Favor to ask the fans in Minnesota, in your state, that still follow Highschool

Talon,

It just dawned on me that Chisago Lakes HS has run the triple option for years. I'm assuming they still are, but I don't know for sure. They are typically average to an above average 5A (2nd biggest) program. I don't ever see them play though.

I'll pass it on in a few days

Thanks Ol'Stack

I received this Email from coach Coach Isaac Nelson from Dassel-Cokato of MI. He would make a GREAT option QB! I sent it on to our HC, OC and high school recruiter.

Its all because of the fans on this board. DON'T STEAL HIM AS A RUNNING BACK!

We have a player that is one of the best players we have had in our program's history. Sanders Asplin has been playing QB for us this season, and is a key player in our success leading us to play in the State Championship. Sanders is excellent running the triple option veer, and midline.

Up till this season, Sanders has been playing WR and was 4 receptions short of the school record for career receptions. Sanders is also a stand out kicker and punter, where he has been doing both since his freshman year.

Award and Honors:
2019 District MVP
2019 District QB of the year
2019 District Special Teams Player of the Year.

Sanders was a finalist for Minnesota Mr. Football.

2018 All District WR
2018 District Special Teams Player of the Year
2017 All-District honorable mention

2019 Statistics:

Rushing:953 Yards on 146 attempts
6.5 yards per carry
11 touchdowns
Passing: 891 yards with 58% completion
6 touchdowns

Special Teams:
Averaging 45 yards per punt.

Sanders is also a great young man and student in the classroom. Sanders has a 3.95 GPA.
I can promise you one thing by recruiting him. You are getting an all-around football player, and you will not regret recruiting him.

Sincerely,
Coach Isaac Nelson
Assistant Football Coach
:)

Here is a link to his HUDL page

^

I assume you watched the highlights. Do you think he’s fast enough?

Its not only top speed in the 40 yard dash, but making the right option calls and acceleration from the LOS. Watch him out run the secondary & yes he is plenty fast enough. He looks like he has the calls down, the acceleration and a muti-purpose player on both sides of the ball. 6.5 yards per carry a 58% completion rate and watch the film again for breakaway speed and bouncing off tackers. The only problem I have with the video is I didn't see how he handled the option hand off or pitch keys!!!!

Also note that he runs the option from many formations.

Is he the best option QB? I don't know but he has a great potential to be.

Last edited:

Top Bottom