Ezra: An Insane Number of Schools Tried to Lure Mike Mitchell Jr. Out of Dinkytown with Big NIL Offers

If he wants to increase his volume, he could fart when he shoots threes...
And that might also increase his vertical....
Would expelling all of that gas decrease his volume?

12th in a 14-team league would put him among the team-leaders in BIG10.
"ELITE" is a self-defined adjective.
Elite means one of the best...he is very good but he is not one of the best. Hell he wasn't even the best on the Gophers Christie was in conference games. And according some geniuses around here Cam was not elite so if he wasn't Mitchell for sure wasnt!

"Self defined" means that "elite" could mean top 1% to you or top 99% to me or top xx% to anyone else.

Elite means one of the best...he is very good but he is not one of the best. Hell he wasn't even the best on the Gophers Christie was in conference games. And according some geniuses around here Cam was not elite so if he wasn't Mitchell for sure wasnt!
My point is that it’s not surprising a 40% 3 point shooter who averaged 10/3/3 in the B1G conference would get looks elsewhere.

40% from 3 on 5 attempts per game qualifies as a high level shooter in the NBA let alone college basketball. And other programs might appreciate that more than some folks in here, which is crazy considering how people constantly complained about Pitino not recruiting enough shooting

And what would he stand to gain by becoming an adult "tattle tail"? Even if him doing so would start to bring about the change you mentioned, he'll be out of NCAA competition by the time anything is ever done about it, if at all.

On the other hand, he might have something to lose, and that's the respect of the athletes he competes with. They are all getting paid more money than they probably otherwise would by taking advantage of this "tampering". If he helps stop it, and keeps players from earning more by transferring, I'd suspect he might take a hard foul or ten per game. Look at how Caitlin Clark is getting beat up in the WNBA - I'm not sure why, but she must've done something to someone.
First part of what you wrote is what he would gain by coming forward but that probably isn't that important to most players and the second part probably plays into why they don't say anything.

Which is exactly what the system counts on and why it is allowed to keep going the way it is with programs blatantly doing things against the rules. It will never change until people are willing to put themselves out there and call out the people and programs that are cheating. Who knows if that will ever actually happen.

You went a little off the rails with the Caitlin Clark part though :)

My point is that it’s not surprising a 40% 3 point shooter who averaged 10/3/3 in the B1G conference would get looks elsewhere.

40% from 3 on 5 attempts per game qualifies as a high level shooter in the NBA let alone college basketball. And other programs might appreciate that more than some folks in here, which is crazy considering how people constantly complained about Pitino not recruiting enough shooting
Great post!

You do agree that Payne & Hawkins left for money, correct? We at least have that straight, right?

And that Christie would have transferred.

And that Garcia stayed for much less money than he could have gotten.

As for the exact numbers...no they're not officially disclosed. But we get a pretty good idea from all the media reports, rumors, 2nd-hand witnesses, coaches comments, etc., etc.
How would I know this is true? This is a bunch of voodoo shit… there’s been no confirmation from a legit source that there’s been any source of money. As far as I know they’re all getting Bitcoin for Christ sakes!

How would I know this is true? This is a bunch of voodoo shit… there’s been no confirmation from a legit source that there’s been any source of money. As far as I know they’re all getting Bitcoin for Christ sakes!
They just pulled it out of where Coyle was hiding it.......

Where is Coyle hiding the NIL $$?
Like we were saying...Coyle could run for a high political office.

With the motto of: It's not my fault. I'm assessing the situation. And I don't know where any of the money is.

Maybe Coyle & Johnson are getting Bitcoin too. Have you see their paperwork?

Maybe Coyle & Johnson are getting Bitcoin too. Have you see their paperwork?
What they hell does that have to do with anything. They have contracts. The rest of this is all pure speculation. Get a grip! Nobody knows. Especially you, what kind of numbers we are talking about for any individual player.

What they hell does that have to do with anything. They have contracts. The rest of this is all pure speculation. Get a grip! Nobody knows. Especially you, what kind of numbers we are talking about for any individual player.
Just tell Pilgrim to go fvck the Mayflower!
He destroys every discussion on this board!

Last edited:

Just tell Pilgrim to go fvck the Mayflower!
He destroys every discussion on this board!
So you're siding with the guys who won't even acknowledge that Payne & Hawkins left for money.

No wonder we can never agree on anything in here.

So you're siding with the guys who won't even acknowledge that Payne & Hawkins left for money.

No wonder we can never agree on anything in here.
I am not siding with them!
I am just siding against YOU!
I don't care who wins your stupid arguments!
I would just like to read discussions that don't continually degenerate into shit-fights.

Top Bottom