Flat out got out coached

MUgopher32

Reaction score
Nothing else to really say on this one.

Just brutal.

Good season overall obviously. But may want to look into hiring a brains behind mantra

Got out-lined. OL and DL were manhandled.

that’s where things broke down in my mind. Until we recrui better on the lines, victories over Wisconsin will be few and far betwee.

Just brutal.

Good season overall obviously. But may want to look into hiring a brains behind mantra
Correct.
Wussy play calling.
Running on 3rd and ten twice. Punting from WI 34 - in the biggest game ever....
A big, wet hole.

Got out-lined. OL and DL were manhandled.
They lost their anchor early on the offensive side of the football. They need to play better but Fleck needs more time to develop the o-line. Minnesota is still trotting out Sophomores.

10-2. If I would have been told that on August 1st I would have said you’re crazy. Let’s get ready for a bowl game!

Very true, but still completely outcoached today. Last year PJ outcoached Chryst. This year it flipped.

They lost their anchor early on the offensive side of the football. They need to play better but Fleck needs more time to develop the o-line. Minnesota is still trotting out Sophomores.

Yup agreed. Doesn't make it sting any less right now though. The future still looks bright.

Staff let down our players, who were not n a position to compete today.

10-2. If I would have been told that on August 1st I would have said you’re crazy. Let’s get ready for a bowl game!
Funny - I predicted 10-2 in August.

I’m not in Flecks pocket but he called a winning game if it worked.

Yeah, you're right. Let's fire him!!! This staff obviously cannot coach. Trot out a bunch of sophomores and a few upper classmen against a 30 year proven NFL line making program and Minnesota just cannot coach. That is sarcasm.
I'm as pissed as anybody after losing to these dinks, but the reality has to set in. This is a young program that is growing and will be better. Not the same old "wait until next year" crap, but anybody with 1 eye can see things are improving.

Yeah, you're right. Let's fire him!!! This staff obviously cannot coach. Trot out a bunch of sophomores and a few upper classmen against a 30 year proven NFL line making program and Minnesota just cannot coach.
I'm as pissed as anybody after losing to these dinks, but the reality has to set in. This is a young program that is growing and will be better. Not the same old "wait until next year" crap, but anybody with 1 eye can see things are improving.

"We were out-coached against Iowa + Wisconsin" != Fire PJ Fleck
Some people here just can't call a spade a spade for whatever reason.

Minnesota has future NFL-ers all over the field and couldn't get it done.

Wisconsin had a much better game plan than Minnesota today. Pretending otherwise is dumb.

"We were out-coached against Iowa + Wisconsin" != Fire PJ Fleck
Some people here just can't call a spade a spade for whatever reason.

Minnesota has future NFL-ers all over the field and couldn't get it done.

Wisconsin had a much better game plan than Minnesota today. Pretending otherwise is dumb.
We had them beat in terms of positive mantras though. Bet wisconsin wishes they were as elite as us academically, athletically, socially, and spiritually.

God I’m getting more pissed the more I read shit online on fb and think about what coulda been

We had them beat in terms of positive mantras though. Bet wisconsin wishes they were as elite as us academically, athletically, socially, and spiritually.
Your just being a dink here. Wisconsin stopped the run and made Gophers 1 dimensional. Another thing they did scheme wise is they isolated WR on linebackers for two huge plays. That wheel route to Taylor#23 was excellent isolation play. They had a better in game gameplan. Credit them, they took a pop from us then picked us apart methodically and with explosive plays. They dominated line of scrimmage too.

I don't think we were outreached, just outplayed. Wisconsin was just better on the lines.

I will say I didn't like the play calling when we got to the 5 yard line. Don't like throwing the fade twice to TJ, would have preferred 4 WR sets. But other than that I didn't have a huge problem with the play calling, I thought Wisconsin just played better today.

* Wisconsin won both sides of the line.
* Minnesota receivers dropped a bunch of balls - yes there were some non-call PI's but on others they've caught those kind of balls all year.
* Wisconsin's offensive game plan was brilliant, especially in the 2nd half. They threw away all past tendencies and went pass first at times. They even ran from a freaking wishbone type formation a few times in the 2nd half for huge success. The Gophs had no idea how to defend that - and without huge defensive speed at the edges, it was all she wrote.
* Wisconsin will not be able to get away with that against Ohio State and will get ass kicked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Gophers beat the Badgers last year, and all of the Gophers key players were a year younger last year, including most of the O-Linemen. So, I'm not sure you can credit WI's experience for being the key factor today, when it wasn't the key factor last year.

2 teams played. the team that played better won the game.

Just brutal.

Really!!! It’s dipsh^ts like you that make me laugh. Who do you think Minnesota is?!!! Won 9 games once in a hundred years. You make Ming laugh. Your brain sucks big bro, BIG.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Gophers beat the Badgers last year, and all of the Gophers key players were a year younger last year, including most of the O-Linemen. So, I'm not sure you can credit WI's experience for being the key factor today, when it wasn't the key factor last year.

2 teams played. the team that played better won the game.
You do need some correction. If Coan today had played like Hornibrook last year, the Gophers would still have the axe. It was a very different Wisconsin team today, make no mistake about it. They also had injuries on D side last year that they didn’t today.

I don't think we were outreached, just outplayed. Wisconsin was just better on the lines.

I will say I didn't like the play calling when we got to the 5 yard line. Don't like throwing the fade twice to TJ, would have preferred 4 WR sets. But other than that I didn't have a huge problem with the play calling, I thought Wisconsin just played better today.
No problem running it twice on third and long?

Told my son at the end of the first quarter that we are in trouble...could see the Wis. lines start to dominate. Wis. was more creative on offense and expected better.

Really!!! It’s dipsh^ts like you that make me laugh. Who do you think Minnesota is?!!! Won 9 games once in a hundred years. You make Ming laugh. Your brain sucks big bro, BIG.

Let me know when you are ready to talk like a competent adult

Yeah let’s fire Fleck and hire that one guy who never gets out coached.

Yeah let’s fire Fleck and hire that one guy who never gets out coached.

Nobody is saying we need to fire Fleck. We all hope he stays here a long time.

Fair to be frustrated by the fact we had extremely vanilla game plans in the two biggest games of the year. No denying Wisconsin was much more aggressive and creative.

Ferentz and Chryst are good coaches. Both are a lot more experienced than Fleck. No shame in getting out coached. Hopefully Fleck learns from it.

Ferentz and Chryst are good coaches. Both are a lot more experienced than Fleck. No shame in getting out coached. Hopefully Fleck learns from it.
What we have all been saying. You hear that, and go on about people wanting to fire Fleck? But... there is some shame in getting out coached and that can’t happen in the biggest games of the last 60 years.

Strange, but I guess proof you never know who you are dealing with on a message board.

That being the case, some of the decisions are pretty basic game theory and have little to do with experience.

Top Bottom