Favor to ask the fans in Minnesota, in your state, that still follow Highschool

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
The Triple Option is still run by a lot of highschools in one formation or another.

If you attend highschool games, even if your team doesnt run the option, but come across a great option QB would you please post his name and school to me at [email protected] so that I can pass it along to GSU recruiters. THeir are to many great option players that slip through GSUs sights.

Thanks
TALON
AS you can see GSU gets about the same amount of 3 star players as we did in FCS.

Last edited:

Why wouldn't Gopher fans notify the Minnesota coaching staff that there's a great option QB they should look at for RB or DB?

Why wouldn't Gopher fans notify the Minnesota coaching staff that there's a great option QB they should look at for RB or DB?

Main reason is that some Option QBs want to remain a QB and dont want to give that up. By all means if the gophers can pick one up as a half back then do so.

In all honesty has anyone on this board notified a coach about a player save for that QB from TG

Last edited:

Whats Lorga?

Seems we have to go to your state to find a lot of our players. I’m just saying a high end triple option QB probably won’t be found in the Land of 10,000 frozen Lakes. If there ever is one, they’ll be easy to find.

In all honesty has anyone on this board notified a coach about a player save for thay QB from TG

I dont want you to notify a collage coach, just me if you hear or read about a great option QB.
Main reason is that some Option QBs want to remain a QB and dont want to give that up. By all means if the gophers can pick one up as a half back then do so.

Here is an example of what I'm talking abot. Tracy Ham was offered a Running Back posisition at Florida and 2 other P5 schools. He wanted to remain an option QB and ended up being GSC & best QB in GSC/GSU history. He not only exicuted the Flex Option to perfection but could pass. At the time the Run and Shoot was added to the Flex arsinal.

This is how the TRUE SPREAD OR FLEX OPTION SHOULD BE RUN!

I ask you to watch the last 4 minututes og GSCs 1985 NC. Tracy Ham threw for 400 yards in the second half because Furman had shut down the option in the first half. If you dont like this comeback then you dont like comebacks!!!!! *****(STARTING AT 3min 44 sec)***

Last edited:

There are a few MN teams that run heavy option offenses. Some QB's end up playing other positions if athletic and some are just smart at making the right reads and aren't D1 athletes.

There are a few MN teams that run heavy option offenses. Some QB's end up playing other positions if athletic and some are just smart at making the right reads and aren't D1 athletes.

Can you give me the names of the schools you speek of?

Well, I can't think of any option QBs up here on the Iron Range of MN. Too many of us Slavs up here. As a general rule, we don't have very quick feet unless they are in a pair of ice skates.

As far as the 6A schools (biggest 32 in the state), I can't think of any that run the triple option. Elk River (5A) and Lakeville South (6A) run the full house-T referenced above, but that's the early version of the 1960s Delaware Wing-T (which tons of MN schools were running in the 80s-early 00s).

As far as the 6A schools (biggest 32 in the state), I can't think of any that run the triple option. Elk River (5A) and Lakeville South (6A) run the full house-T referenced above, but that's the early version of the 1960s Delaware Wing-T (which tons of MN schools were running in the 80s-early 00s).

I think Shakopee ran a version of the option. Not sure if triple, double, single or Grand Slam option though.

I think Shakopee ran a version of the option. Not sure if triple, double, single or Grand Slam option though.

I haven't seen them play the past two years, so I didn't mention them. However, they had a QB in the class of '18 that impressed me enough that I sent his name to my alma mater. (They're a D3 school that was running triple option at the time, and I know the HC personally.) . I think they got away from it since then, but I don't know for sure.

Spring Lake Park has been efficiently running the triple option for as far back as I remember

I haven't seen them play the past two years, so I didn't mention them. However, they had a QB in the class of '18 that impressed me enough that I sent his name to my alma mater. (They're a D3 school that was running triple option at the time, and I know the HC personally.) . I think they got away from it since then, but I don't know for sure.
I think they ran spread in 2018. Switched to option in 2019. QB is a junior going to be a senior. They throw the ball some. Can't speak as to whether the QB is better than the Totino Grace QB, but they did beat them in the playoffs it appears.

The Triple Option is still run by a lot of highschools in one formation or another.

If you attend highschool games, even if your team doesnt run the option, but come across a great option QB would you please post his name and school to me at [email protected] so that I can pass it along to GSU recruiters. THeir are to many great option players that slip through GSUs sights.

Thanks
TALON
AS you can see GSU gets about the same amount of 3 star players as we did in FCS.
Do you need any hockey players?

Only if they can play on roller blades and play in our gym! :)

Doesn't Wayzata play the RPO just like the Gophers?

My school ran the wishbone when I played. I remember every guy on the team with a good GPA would get the rubber stamped letter from the Air Force Academy. My only D1 letter.

Some really run heavy teams Elk River, Spring Lake Park, Shakopee, Lakeville South, St. Croix Lutheran, East Ridge and Eden Prairie. Not all are triple option.

Top Bottom