Fisch expected to go to Seattle, according to Seattle Times

Love Burnsie ... lives in Bloomington, so is close ... but I was thinking someone who can run the triple-option ... why not? Overhaul the offense for a 3rd time in 4 years :)

Love Burnsie ... lives in Bloomington, so is close ... but I was thinking someone who can run the triple-option ... why not? Overhaul the offense for a 3rd time in 4 years :)

Ricky Foggie could do just that...

I always figured Matt Hasselbeck just needed a throwing motion overhaul to be successful.

Now it's time to get Hohensee as our offense coordinator!

Funny....aside from Lane Kiffin, I've never seen a football coach supposedly so much in demand while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

God Bless America!

I actually agree with Art...that's strange.

I can see the logic if you are Jedd -- another year of poor performance out of himself (or the team in general) and he likely gets the can. Or, he can take an NFL job with likely at least 3 years of security.

He's in demand as a quarterbacks coach. That's a downgrade by most people's standards from a college offensive coordinator. Not exactly an accomplishment.

It's a much easier job to be a NFL quarterbacks coach, than college OC. There's more x'ing and o'ing at the pro level. At the college level your expected to teach and develop. IMHO was don't have enough teachers on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully Maturi will open the check books and pay for experience, Jim Cheney.

I would think there is some pretty good cache to being an NFL QB coach.

Every game this season he had a wtf look on his face during the games so personally I felt he was completely out of his element with this team at least.

Danny O'Neil is a good reporter ... Fisch expected to take Seattle QB job ... oh goody, Weber might have his 4th off. coord. in 5-years.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2010797759_hawk15.html

Is this similar to the good reporting on:

Del Rio is going to USC.
Sarkasian is going to USC.
Fisch is going to the Bears.
Fisch is going to the Redskins.
Muschamp to Volunteers.
Brewster is a finalist for Kansas.
Davis to USC.
Or Norm Chow to USC?

There's quite a lot of good reporting going on out there!:clap:

He's in demand as a quarterbacks coach. That's a downgrade by most people's standards from a college offensive coordinator. Not exactly an accomplishment.

I don't know ... NFL offensive coordinators tend to come from two stepping stones: college offensive coordinator or NFL QB coach. If I'm Fisch, do I think my best shot at NFL offensive coordinator will come by being a QB coach for at least three years with Pete Carroll (or Mike Shanahan) or offensive coordinator with Tim Brewster for what could be one year?

If he knows for sure the offense will be great here next year, he should stay. If he's not confident, he should go before he hurts himself.

If he's gone the replacement almost has to come from within or at least be willing to run the same offense. Any attempt to install yet another new scheme will be nothing but a train-wreck. I would hope Brew knows this and will make the hire accordingly.

Del Rio is going to USC.
Muschamp to Volunteers.
Davis to USC.
Or Norm Chow to USC?

Several of those you mentioned as far as I read were just mentioned as candidates, not as they were going to go there. The USC ones were other then Sark...I remember him being mentioned but not saying he was going there. The Fisch rumors were so far just that...rumors, no guarantees of him going there. Muschamp was offered the job and turned it down, I don't remember seeing an article saying he was going to Tennessee...

Frankly, most of the bad reporting I've seen has been on USC's jobs....and frankly I think thats probably not the reporters fault, but their "sources" from inside the USC athletic department blowing smoke up their asses....

Doogie, since you are so well connected

The reporter in me says, either call Fisch for a confirmation or call the reporter for his sources. Short of some leg work this is nothing more than a CJ column.

The reporter in me says, either call Fisch for a confirmation or call the reporter for his sources. Short of some leg work this is nothing more than a CJ column.

Then the reporter in you is wrong. It's a Seattle Times story that probably would've been missed by all of us. Doogie is passing it along. And he cites the source, giving credit to the one who found out the information.

MIssed by all of us without Doogie? Younblood reported this at 6:30 last night. It was GI posted at about 6:45. Doogie tells us at 9:30? The link should be to Youngblood's story in the tribune.

Del Rio is going to USC.
Muschamp to Volunteers.
Davis to USC.
Or Norm Chow to USC?

You forgot Walker to Seattle as DC. That would have been the same paper.

First off, I have no idea how any of this is going to come down (although I get the impression the same could be said of those "reporting" these things). However, does anyone but me think that it is a bit odd that Walker would not be willing to leave his HC gig at New Mexico State after one year for the DC position, yet Fisch would jump on a QB coach position after one year? Especially when Fisch will be taking a pay cut and Walker would have gotten a raise.

If this is true, I hope Brew gets an experienced college OC, even if from lower divisions: someone who will stay, as Cosgrove will stay.

I don't know ... NFL offensive coordinators tend to come from two stepping stones: college offensive coordinator or NFL QB coach. If I'm Fisch, do I think my best shot at NFL offensive coordinator will come by being a QB coach for at least three years with Pete Carroll (or Mike Shanahan) or offensive coordinator with Tim Brewster for what could be one year?

If he knows for sure the offense will be great here next year, he should stay. If he's not confident, he should go before he hurts himself.

It's simple..... job security.

A. He takes the new NFL job and he has 3+yrs of job security and is on the continued path to better NFL jobs with his reputation mostly in tact and little downside.

B. He stays at the U, knowing Brewster is on the ropes. So he probably see's it's another year at best, with the potential downside of another disaster offensive performance and possibly ruining his reputation.

If your options are to tie your fortunes to Brewster or Carroll....... I know who I would pick.

Brewster has way more upside than Carroll. Do you remember Pete Carrolls last stints in the NFL? Pete Carroll won't last long at Seattle.

MIssed by all of us without Doogie? Younblood reported this at 6:30 last night. It was GI posted at about 6:45. Doogie tells us at 9:30? The link should be to Youngblood's story in the tribune.

So Doogie just linked us another another report, from another source, from a completely different media market, which gives the story even more credibility.

Brewster has way more upside than Carroll. Do you remember Pete Carrolls last stints in the NFL? Pete Carroll won't last long at Seattle.

Would you care to wager who will be fired first?

Top Bottom