Fisch mentioned as possible LSU OC replacement

I was going to make a seperate thread for this, but he's also on the rumor list for the Akron Head coaching job.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/78201812.html

Glen Mason on the list isn't much of a surprise either. I wonder if he wants to get back into coaching enough to take a MAC job.

For those of you that don't know, Akron's new AD, Tom Wistrcill, worked under Maturi here at the U and is a Minnesota native.

Thanks for the link prof.

Former Gopher assistant, Mark Snyder, is also on the list.

Go Gophers!!

I'm hoping Fisch can go and someone on staff is promoted

Hoping they promote one of the current assistants on offense as the new coordinator if Fisch leaves and then hire a QB coach to help assist in playcalling. Heck they already have someone with a title like that. Coach Davis has the run game coordinator title, why not let Fisch leave, let him Davis or the new QB coach call the show on offense and add an assistant O-line coach and a new assistant QB coach. Those are the two areas of need on the offensive side of the ball that seem most glaring. Seeing it from the booth maybe Davis can help get our running game going. Stability nothing Fisch leaving would be the best thing to happen to the Gophers this year, he is the one that brought instability to the offense. Let's hope we can be so lucky that he leaves.

Coach Davis has the run game coordinator title, why not let Fisch leave, let him Davis or the new QB coach call the show on offense and add an assistant O-line coach and a new assistant QB coach. Those are the two areas of need on the offensive side of the ball that seem most glaring. Seeing it from the booth maybe Davis can help get our running game going.

Tim Davis is currently the Running Game Coordinator and the Offensive Line coach.

The running game ranks 111th in the country and the offensive line is 114th in sacks allowed and now Davis may be in line for a promotion?

Can almost make a case to keep Fisch and send Davis back to be Saban's director of player personnel again.

I'd rather play OSU, PSU and Iowa if I were a defensive coordinator.

Scoring Offense
12. Georgia Tech
25. Miami
27. Virginia Tech
43. Penn State
48. Ohio State
87. Iowa

Total Offense
15. Georgia Tech
35. Miami
35. Penn State
56. Virginia Tech
69. Ohio State
96. Iowa

It's also a hoops school first....just ask Kansas (minus 2008), Indiana, Duke, Kentucky, etc. how difficult it is.

I was just going to post the same thing. Lot more difficult to try and come up with a scheme to stop Paul Johnson's run-oriented offense in a week than Iowa's plodding offensive scheme that was 103rd in rushing offense.

I sure hope this is true....Jedd's coaching internship here really didn't work out too well, did it? I could run the offense at LSU and be 6-6. The talent they have on that squad is unbelievable.

Top Bottom