Evan Daniels: Bakary Konate Commits to the U!

the problem with playing two bigs who have to sit in the paint is it clogs everything up.

With Mo/EE together there's be absolutely no where for DeAndre to drive in the lane

Couple of slugs that are always just standing by the hoop! Never go out or set pics or move around at all.

Where do people come up with this crap?

Back to Konate......his high school coach says he has a really nice jumper, even out to the 3 point line. That'll be really nice to have from the center spot.

I think the common thread on this board was that our 2 bigs from last year could never play together. If our new B1Gs possess quickness, the ability to pass can knockdown an outside shot and can play a wing position in a 2-3 there is no reason he wouldn't put 2 "bigs" on the court at one time.

My guess is Pitino, to the best of his ability, will try to recruit 2 positions. Guard and Forward. All guards will handle, shoot, slash and play defense, all Forwards will run, shoot, dunk, rebound and play defense. The rest is just mindless internet talk. The reason this is a conversation is because we are inbetween two roster makeups, we've got some leftovers from the prior regime as well as some stop gap recruits that have been brought in that leave the roster a bit out of whack.

I watch Florida and see soooo much similar in Pitino's Gophers offense to the Florida offense. The difference is the players. If he follows Billy D's style, which he has been quoted as saying he mirrors much closer than his dad, than he will recruit the way I just said. There is also the Louisville flavor of having some large athletic Bigs in there that have shown up in Konate and the pursuit of Anas.

Bottom line, athletes that can ball. Put 5 of them on the court and lets go.

I think Pitino will recruit 3 positions: Point Guard (specifically), Wing, and forward. The wings in the offense will be guards, but they won't be point guards. Sometimes the PGs will be talented enough to do both. But looking at Florida and Louisville as examples, having an actual PG might be the most important part of the offense.

It's a semantical difference, but an important one.

Top Bottom