Ferguson a three star

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
This is beautiful, Rivals ranked Sean Ferguson a 5.5 three star- exactly the same as Beau Allen. Like I said before about Allen, no big loss there.

Why are his offers so bad, I dont get it. If he really is a 5.5 3 star he would have more offers. Hopefully Brew and Crew just beat everyone to him, because I really don't care what rating a guy has, there is no difference between a 5.4 and a 5.6 to me.

Plus, Ferguson is so big, he can play both tackle positions. At the same time.

And, FYI, Sean Ferguson doesn't sleep. He waits.

I hope Ferguson turns out to be a beast. However given Allen's offers (Wisconsin, ND, Michigan, Nebraska, Stanford, UCLA, Iowa) I'd much rather have him than Ferguson (Rhode Island and Kent State), despite the fact that they are both 3* 5.5's

Lets revist this topic in three years and see how the recruits are managing. I am glad we have young Mr Ferguson on board.

This is beautiful, Rivals ranked Sean Ferguson a 5.5 three star- exactly the same as Beau Allen. Like I said before about Allen, no big loss there.

It's even better than you think, Pete. Ferguson is ranked 39 in the top 50 prep players so he get bonus points. So, he is actually worth more points than Beau. :)

That will make up a little for green not getting a position ranking despite being a 4*

what? did you look in the mirror and FINALLY realize just how pathetic you and your fellow becky fans really are? how your team still has not won a national championship in over 120 years?

i am sure this is a difficult time for you. let us know how we can help you through your "journey".

:)

BadgerBoy should go post on his own board, These posts are so full of thought he should share them with the Sconnies as they might be able to actually read them.

It's even better than you think, Pete. Ferguson is ranked 39 in the top 50 prep players so he get bonus points. So, he is actually worth more points than Beau. :)

Nice catch Harold. Looks like the are updating the rankings but that he will wind up at #39.

You can't eat sizzle...

We should be very pleased with ourselves to get a player the caliber of Ferguson.

The only difference between a Ford Expedition and a Lincoln Navigator is flash. They are in reality the exact same vehicle.

Same with Ferguson and Allen. One just has more sizzle but I believe Ferguson will be every bit as good as Allen if not better!!

Beau Allen certainly would have been a nice commitment.

But this series of events underscores what's wrong with the theory that everything would be great if Minnesota could just "lock down the borders". Sure, having a certain % of the team call somewhere within a half-day's drive is desireable for several reasons. But in most years, decent recruiting should make it possible to replace any single in-state recruit that decides they want to go somewhere out-of-state with guys from the Coasts or the South (where HS football is played at a much higher level). The sense of loss is usually far more significant to people than the actual effect.

Obviously having the #1 recruit in the country produces a huge exception to that rule. It is very rare Minnesota will be in the running for such a prized recruit as Henderson without having the "hometown angle" to add to the package.

Is it just me, or is Rivals updating our player's ratings faster than they have in the past? If it is true, is it due to increased subscribers of Gopher fans to Rivals, or are they rating more prospects in general?

Hyaluronic~

I think it is combination of both. Since Brew has been hired, the Gopher traffic on rivals has had to triple. However, it seems like people in general are following recruiting a lot closer nowadays, so i'd imagine rivals is getting everyone's quicker.

I know nothing about this kid, but I wonder if the offer sheets aren't related to the ability to get the kid enrolled in school.

The only difference between a Ford Expedition and a Lincoln Navigator is flash. They are in reality the exact same vehicle.

This is a horrible analogy. Just because they are the same mechanically does not mean they are the same. The Navigator has many premium features not available on the Expedition, and people are obviously willing to pay more for them.

This is like saying that Adam Weber and Brett Favre are the same because they are both carbon-based life forms who play QB.

I know nothing about this kid, but I wonder if the offer sheets aren't related to the ability to get the kid enrolled in school.

He went to an apparently highly regarded prep school, so I'm guessing he has pretty decent grades. My guess is that not as many D1 coaches are checking out the prep school scene compared to public schools.

This is the funny thing about rankings. Ferguson was unranked, now he is a 3 star, 5.5 or whatever. If they said he was a 2 star, 5.3 or whatever, he would be the same player. He will succeed or fail at Minnesota based on his ablility and the coaches ability to maximize his talent. Whatever number he was assigned is meaningless.

This is the funny thing about rankings. Ferguson was unranked, now he is a 3 star, 5.5 or whatever. If they said he was a 2 star, 5.3 or whatever, he would be the same player. He will succeed or fail at Minnesota based on his ablility and the coaches ability to maximize his talent. Whatever number he was assigned is meaningless.

This is a new and unique take from you. I have not heard this previously. Please tell me more.

Is it just me, or is Rivals updating our player's ratings faster than they have in the past? If it is true, is it due to increased subscribers of Gopher fans to Rivals, or are they rating more prospects in general?

Rivals is doing a better job of updating rankings.

In this particular case, our boy Fergy was bumped up (big time) just because he was offered (and accepted) a scholly to MN.

3 stars because of his size and MN offer. 5.5 rating because no one else offered him. Easy way to rate someone they have NO FILM on.

Over on www.gopherillustrated.com (Makes a great Christmas gift!) the anti Brewster crowd are sure there's a conspiracy by the rating services to inflate Brewster's recruits and make him look better than they want him to look. It's pretty amusing.

Over on www.gopherillustrated.com (Makes a great Christmas gift!) the anti Brewster crowd are sure there's a conspiracy by the rating services to inflate Brewster's recruits and make him look better than they want him to look. It's pretty amusing.

Why would Rivals care if Brewster's recruits look good? Seems like they'd be much more invested in making other schools' recruits look good, like the OSUs, NDs,, Floridas of the world.

Plus, a guy like Hawkins who committed here, with the offers he got, should have been easy to bump up to a 4 star at least. Plus, Gjere wouldn't have dropped from a 5.9 to a 5.8 for apparently no reason.

This is a new and unique take from you. I have not heard this previously. Please tell me more.

The offer list for Ferguson will get quite better. Following tradition, now that Minnesota has offered, Wisconsin will too!:D

Why would Rivals care if Brewster's recruits look good? Seems like they'd be much more invested in making other schools' recruits look good, like the OSUs, NDs,, Floridas of the world.

Plus, a guy like Hawkins who committed here, with the offers he got, should have been easy to bump up to a 4 star at least. Plus, Gjere wouldn't have dropped from a 5.9 to a 5.8 for apparently no reason.

Gjere got worse after the season ended. That is why he dropped. I have heard the U may pull the schollie based on the drop and based on the fact that he is not a 4 star recruit per ESPN.

Good try GV, he'll stay right here at the U of M where he wants to be, with a schollie. The upside for this kid is incredible, 5.8 or 5.9 who cares.

Gjere got worse after the season ended. That is why he dropped. I have heard the U may pull the schollie based on the drop and based on the fact that he is not a 4 star recruit per ESPN.

Heh. That was funny.

I've decided I enjoy about 30% of your posts. I still despise you, though.

Have a happy holiday.

Heh. That was funny.

I've decided I enjoy about 30% of your posts. I still despise you, though.

Have a happy holiday.

Maybe I can work on that next year and get up to 40%.

Happy Holidays to you as well.

I saw a story on Gjere on Channel 11, he certainly passes the eye test. Looks a little like Joe Thomas. He could put on 30-40 pounds and have no fat on him still. Would not surprise me at all if he was a 3 year starter at the U. The point is, who gives a crap what he is rated, he has all the potential in the world.

GVBadger....

I thought Allen was a solid 3*** or 4**** recruit depending on what site you look at. But then you look at his tape posted by Rivals and I can see why Rivals gave him a low rating of 5.5.
Go on the Badgers Rival's site and you can get a 7 day free trial if you don't want to pay the 9.95.
What you see is Beau getting his ass whipped by a 180# center. I have not seen tape on Ferguson as yet so the jury is out. Based on what I saw I'm not shedding any crocadile tears over losing Allen.

Top Bottom