Flat out got out coached

"We were out-coached against Iowa + Wisconsin" != Fire PJ Fleck
Some people here just can't call a spade a spade for whatever reason.

Minnesota has future NFL-ers all over the field and couldn't get it done.

Wisconsin had a much better game plan than Minnesota today. Pretending otherwise is dumb.

So Fleck out coached his opponents 10 time s this year and got out coached twice? Got it!

What we have all been saying. You hear that, and go on about people wanting to fire Fleck? But... there is some shame in getting out coached and that can’t happen in the biggest games of the last 60 years.

Strange, but I guess proof you never know who you are dealing with on a message board.

That being the case, some of the decisions are pretty basic game theory and have little to do with experience.

I read the original post that said something along the lines of maybe we should hire a brain behind a mantra. So I made one post about firing Fleck, hardly “going on”. What do you mean it can’t happen in the biggest game in 60 years? He put us in position to be in that game, I believe he will have plenty of chances to redeem himself in big games.

Does Fleck have a commitment to Smith and Brooks because of how hard they both worked to get back on the field and their senior status, maybe a combination of the two.....I just think if MI gets the bulk of the carries yesterday we would have had much more luck running the ball. I respect Rodney like crazy, but he just hasn't looked right to me this year and MI is really good.

Your just being a dink here. Wisconsin stopped the run and made Gophers 1 dimensional. Another thing they did scheme wise is they isolated WR on linebackers for two huge plays. That wheel route to Taylor#23 was excellent isolation play. They had a better in game gameplan. Credit them, they took a pop from us then picked us apart methodically and with explosive plays. They dominated line of scrimmage too.
We did the same thing to Wisconsin early. We stopped the run and were forcing Coan to beat us. He did.
The Gophers game plan on Offense and Defense was not very effective. Part of that was due to poor line play on both sides of the ball, but also due to Wisc. seemingly knowing exactly what we were going to do before almost every play. They had our tendencies figured out and we didn't go away from them. Wisc. did and really took it too us with their offensive game plan.

Top Bottom