press conference talked about national championships (as did Brewster) - we are the Kentucky of the SEC and next year we will be slapped even lower - PJ has flamed out - next man up

Press Conference
PJ whines how young and inexperienced they are. Depth issues. Who recruited and constructed the roster? "No excuses but there are reasons."
"I'm not discouraged. We'll be good someday."
Every single press conference since he has been here he whines about dropped passes. By now we should be able to recruit wide receivers who can catch??? No? Who evaluates these guys?

Last edited:

Press Conference
PJ whines how young and inexperienced they are. Depth issues. Who recruited and constructed the roster? "No excuses but there are reasons."
Every single press conference since he has been here he whines about dropped passes. By now we should be able to recruit wide receivers who can catch??? No? Who evaluates these guys?
He's trying to protect his delicate butterfly of a sophomore who has panicked in every second half this season. Fleck goes all in on whoever he chooses as qb and will never turn on them.

He's trying to protect his delicate butterfly of a sophomore who has panicked in every second half this season. Fleck goes all in on whoever he chooses as qb and will never turn on them.
Our wide receivers don't get open. Every throw has to be perfect.

I'm stunned how little attention this gets.

We are brutal at the receiver position.

We can't stop anyone. Just reasonable defense would have us with 2 to 3 more wins. On the other hand, we'd still be somewhat fraudulent.

It will fall on deaf ears but people should actually listen to the post game press conference. I thought it was a very honest take on where things are at right now and some of the issues this team is having especially from a depth standpoint.

For example, LB depth was a concern coming into the season and that was with the idea we would have Lindenberg. Thankfully Mav has done a heck of a job filling in as a redshirt freshman but without him and Cody we are in a really tough spot at that position and it was clearly evident today once Mav got hurt.

Again, I fully get that posting anything on here is a waste of time right now while the fire Fleck crowd does their happy dance but some of you need to take a step back from the ledge and understand that seasons like the one we are having happen to all teams....as much as we would love to see teams get better every year that isn't how it works.

Ferentz won 7 games in year 7 at Iowa, 6 in year 8 (2-6 Big Ten record that year) and 6 again in year 9. And that came on the heels of 3 straight double digit win seasons.

It will fall on deaf ears but people should actually listen to the post game press conference. I thought it was a very honest take on where things are at right now and some of the issues this team is having especially from a depth standpoint.

For example, LB depth was a concern coming into the season and that was with the idea we would have Lindenberg. Thankfully Mav has done a heck of a job filling in as a redshirt freshman but without him and Cody we are in a really tough spot at that position and it was clearly evident today once Mav got hurt.

Again, I fully get that posting anything on here is a waste of time right now while the fire Fleck crowd does their happy dance but some of you need to take a step back from the ledge and understand that seasons like the one we are having happen to all teams....as much as we would love to see teams get better every year that isn't how it works.

Ferentz won 7 games in year 7 at Iowa, 6 in year 8 (2-6 Big Ten record that year) and 6 again in year 9. And that came on the heels of 3 straight double digit win seasons.
He also won multiple big ten titles before that. Stupid argument.

He also won multiple big ten titles before that. Stupid argument.
The point was that Fleck has done well for a Gophers football coach and it is normal when college football teams have a down year due to rosters changes - and that's not even counting coaching changes. I mean I wondered long before the season started whether this team was going to better than 6-6. The offense is not a surprise at all. The defense had question marks, which are now exclamation marks. But I'm not on the fire Fleck bandwagon at all. Just like any coach who has done pretty well in the past - if they have a down year, give them the next year to clean it up.

He doesn't fix it next year, his seat is hot.

Press Conference
Agreed. Youth and roster excuses work in the first year a coach takes over. In year seven? Not so much.

The point was that Fleck has done well for a Gophers football coach and it is normal when college football teams have a down year due to rosters changes - and that's not even counting coaching changes. I mean I wondered long before the season started whether this team was going to better than 6-6. The offense is not a surprise at all. The defense had question marks, which are now exclamation marks. But I'm not on the fire Fleck bandwagon at all. Just like any coach who has done pretty well in the past - if they have a down year, give them the next year to clean it up.

He has not "done well"

He recruits near the bottom of the Big 10 each year -- even being dead last in 2022. That's not "doing well"

Using the culture and foundation that Kill built, he had several chances to win West titles, but admitted he choked. "It's all on me", he said. That's not "doing well".

People need to wake up:

college football sucks. It's not anything that even comes close to the word "fair". It's the opposite of fair.

It's not Fleck's fault. He's doing the best he can.

But with how college football works, places like Minnesota will never be consistently competitive, because we'll never be able to convince a fair level of talent to choose to come here.

If NFL rookies got to choose where they wanted to play, they wouldn't choose to come to Minnesota either.

It's a fringe place.

You're either already from here, and come back to raise a family, or otherwise it's not a place anyone desires to move to.

OK I feel better today. Yesterday I was so upset I took Spaulding!No! off ignore.
PJ is fine. We need him. SON and I was seen much worse and none better come through the program. Lou came in with a plane ticket in his back pocket.

Our wide receivers don't get open. Every throw has to be perfect.

I'm stunned how little attention this gets.

We are brutal at the receiver position.

We can't stop anyone. Just reasonable defense would have us with 2 to 3 more wins. On the other hand, we'd still be somewhat fraudulent.
This. This. This.

Our WRs route running and hands are TERRIBLE. They are not open at all.

The bolded statement above is true. I think PJ has lost me, but... the whole thing where people get irritated about his "excuses" is nonsense. WTF is the guy supposed to say? I find it refreshing that a coach is willing to say (in coach speak), "the linebackers we have on the field now suck" or "we are down to our 4th string RB" or "our receivers cannot catch the freaking ball." We demand accountability and we want reasons if things go badly. PJ has a choice. He can either give platitudes or useless general comments. Or he can give his assessment and say that he still owns it. He does the latter and it makes sense to me. I hold him fully responsible for the situation we are in. I am really disappointed in the results on the field. But sorry... I find it hard to fault PJ for how he handles these pressers.

no
It’s what a good coach says.
no. it's to deflect blame. I have yet to hear him name anything that PJ himself would do differently to change his best. Today he also rolled out "reasons" vs "excuses". what is the difference? Wish he would just state we were over-matched, as we will be next week vs THE OSU! can't wait for the weekly "all on me" post-game statement

People need to wake up:

college football sucks. It's not anything that even comes close to the word "fair". It's the opposite of fair.

It's not Fleck's fault. He's doing the best he can.

But with how college football works, places like Minnesota will never be consistently competitive, because we'll never be able to convince a fair level of talent to choose to come here.

If NFL rookies got to choose where they wanted to play, they wouldn't choose to come to Minnesota either.

It's a fringe place.

You're either already from here, and come back to raise a family, or otherwise it's not a place anyone desires to move to.
He’s lost to Northwestern, Illinois, and Northwestern. Another year of mediocrity due to poor coaching decisions has cost us important wins agains bad teams and possibly a bowl game.

no

no. it's to deflect blame. I have yet to hear him name anything that PJ himself would do differently to change his best. Today he also rolled out "reasons" vs "excuses". what is the difference? Wish he would just state we were over-matched, as we will be next week vs THE OSU! can't wait for the weekly "all on me" post-game statement
Lol

This is a good take, but it also gets me thinking…if we win those games vs NW and Illinois are fans any less upset with what happened yesterday? Man they looked awful in that second half. Not encouraging at all. Maybe it’s the 5 win year and we will begin the rebound like PJs little graph he had?

This is a good take, but it also gets me thinking…if we win those games vs NW and Illinois are fans any less upset with what happened yesterday? Man they looked awful in that second half. Not encouraging at all. Maybe it’s the 5 win year and we will begin the rebound like PJs little graph he had?

I hope so.

Top Bottom