EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Every. Single. One.

Every single freshman is a potential 20+ point per night guy. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Sit your asses tight. This is going to be a fantastic team - there is not a recruiting miss on the freshman squad - and I can't remember when I could last say that. Hell, I think even the freshman are starting to realize just how good they are. The squad just needs a serious big man or two and their freshman to turn into sophomores, and watch out.

All you assholes who can't see it, keep naysaying. Pitino and co. recruited a class with no misses, he's developing them, and it's obvious. Dorsey - he's got a rocket up his ass! McBrayer - long, fast and mean. Murphy - instincts and ability off the charts. Gilbert - going to crush people.

And Mason. I think we've seen the waking of a giant. He's turning into a leader. Calm. Cerebral. He scores. He defends. He does everything. All around, he's better than Andre.

The Goph's are on the verge of something special. Sit back, watch, and revel (with booze). Good times are ahead.

Oh yeah - for the Pitino critics: you're wrong. I get your skepticism, but you're wrong. Full stop.

Not one shooter in the group though. That's the biggest miss.

Coffey and Hurt should help in that regard though hopefully.

Gilbert might be that shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not one shooter in the group though. That's the biggest miss. Coffey and Hurt should help in that regard though hopefully.

Agreed. And it's not like they need guys who shoot 45% from 3. Nope. Just a group of 34% shooters would be plenty to keep defenses honest. We have guys that are like 1 for 24 and that's a problem.

AND, he does have a shooter in this class - his name is Jarvis Johnson.

Every. Single. One. Every single freshman is a potential 20+ point per night guy. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Sit your asses tight. This is going to be a fantastic team - there is not a recruiting miss on the freshman squad - and I can't remember when I could last say that. Hell, I think even the freshman are starting to realize just how good they are. The squad just needs a serious big man or two and their freshman to turn into sophomores, and watch out. All you assholes who can't see it, keep naysaying. Pitino and co. recruited a class with no misses, he's developing them, and it's obvious. Dorsey - he's got a rocket up his ass! McBrayer - long, fast and mean. Murphy - instincts and ability off the charts. Gilbert - going to crush people. And Mason. I think we've seen the waking of a giant. He's turning into a leader. Calm. Cerebral. He scores. He defends. He does everything. All around, he's better than Andre. The Goph's are on the verge of something special. Sit back, watch, and revel (with booze). Good times are ahead. Oh yeah - for the Pitino critics: you're wrong. I get your skepticism, but you're wrong. Full stop.

Love the enthusiasm. Love the vision. Love your raw emotion. Hope it all comes to fruition.

"All you assholes" - really?! I mean really?

Go Gophers!!

I like it! People just need to step off the ledge and let the kids grow. I know how hard it is to see our beloved gophers struggle to win games, but haven't you seen improvement since the start of the season?! I know I have. Have you not seen the increased intenstity/effort out there every game? I know I have...if nothing else, just remember that baseball season is only a couple of weeks away!! :clap:

Long season..... It's not over yet, they are young so I am still expecting some real stinkers to come still, but I agree that there is definitely something to build on.

I don't think Gilbert is a 20 point threat, but he was improving before his injury.

I see this team emulating Louisville more and more, no shooters tons of hustle and points in the paint.

I agree with almost everything you said, although the Mason-Andre comparison might be a bit premature. My concern is the fact that we are a couple of solid big men away from being competitive. Where are these guys going to come from? There is no one over 6'8" in the next two recruiting classes. Having a surplus of talent at forward is great but to legitimately contend in the big ten we need a passable center. Maybe a couple guys will grow?

With the incoming recruits and the transfers, this team could put together a very solid 7-9 man rotation. I don't get the weekly consternation. After the Dakota games, it was clear it would be a long year. On Nov. 1, 2016 it won't matter if we won 7 or 15 games this year. Let the young kids play and enjoy the progress that is happening.

Not one shooter in the group though. That's the biggest miss.

Coffey and Hurt should help in that regard though hopefully.

That's my biggest concern for the next few years. We have so many slashers but we won't be able to take full advantage of their skills without being able to space the floor at all. We could really use a 3 and D guy in the next class.

This freshman class has the longest losing streak to open a Gopher Big Ten schedule in 93 years and we're "assholes" because we dare to question St. Richard and his divine recruiting powers. Awesome.

I agree with almost everything you said, although the Mason-Andre comparison might be a bit premature. My concern is the fact that we are a couple of solid big men away from being competitive. Where are these guys going to come from? There is no one over 6'8" in the next two recruiting classes. Having a surplus of talent at forward is great but to legitimately contend in the big ten we need a passable center. Maybe a couple guys will grow?

I'm not sure you realize this but we got 6'10" reggie lynch sitting on our bench this year because he has to sit out for transferring.

This freshman class has the longest losing streak to open a Gopher Big Ten schedule in 93 years and we're "assholes" because we dare to question St. Richard and his divine recruiting powers. Awesome.

Was wondering where you were.

Some one else already mentioned Lynch, but I wouldn't bail on BK yet. He is so much more effective when facing off against true centers, and has been learning how to work with Mason on a lot of pick and rolls lately. And actually catching the passes on those plays. He is passable, he just isn't veteran savvy, and doesn't isn't skilled enough yet to score with one on one moves... Which is fine with the way the pick and roll game is developing for the young guards.

There are two type of centers in college. Those that are highly regarded recruits and likely destined for the NBA, and those that have to develop their skill sets to go along with their size. BK won't ever be Hammonds, but he's midway through his second year of college basketball. I expect he will continue to tighten up his game and that people won't be calling him out by the time he is an upper classman. The problem right now is not BK, it's that we don't have an upperclassman center who has been around the block and put in several years of high level training.

I love this thread. I can see the vision in what Richard is building. I think we will win two in the BIG tourney and have a good year next season.

Some one else already mentioned Lynch, but I wouldn't bail on BK yet.

If BK would just not drop his arms in front of him every time his player tries to take him off the dribble he'd be twice the defender he currently is. An added bonus to this he'd cut his fouls in half. If he could keep his arms high he'd be on the court more.

50/50 chance Lil Ricky will be our coach 4/1/17.

As is usual, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Yes, the FR class is showing potential - but 4 20-pt scorers a night? Look, I want the Gophers to be good-I want to see them winning games and playing in the NCAA tournament - but wanting something doesn't make it happen.

Of the FR, I would say in terms of potential the pecking order is Murphy, Dorsey, McBrayer, and Gilbert gets an incomplete because I haven't seen him play enough to form an opinion.

This group does have the potential to be part of a decent team, but they need other players to come through and provide depth and balance. And - this is just my personal preference - I want to see a big bruiser or two on the front line - like the dudes Purdue always comes up with.

Bottom line - the FR class has potential. BUT - other teams bring in FR who not only start, but become major contributors immediately. Ultimately, Pitino is going to have to land a player who is not just a developmental prospect, but an immediate difference-maker. Based on what I've seen, that player is not on the current roster.

This is what I was hoping to see occur during the conference schedule, namely a definite trend toward improvement and hopefully looking like a good team before the season ends. It's a little ludicrous considering their record, but I was doing chores and listening to the BTN programming and the following game, and at least a couple times, the Gophers were referred to as a good team. That's based on how they're playing right now.

The other thing I heard from the pundits is that the Gophs are too talented to be winless. Maybe they're overestimating the depth and balance of our squad, but I'll be the first to say that we should have at least a couple Big Ten wins at this point.

Pitino's really shown me some things lately. From what I've seen, Richard has out-game planned his last couple opponents, a couple of really good coaches.

This is a team with a decent chance to win a game in the conference tournament.

Every. Single. One.

Every single freshman is a potential 20+ point per night guy. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Sit your asses tight. This is going to be a fantastic team - there is not a recruiting miss on the freshman squad - and I can't remember when I could last say that. Hell, I think even the freshman are starting to realize just how good they are. The squad just needs a serious big man or two and their freshman to turn into sophomores, and watch out.

All you assholes who can't see it, keep naysaying. Pitino and co. recruited a class with no misses, he's developing them, and it's obvious. Dorsey - he's got a rocket up his ass! McBrayer - long, fast and mean. Murphy - instincts and ability off the charts. Gilbert - going to crush people.

And Mason. I think we've seen the waking of a giant. He's turning into a leader. Calm. Cerebral. He scores. He defends. He does everything. All around, he's better than Andre.

The Goph's are on the verge of something special. Sit back, watch, and revel (with booze). Good times are ahead.

Oh yeah - for the Pitino critics: you're wrong. I get your skepticism, but you're wrong. Full stop.

I hope you're right but nothing is considered fact until it happens. Until then you're simply being hopeful and optimistic. I've saved your comment.

Agree with much of your optimism but as a season ticket holder , much like the Vikings, we are buying hope every year. Even the negative posters have to admit the team is improving. To the poster who insists on calling Pitino lil Ricky you are negative, condescending and classless.

Top Bottom