FIRE OC

This is all just hot air.
RUTM should of gotten the job done against BG behind metric ton OL.
I feel like they play with the playbook in games where they are favored by a large amount instead of just going out and getting the freaking job done.
Expect a completely different approach Saturday.

Does anyone have a source with information on whose source I should trust on who is calling the plays this Saturday?

Does anyone have a source with information on whose source I should trust on who is calling the plays this Saturday?
My source says Athan is going to get the start and will just wing it. Won't even call plays in an attempt to not tip off the defense. Tells receivers to just get open.

I was listening to Skor North on Monday and they were talking with Alex Boone about the Vikings' offense and the OL performance from Sunday. It was a good breakdown of the plays called and how the OL executed them. Made me envious.

the BG game plan was low key and the players didn’t make the plays to win. Quit blaming the coaches for not calling a different game plan.
Okayy Mrs. Sanford. Is that you?
Also we should be blaming players who get paid with chicken wings and pizza. Not the coaches who get paid millions. Sounds about right. Leadership 101. :poop:

the BG game plan was low key and the players didn’t make the plays to win. Quit blaming the coaches for not calling a different game plan.

Low key? What they were doing wasn't working......yet they continued. The players don't get to call the plays and make adjustments. The players don't substitute out under-performing players. The players didn't make excuses like "we gameplanned to throw CRAB the ball".

Our team wasn't good enough to RUTM on Bowling Green every play when they had game planned and routinely sold out defensively for that approach. It's on the coaches to make adjustments and lead the twentysomething year olds. Quit blaming the players. It was poor leadership. Even Coach Fleck has repeatedly said it's 100% on me.

Fleck said game plan revolved around CRAB, who played one down. That's about as simple, and stupid, as it could get.

I really don’t understand PJ and his loyalty to his coordinators who suck. Including the special teams coach.

I’d love to know what his personal threshold is for “okay, that’s enough, time to let you go”

Does he not understand this could have been/could be a very special season. We are loaded this year.
Just ask robb Smith.

Fleck said game plan revolved around CRAB, who played one down. That's about as simple, and stupid, as it could get.
Yeah, I heard that but pj is always playing the deceptive game. I was at the bg game aww hell I was the Kent game. The difference was we thought we would win the bg game til the 00:00.

Yeah, I heard that but pj is always playing the deceptive game. I was at the bg game aww hell I was the Kent game. The difference was we thought we would win the bg game til the 00:00.
Who is we? I was at the game as well. Did you really think we would win the game? Wow is the word I have for you. Didn't you watch the field to see how pathetic they had been all game. If you were at home I can say it is fine as you can only see what camera crew was showing. In person??? I even posted abt. seeing an upset and some poster here went apeshit.
I have to add here. Sorry I dont mean to offend you. All I want to say was it was BAD.

Last edited:

I’ve always been a fan of your program. I was shocked by this hire 2 years ago. We cut him loose after two year. We don’t have the kind of cash the big boys have. But we paid him big money (for us) to leave. Good luck. The faster you cut him loose the better you will be.

I’ve always been a fan of your program. I was shocked by this hire 2 years ago. We cut him loose after two year. We don’t have the kind of cash the big boys have but for us, paid him big money to leave. Good luck. The faster you cut home loose the better you will be.

[URL unfurl="true
Sometimes arrogant coaches got served what they deserve. If they are top of the world (2019 season), some coaches thought they are Nick Saban 2.0. Thus they can resurrect their buddy career. PJ forgot his job is not to TLC his buddy career. So he is getting served.

Last edited:

Last Gopher drive ending with the FG (which meant nothing more than a little field position...)

One more 1st down, or TD you ice the game.

You bring Cole Kramer into the game on 1st and 10 to run the Wildcat, letting a good defensive line know within 95% certainty what the play will be. THREE times in a row!

THAT was lunacy.

Yeah, I know we won, but you are just asking for lightning to strike and end up in OT.

That 3 play set cements my opinion of our OC.

Kramer getting forced out of bounds saved Purdue timeout and gave them time. Morgan not knowing the rule about the slide thst stalled that drive. Sanford is QB coach and he has some obvious stuff to go over with players. Could have done a better job calling more intermediate passes. Seems like playcalling not giving the Gophers best chance to win. Weatger was bad today and we were loading up and throwing a few to many bombs. Didn't like three straight Wildcat plays when trying to finish, to predictable.

So the battle of titans between Mike Sanford and Bob Diaco, Mike Sanford came out on top again. MS 2 BD 0

Who is we? I was at the game as well. Did you really think we would win the game? Wow is the word I have for you. Didn't you watch the field to see how pathetic they had been all game. If you were at home I can say it is fine as you can only see what camera crew was showing. In person??? I even posted abt. seeing an upset and some poster here went apeshit.
I have to add here. Sorry I dont mean to offend you. All I want to say was it was BAD.
Gawd, get this bug off my windshield!

Good win yesterday. But it was two completely different offenses from first half to second. Was Simon calling plays in first half cause it resembled 2019 Morgan throwing and smoothness of offense. Then second half started and it all went to crap 💩 in every aspect of the offense! Still believe Sanford needs to be fired ASAP

PJ is hiding plays and rolling in fake offenses to fool each of the upcoming opponents. You’ll see

Good win yesterday. But it was two completely different offenses from first half to second. Was Simon calling plays in first half cause it resembled 2019 Morgan throwing and smoothness of offense. Then second half started and it all went to crap 💩 in every aspect of the offense! Still believe Sanford needs to be fired ASAP
I suspect play calling in the 2nd half came from those two picks and the D playing well. They started the 2nd half aggressive but then went super conservative after the picks. I agree though, play calling was otherwise very improved up until that point. I’m not going to complain much about a win against NE as underdogs.

I suspect play calling in the 2nd half came from those two picks and the D playing well. They started the 2nd half aggressive but then went super conservative after the picks. I agree though, play calling was otherwise very improved up until that point. I’m not going to complain much about a win against NE as underdogs.
Exactly. The good (and lucky) Morgan was present all first half. The not so good (and unlucky) Morgan opened the second half with 2 INTs. When that transformation occurs, PJ or OC takes the foot off the accelerator, throws away half the play book, and falls back on brute power--and a really good defense. It worked.

So, Matt Simon called the first half, and Sanford called the 2nd half.

Top Bottom