***Exhibition Gameday Thread - New Look Gophers VS Concordia St.Paul****

I'm excited about this season! I live two hours down the road from Gonzaga and won't have to suffer through this season of an awful Gopher program. Maybe in a couple years? Probably won't still be above ground.

So you're telling me we couldn't get one big to transfer here this offseason?

(Haven't really been following the program since the Pitino firing -- not that I disagreed with it or anything, just seems like this year will be a blip)

Edit: Seems like we got someone named Daniels, why didn't he play?
He played a fair amount ...15 minutes or so.

Enjoyed being back but really hated the obnoxious PA guy!!!!!!
Jamie might have needed a sub. What annoyed you about last night's announcer?

loud loud loud and overly exuberant

Did Curry play the whole second half? I am confused who is playing in our front court. Can someone break down the minutes.
not sure if you’ll be able to see it….sorry….not working.

Attachments

• 39121A51-B021-451A-A4FE-296E93024523.png
    39121A51-B021-451A-A4FE-296E93024523.png
    217 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/67/07/105D44F8-6295-43FB-A2AD-F9BA52871414/20211101093634-1976868.pdf

not sure if you’ll be able to see it
That's trying to point to a file location on your phone from a SMS message. You gotta upload that to some place on the internet to link it here. Might be able to directly upload a file to gopherhole as well.

EDIT: I see it now

Last edited:

Turbulence can easily lift you out of your seat and smash your head into the overhead bin. Easily. And in no way is a threat to the plane. By all means, smash your head. It's not like that kind of idiocy is contagious.

Seat belts on airplanes don't do anything, but I buckle up. I think sometimes the illusion of safety matters to people and it's not a big inconvenience for me to play along.
This isn't the same and it is being done for a different purpose. I only wish it were about safety. I'd be happy to do it if so... Ah well.

This isn't the same and it is being done for a different purpose. I only wish it were about safety. I'd be happy to do it if so... Ah well.
I don't think it's about safety, I get what's happening here. However, I do think for some people it's the illusion of safety. I think the mandates are politically motivated, no doubt. However, I think for some people, they just don't want to get sick and they believe this will help. If my wearing of a mask makes the person to the right of me more comfortable (regardless of if I think it should), it really doesn't put me out.

These are strange times and I really do wish there was more open dialogue about a lot of it (masks, vaccines, origins, risks). That said, as people, politics aside, I can wear a mask if the person to the right of me prefers it.

That they do nothing is inaccurate. Whether they should be enforced at games is debatable, but it is not a big deal. If you have a sincere issue with masks, just don't come to the games then man.
Heard of U of M Michael T. Osterholm, Ph.D., is a Regents Professor and McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health and director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy? Osterholm admitted that typical paper masks are ineffective and suggested that Americans may need to switch to heavier duty N-95 masks to battle the new wave of cases.

State owned buildings?

Perhaps this has nothing to do with the athletic department and more to do with our woke University. That might be more correct. Either way, it's ridiculous. Masks do nothing and people are done with this nonsense.

Responding as you did, isn't going to change my opinion or stop me from voicing it where and when I please.
The good thing is they’re not enforcing it. I put my mask on when I had my ticket scanned, then once I was in the concourse took it off and never put it on again. No one said a word, and my seat my is located right where a couple ushers stand the entire game. When it gets right down to it, my impression was people were there to watch the game, not virtue signal. I pray I it remains that way for the entire season.

The good thing is they’re not enforcing it. I put my mask on when I had my ticket scanned, then once I was in the concourse took it off and never put it on again. No one said a word, and my seat my is located right where a couple ushers stand the entire game. When it gets right down to it, my impression was people were there to watch the game, not virtue signal. I pray I it remains that way for the entire season.
I think you’re confused on who is “virtue signaling” in the scenario you just presented.

Anyone read the post game conference? There are some parts that are eye opening like this “Even today. We had a meeting about who is in charge of what during the game. It is what it is.”
You would think this wouldnt be a game day conversation. Very interesting.

. You want to be perfect but you just aren’t going to be this year. But we showed growth from our scrimmage (vs Oklahoma).

Guessing that scrimmage didnt go so well

I bet we lose 1 to the "cupcakes" but that's ok. If they get through them undefeated I'd be pretty happy. If they lose more than 1 I'd be worried about going winless in the Big Ten.

I bet we lose 1 to the "cupcakes" but that's ok. If they get through them undefeated I'd be pretty happy. If they lose more than 1 I'd be worried about going winless in the Big Ten.
Would you consider Asheville to be in the cupcakes?

Would you consider Asheville to be in the cupcakes?
You mean Western Kentucky? No I'd consider them a step up. I'd say Kansas City, Fort Wayne, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Corpus Christi and Alcorn. I think the Gophers are more talented than all those teams but not by a large enough margin that they can have a bad game and win like most years.

You mean Western Kentucky? No I'd consider them a step up. I'd say Kansas City, Fort Wayne, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Corpus Christi and Alcorn. I think the Gophers are more talented than all those teams but not by a large enough margin that they can have a bad game and win like most years.
The Asheville tournament. We get to play two games, regardless? Or if we lose to WKU we're done?

Oops, totally missed Alcorn and Green Bay. Yes I would put those in with the KC, Fort Wayne, etc. group, as well.

Anyone read the post game conference? There are some parts that are eye opening like this “Even today. We had a meeting about who is in charge of what during the game. It is what it is.”
You would think this wouldnt be a game day conversation. Very interesting.

. You want to be perfect but you just aren’t going to be this year. But we showed growth from our scrimmage (vs Oklahoma).

Guessing that scrimmage didnt go so well

Putting that in context - Johnson was making the point that this is a new team and a new coaching staff, and they are still working things out - for instance, during games, when there is a time out, what should each coach be doing. That just doesn't happen by magic - you have to have a plan.

Johnson also talked about the fact that the entire team and coaching staff - due to NCAA restrictions on off-season work - have only been working together for a relatively short time. again, with an entirely new team and new staff, it takes time to work out duties and responsibilities to be as efficient as possible in practice and during games. this is a work in progress.

DON’T do this on one of the Sports Boards.
You will have to resign yourself to the fact that some people simply cannot help themselves. Their whole identity is to agitate and draw reactions from annonymous people. Whether it is low self-esteem searching for validation or an over-inflated sense of self-worth trying to get you to see their greatness, attempting to appeal to them will only make it worse.

Releasing the bail...............

The Asheville tournament. We get to play two games, regardless? Or if we lose to WKU we're done?
No. They play either the winner or loser of South Carolina/Princeton. So if we lose to WKU we likely get Princeton.

Top Bottom