Everyone

calminnfan

Reaction score
We were told before the season began it was going to be a pretty rough year...it will take more then a few games to right the team...give Kill and his coaches the time they need. This outcome is not unexpected...The coaching staff has had the perfect storm of difficulties to deal with...

You expected them to be down 31-0 in the first half?

A "rough year" and this debacle are completely different. This is a absolute embarrassment.

We were told before the season began it was going to be a pretty rough year...it will take more then a few games to right the team...give Kill and his coaches the time they need. This outcome is not unexpected...The coaching staff has had the perfect storm of difficulties to deal with...

So lets' keep running the ball up the middle and taking stupid penalties. That will confirm Kill's prediction.

Sorry, but I could coach them to a 38-0 halftime deficit.

Did not expect the avalanche of penalties with all the tough talk of "discipline."

The 1 sack in 4 1/2 games is also a bit concerning.

I'm shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you) that Michigan is up 38-0 against a team that COULD HAVE BEEN 4-0 going into this game!

I guess it is better for inexperienced players who have no idea how to get it done to play with reckless abandon, multiply turnovers, confidence absolutely demolished...just what they need...

Indiana, with a new coach, is tied with PSU at the end of the half, 3-3. Minnesota, with a new coach, is down 38-0. Indiana has been a perennial doormat. We have had more recent success.

None of Brew's recruits bought into Kill, and here we are.

I agree with you. He told us it could be a long one, but I didn't want to believe it. I looked at our depth charts and rosters today, and we lack on the lines; plain and simple. Our o-line is Sr. that would not play on any decent team and Freshman (including true) and Sophomores. Our starting DE are both FR. That cannot happen. WE NEED LINE PLAY TO BE ANY GOOD! Our DE have no contain or pass rush (essentially making them worthless) and our DT do not take up blocks very well and have no push. I would be pretty happy 3/4 of this recruiting class being lineman because we have to get better on the lines. I know the secondary sucks but if we had any Dline play, they couldn't be exploited quite as much. I want to fast forward two years, I am tired of this crap.

I love the sky is falling attitude on here. This guy has coached five games so far and people are already calling for his head. I guess he was supposed to have turn this team around by now. He flat out said that this team is in for a bad season, but apparently no one believed him

Indiana, with a new coach, is tied with PSU at the end of the half, 3-3. Minnesota, with a new coach, is down 38-0. Indiana has been a perennial doormat. We have had more recent success.

None of Brew's recruits bought into Kill, and here we are.

Does anyone else think that a lot of Brew's recruits may have some attitude problems. Like they were attracted to Brew's style because it was style over substance and they weren't exactly into working hard. Watching the games, there is no shortage of attitude and feeling sorry for themselves.

Does anyone else think that a lot of Brew's recruits may have some attitude problems. Like they were attracted to Brew's style because it was style over substance and they weren't exactly into working hard. Watching the games, there is no shortage of attitude and feeling sorry for themselves.

I think this may very well be true.

Announcer: "Minnesota lacking technique, fundementals, and dicipline." NICE!!!!!!!!! Now its 45-0 with 6 min. left in the 3rd quarter.

It'd be one thing if it was just a lack of talent that was beating us and the players were prepared and disciplined, but it's been more than that. The coaches seem to be doing just as poorly as the players at preparation during the week and game management.

Just got a text message from a buddy who is about the brashest trash talking Michigan fan I've ever met.

He doesn't even try to get me riled up anymore. He feels genuinely bad for me and sends condolences.

I'm not quite sure if that's better or worse than trash talk.

The New Mexico State game was the key: we were made to look bad by a perennial loser and made their QB look like a Heisman candidate. Then were outplayed by NDSU. We could go 0-8 in the Big Ten this year. The team has no hustle, little in the way of smarts, little discipline, is sloppy, makes continual mistakes and shows little or no fire. These coaches are worse than Horton and Mason, as bad or worse than Brewster - and if there are ongoing health issues for Kill, that will impact recruiting in time.

BS. The games are being poorly coached and the team is somehow worse than last year. Kill has been very underwhelming so far.

BS. The games are being poorly coached and the team is somehow worse than last year. Kill has been very underwhelming so far.

right...how could I say something that might possibly conflict with your opinion...you surely know all there is to know about coaching and where the Gophers should be at this time...

Michigan Game

At least the boys in maroon and gold were able to make a game of it and keep it close!

Self-fulfilling prophecy. You keep telling yourself and your players (not just in practice but to the media over and over again) that you're not talented, lack discipline, etc, what do you expect to happen. It's like me lining over a putt and my inner self knows I going to miss the putt. Sure enough, I miss the putt. Surprise!

I'm not saying Kill has to lie to the players and tell them they're all future HOF'ers but if I had a dime for everytime Kill ripped this team during an interview, I'd be Bill Gates rich.

I am going to have to agree with everything I have read here and seen this season. WAY to much complaining and whining to officials during game. SEE: Da'jon McKnight.

Also, either they are just terrible, or they do not want to play at all. I do not get it.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. You keep telling yourself and your players (not just in practice but to the media over and over again) that you're not talented, lack discipline, etc, what do you expect to happen. It's like me lining over a putt and my inner self knows I going to miss the putt. Sure enough, I miss the putt. Surprise!

I'm not saying Kill has to lie to the players and tell them they're all future HOF'ers but if I had a dime for everytime Kill ripped this team during an interview, I'd be Bill Gates rich.

Curtis Thomas is a big time Big Ten safety. Harold Howell is one of the most dynamic players I have ever seen.

Curtis Thomas is a big time Big Ten safety. Harold Howell is one of the most dynamic players I have ever seen.

Eric Decker is one of the best WRs in the country.

Beyond that, please reread my last paragraph.

I love the sky is falling attitude on here. This guy has coached five games so far and people are already calling for his head. I guess he was supposed to have turn this team around by now. He flat out said that this team is in for a bad season, but apparently no one believed him

False choice, dude. You must be a politician. The choice isn't between turning the team around in 5 games and being an embarrassment to the "m", the University, the state, the fans and themselves. There is a middle ground. By the way, Jeff Horton had 2 games

How about...
"We've got alot of things to work on. We've got some parts. We just have to put it together as a team."

instead of...
"You can't coach toughness. We're not tough enough."

or
"It's going to take a couple of years to get the talent in here to be competitive."

If my parents kept on telling me how much I sucked, not just to my face but to my friends and neighbors as well, I might start to believe them and get down on myself and resent my parents.

Top Bottom