FIRE COYLE!!!!!! If he has hired Ben Johnson

Passing over Smith and Medved is an odd choice at best. He better be right.
Do we know for a fact that he passed on them? Could they have been offered and turned it down or not been interested in the first place? Lot of posters acting like they know exactly how this all went down with no proof to back anything up.

Do we know for a fact that he passed on them? Could they have been offered and turned it down or not been interested in the first place? Lot of posters acting like they know exactly how this all went down with no proof to back anything up.
This has been asked in about 6 different threads. It's pretty well known that he interviewed Smith, that Smith wanted the job and he passed on him.

I don't know if that's the case with Medved, but it was reported that he would interview and I don't know if he even got the chance to. Most coaches won't interview for a job they're not interested in. See Dennis Gates.

The shock has worn off..... (you can tell by the IF in the title that it was a knee jerk reaction to the rumors).

Ben has passed the initial tests as he is introduced to the pubic.

Sure hope he works out and leads the U to the top. Ben Johnson is our coach.

Ski-U-Mah

For some of you, you always want a yellow brick road laid out just for you. Relax, allow Johnson to do his job. How do you think recruits react when they see all the posts? You folks maybe part of the problem. Yet we may have many more trolls on here than I realize.

This is a really good point. We hear about Ben Johnson's AAU connections, but I think it can't be overstated how important connections within the Gopherhole poster community are. These kids got parents, friends, coaches, and recruiters in their ears, but it is all white noise. Kids aren't going to make a decision based on facilities or national championship aspirations. You can walk a kid like Chet Holmgren through a facility and talk to him about Big 10 championships, but ultimately he is going to do what every level headed person would do when faced with a major life decision.

He is going to log on to Gopherhole and check to see what short ornery norwegian, Spottedmuskie, and JimmyJamesMD think he should do.

This is a really good point. We hear about Ben Johnson's AAU connections, but I think it can't be overstated how important connections within the Gopherhole poster community are. These kids got parents, friends, coaches, and recruiters in their ears, but it is all white noise. Kids aren't going to make a decision based on facilities or national championship aspirations. You can walk a kid like Chet Holmgren through a facility and talk to him about Big 10 championships, but ultimately he is going to do what every level headed person would do when faced with a major life decision.

He is going to log on to Gopherhole and check to see what short ornery norwegian, Spottedmuskie, and JimmyJamesMD think he should do.
No he is going to listen to the proven head coaches that have put dozens of players in the NBA who tell him why would you trust your future and millions of dollars to an unproven coach instead of me. Every experienced coach out there has this at their disposal to recruit against Ben based on his lack of experience.

Top Bottom